.INCANDESCENT, full spectrum is the most desirable type of light. It can be achieved with energy efficient “T” series FLUORESCENT bulbs with a high color rendering index (CRI) 90-100.
For bulb selection
1. you need to know the dimensions of the room;
2. how BRIGHT you want room lighted as measured in LUX;
3. the COLOR of light in KELVIN;
4. and the QUALITY of the light measured by the color rendering (CRI) index.
5. select the appropriate bulb and note how many LUMENS of light it will produce.
Then calculate the number of florescent bulbs with the your CRI rating as necessary to accomplish the task and with power consumption in mind (WATTS), select the type of fixture.
LUX (Lx) BRIGHTNESS IN LUX
One Lux - is one lumen per square meter.
3.4 lux - twilight
50 lux - living room
80 lux - office hallway
100 lux - overcast day
350-500 lux - office lighting
400 lux - sunrise
1000 lux - overcast day
10,000-25,000 - daylight
32,000-130,000 - sunlight
KELVIN (K) is the COLOR of the LIGHT
called COLOR TEMPERATURE
3000K – warm white
4200K – cool white
5000K - daylight
2700 K - residential lighting (Incandescent light)
3000-3500 K - neutral-white
4100 K - cool-white in offices
5000-6500 K - blueish-white
CRI is the QUALITY of the light
called the COLOR RENDERING INDEX
and is a measure of how well colors can be perceived.
100 CRI - incandescent lamp
50-100 CRI - fluorescent tubes
82-100 CRI - natural color (full spectrum)
as measured in Watts. Incandescent lights are full spectrum but are energy hogs. Florescent lighting is more energy efficient.
The high efficiency bulbs are labeled with “T” - T12, T8, T5 etc..."T" is the diameter of the tube in the lamp. Typically narrower the lamp diameter the more efficient it will be.
T12’s have not bee manufactured since 2012.
Seniors - Printed materials are not as clear as before, in part because the lens in your eye becomes less flexible with time. Changes within the lens in your eye cause light entering the eye to be scattered rather than focused precisely on the retina, thus creating more glare. The normally clear lens located inside your eye may start to discolor making it harder to see and distinguish between certain shades of colors. The tear glands in your eyes will produce fewer tears.
Increasing the the amount of light, brightness called LUX can improve vision.
Bright Light Therapy - is used to gradually shift sleeping patterns to what we consider normal. For treatment, the timing of light exposure uses a full-spectrum light (90-100 CRI) usually 10,000 LUX in intensity, for 30-90 minutes.
Blue wavelengths -- boost attention, reaction times, and mood are about 5000 degrees Kelvin.
As published in the The Journal of the American Medical Association researchers learned that bright light resulted in a modest improvement in dementia symptoms. Specifically, the use of bright daytime lighting:
· Reduced cognitive decline on a mental status exam by a relative 5%.
· Cut depression symptoms by a relative 19%.
· Calmed slow increases in functional limitations by slightly more than half (53%).
Dementia and Alzheimer's - For these people shadows in a darkened room can become something else, often menacing, and can lead to confusion and depression. A dark rug in a dimly lighted room before a door may become a deep well.
I installed 800 LUX of light – when I throw the light switch, I feel a burst of energy like I am waking up and my mind becoming clear.
More from developer
Keywords: Nerium, Nerium Get Real, Nerium Get Real Conference, Get Real Conference, NeriumAD, Nightcream
thirty-one, 31 gifts, thirty one gifts, 2013 national conference, 31 conference, 31 nc 2013
Keywords : 2013 GameStop Conference, GameStop Conference, GME Conference, GME Conf,
Commence the full epic experience of VidCon! Check out the schedule, explore the expo hall, connect with your fellow attendees and most of all be updated with all the awesomeness VidCon has to offer.
Keywords : VidCon, Vlogbrothers, Online Video Conference, Nerdfighteria
Keywords: STAGEnext, STAGE_next, freedom, PGi, premiere global, freedom2013, STAGEnext Freedom 2013, STAGEnext 2013
On behalf of the American Society of Anesthesiologists it is with great pleasure that I invite you to attend our upcoming annual meeting, ANESTHESIOLOGY 2012, being held in Washington, D.C. from October 13- 17, 2012. As the world’s premier anesthesiology meeting, the gathering offers high level scientific and educational lectures, panels, discussions and workshops, along with incredible networking opportunities in a great location — Washington D.C.
This year’s theme, Transforming Patient Safety Through Education and Advocacy, will continue to highlight the advances that we as a specialty have made in ensuring that our patients remain safe throughout the perioperative period. It will also use the backdrop of Washington D.C., just a few weeks before the national election, to stress the importance of advocacy in furthering our efforts to ensure patient safety.
The opening ceremony will highlight Political commentators James Carville and Mary Matalin who will discuss politics from both sides of the aisle. It’s a perfect way to highlight the election season at our meeting.
As international attendance grows at the ASA annual meetings we have added more offerings to appeal to our international participants.
In this election year, and as annual meeting chair, I am confident that you will vote ANESTHESIOLOGY 2012 the best, most educational and most enjoyable meeting you will attend all year. Plan on attending what will be a most memorable meeting.
Andrew D. Rosenberg M.D.
ANESTHESIOLOGY 2012 Chair
Keywords: ASA, ASA 2012, Anesthesiology, Anesthesiology 2012, Anesthesia, Anes, Washington DC, Annual Meeting
Does your organization need an event app? Visit crowdcompass.com for more details.
New CrowdCompass Directory Features
• Easy login -- sync schedules, notes, and more content across multiple devices
• More social sharing -- post simultaneously to Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
• Event Directory -- view events from multiple organizations in a single app
• Improved scheduling -- set reminders for activities you want to attend and block out time for personal appointments
• Two-way contact exchange for networking -- share and request contact information between event attendees
• Interactive maps -- explore the venue and filter activities, sessions and more based on your bookmarks and reminders
• Click -- Take photos to complete challenges and possibly win prizes during this photo-based scavenger hunt game
• Same great features across all native event apps
• Seamless user experience across all devices and your account on the web
Other CrowdCompass Directory Features
• Works offline -- A CrowdCompass app works when you need it most: before, during, and after the event. We've worked really hard to make sure you can still experience the event even if your Internet connection isn't the best.
• Schedules -- see everything that's happening at the event and plan your day
• View participating speakers and organizations -- access their pictures, bios, presentations, and other valuable information before, during, and after the event
• Maps and floor plans -- Think of the app as your event guide! Easily locate sessions, speakers, and other activities you're interested in. Plus, find nearby attractions outside of the conference.
• Feedback -- fill out the in-app survey to rate sessions and let the organizer know about your overall event experience
Want to know more about what CrowdCompass apps can do for a conference, convention, trade show, or meeting? Visit crowdcompass.com to see how your business events and conferences could benefit from a CrowdCompass app.
Follow us on Facebook: facebook.com/crowdcompass
Follow us on Twitter: @CrowdCompass
Keywords: event,events,convention,conventions,conference,conferences,trade show,trade shows,meeting,meetings
Don't miss out on any of the action, download the Bud Light Hotel 2014 App today.
Keywords: Bud Light, Bud Light Hotel, NYC, Superbowl Hotel, Superbowl, Superbowl weekend, Budweiser, BL Hotel
Beachbody's biggest cash giveaways of the year
Show-stopping keynote speakers
Exceptional training from our top Coaches
With this app, you'll have access to everything you need to enjoy Summit as well as special deals and announcements right at your finger tips!
Keywords: Team Beachbody, Beachbody, Coach, Summit, Star Diamond, Celebration
OTC Asia is sponsored by 13 energy industry's leading professional associations, who work cooperatively to develop the technical programme to highlight Asia's growing importance in the global energy mix. OTC Asia also has endorsing and supporting organisations.
Download this app to find exhibitors; view events; speakers ; maps and live notification and create a personalised schedule.
Keywords: offshore,conference,oil&gas,technology,asia, exhibition,otc,petroleum,upstream,downstream,otcasia
Experimental Biology is an annual meeting comprised of nearly 14,000 scientists and exhibitors representing six sponsoring societies and 30 guest societies.
General fields of study include anatomy, physiology, pathology, biochemistry, nutrition, and pharmacology. EB 2013 is open to all members of the sponsoring and guest societies and nonmembers with interest in research and life sciences. The majority of scientists represent university and academic institutions as well as government agencies, non-profit organizations and private corporations.
Keywords :- experimental biology, eb, eb 2013, aaa, aps, asbmb, asip, asn, aspet
Keywords : HLC, Higher Learning Commission,