With Ease Joypad you can perform –using a joystick, gamepad, keyboard or switches– all those actions that allow you to control your mobile device. It provides advanced functions to work with your Android device. For instance:
– Dwell click. Makes click without needing to press any button.
– Gestures made easy. Most common gestures (e.g. tap, double tap, drag, swipe, pinch, etc.) can be performed with just one click.
– Visibility. A big cross makes the cursor more visible.
If you are a person with a traumatic brain injury, cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis, parkinsons, essential tremors; or you are a relative, caregiver or assistive technology professional, this App is of your interest.
Ease Joystick works for tablets and smartphones with Android 7.0 or higher.
HOW IT WORKS?
You can link the buttons of your input device to the actions that allow you to move the pointer, make click and perform other operations.
It provides three modes for clicking:
– Dwelling. Once the cursor is stopped, it starts a countdown and the click is performed when the dwell time is over. A big cross gradually shrinks providing feedback to you.
– Standard click, using any button of the input device
– Ease click. To avoid undesired clicks as a result of tremors or other causes, it is possible to set a time you must maintain the button pressed before the click is accepted.
Additionally, you could set up another time interval in which button presses will be ignored after clicking.
An on-screen menu allows you to choose the desired gesture or another action to perform. You can go back or home, open notifications, show running Apps, zoom in and out, scroll contents and perform swipe or pinch gestures, for instance.
We express our gratitude to the Fundació ASPACE Catalunya (Barcelona), Associació Provincial de Paràlisi Cerebral (APPC) of Tarragona, Federación Española de Parkinson, Associació Malalts de Parkinson de l’Hospitalet i Baix Llobregat and Vodafone Foundation for helping us to test and improve this App.