Completely updated version!
§ Ergonomic home screen design with more features including SD card backup
§ Additional systematic table of contents for categorized access
Contains over 800 lists of symptoms, physical signs and abnormal findings (including laboratory tests)
Alphabetical table of contents
Keyword search function
Notes: Add personal notes to an entry and find all notes in the notes list
Bookmarks: Highlight your favorite entries
The app is an invaluable resource for medical students entering the clinical years and a great reference source for residents and other medical professionals.
For students, residents, nurses, and all other healthcare professionals.
Diagnosaurus helps health care professionals perform differential diagnosis with speed and confidence at the point of care. This quick-reference resource allows you to browse over 1,000 diagnoses by organ system, symptom, and disease or use the Universal Index Search to find exactly what you need. Use the valuable “See related DDx” feature within each entry to consider alternative diagnoses and quickly link to those entries.
• 1,000+ quick-read differential diagnoses
• “See related DDx” section with direct links to alternate entries
• Etiology section for determining cause of conditions
• Disease, organ system, and symptoms indexes for fast navigation
• Universal Index Search to help find terms across all indexes
• “Favorites” for bookmarking important entries
Author: Roni F. Zeiger, MD
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Professional
Powered by: Unbound Medicine
"This book continues to be a favorite among medical students and housestaff for good reason."--Doody's Review Service
This Android version of the "manual of manuals" provides essential patient care information for medical students. You will find totally up-to-date coverage of current treatment protocols and step-by-step information on the history and physical examination, differential diagnosis, key lab and diagnostic tests, and much more.
* Revised format and design delivers bulleted, concise information as well as numerous flow charts and tables
* Thoroughly updated and revised with particular attention to topics like clinical microbiology, critical care, emergencies, and commonly used medications
Never Leave Home Without The Monkey!
Widely known as the Scut Monkey Handbook, the Clinician's Pocket Reference 11th ed is a resident's and medical student's survival guide for the wards and in the clinic. It is also widely used among practicing physicians and health care providers to access essential information in patient care. This popular reference app provides a well-organized and strategically delivered format equipped with an automatic updates feature to ensure the most current medical information available. Quickly access information on history and physical examination, current treatment protocols, differential diagnosis, key lab and diagnostic tests, and much more.
Medicine Central is an integrated mobile and web reference built specifically for physicians, residents, students, and nurse practitioners that includes 5-Minute Clinical Consult, Davis’s Drug Guide, McGraw-Hill’s Diagnosaurus®, Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests, and MEDLINE Journals.
With four trusted references, Medicine Central delivers comprehensive content on the essentials of diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up for more than 900 diseases and disorders in a quick-read format directly to the point of care.
5-MINUTE CLINICAL CONSULT
5-Minute Clinical Consult (5MCC) features details on over 900 medical conditions and 200 pediatric conditions with evidence-based treatment recommendations in a proven, rapid-access format. 5MCC also includes dermatology images, algorithms for step-by-step patient management, patient teaching points, and more.
DAVIS’S DRUG GUIDE
Davis’s Drug Guide delivers up-to-date, comprehensive, and practical information on over 5,000 trade name and generic drugs. This best-selling resource contains everything you need to provide premium care to your patients including information on dosing and administration, safety, interactions, and much more.
Diagnosaurus allows you to quickly search over 1,000 differential diagnoses by organ system, symptom, disease, or you can view all entries. The valuable "See Related DDx" feature within each listing helps you consider alternative diagnoses and quickly link to those entries.
POCKET GUIDE TO DIAGNOSTIC TESTS
Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests provides evidence-based information on the selection and interpretation of more than 450 common laboratory tests. This quick-reference tool includes laboratory tests, diagnostic imaging, therapeutic drug monitoring, microbiology tests, and the use of tests in differential diagnosis.
MEDLINE Journals provides citations and abstracts from the latest issues of trusted medical journals. Link to the full-text articles provided by the journal publisher.
Medicine Central features:
• Cross Links for fast navigation between resources
• Frequent updates and new editions when they’re published
• Citations and abstracts from the latest medical journals
• Universal Index Search – find topics across all references
• ‘Favorites’ for bookmarking important entries
• Web access and updates for one year
How It Works
Current Medicine Central subscribers:
• Install the application to your device.
• Open the application and enter your Medicine Central username and password, then tap “Login.”
• The latest Medicine Central content will be downloaded to your device over your wireless connection.
If you are a new user and are interested in learning more about Medicine Central, please visit the Unbound Medicine website.
Publishers: Wolters Kluwer | Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; F.A. Davis; McGraw-Hill
Powered by: Unbound Medicine
Arterial Blood Gas Interpretation Calculator.
* Great tool for nurses, doctors and medical students
* Only ABG Interpreter on the market that can solve triple acid base problems.
* Provides differential diagnosis of each disorder in your ABG.
* Allows you to define Normal pCO2 and Bicarb range for ABG interpretation.
* If provided, corrects Anion Gap for Albumin(ie Albumin g/dL x 2.5 = normal AG) in the ABG values.
* Remembers the optional ABG values despite shut down (ie. normal Bicarb range, pCO2 range, use SI units & interpret without Na & Cl)
* Install to SD
This ABG app has be "stress tested" against 100+ triple -acid base ABG problems.
This app has been developed by a ABIM Certified Internal Medicine Physician in the US and calculations are based on: Interpretation of arterial blood gas. Pramod Sood, Gunchan Paul, and Sandeep Puri (Indian J Crit Care Med. 2010 Apr-Jun; 14(2): 57 - 64)
This application is for ABG informational/educational purposes only. Please do not use to guide actual patient care and real life ABG interpretation. I take no responsibility for incorrect answers.
Please notify me ASAP if do see incorrect answers in the ABG interpretation so that I may fix them.
Please rate highly if you like the app.
* Essential information regarding aortic, mitral, pulmonary and tricuspid stenosis, aortic and mitral regurgitation
* An overview of important differential diagnoses
* A summary of Doppler data for prosthetic aortic and mitral values