BilliardRadar is the very first augmented reality mobile app that assists you playing billiard on a real billiard table. Stand or move around in front of a billiard table and point the camera of your device towards the table. BilliardRadar displays artificial helper lines directly on the live video pictures in real-time, which help you with the next shot.
This is the first release of this app. You are very welcome to give us your feedback for future versions (either with the integrated feedback button or by visiting our product website, unfortunately we cannot answer on Android "Play" Store comments).
- Can be used with almost any billiard table (works e.g. with Pool, Snooker, Carom) by letting the app "learn" the surface of your table.¹
- Live camera picture is shown, processed and overlayed with artificial helper lines in real-time.
- Boundaries of recognized table are marked with artificial lines on the screen.
- Either touch the screen 2 times with one finger or with 2 fingers at the same time to span a potential shot, the resulting shot will be calculated and displayed immediately.
- Move the "Shot Length" slider to adjust the length of the calculated resulting shot.
- Walk along the table, the calculated shot will be updated on the screen according to the respective new camera perspective.
- Hit the "pause" button to "freeze" the current camera picture on the screen to be able to place and evaluate potential shots more conveniently, hit it again to switch back to live camera mode.
- Integrated stabilizer function which filters noisy camera images (can be switched off at any time to increase speed).
¹ Please note: this app assumes the billiard table to be standard rectangular shaped, that is very exotic billiard tables like e.g. circle tables are not supported at this time.
Important: this app requires an integrated camera!