Download the Hazard App by New Zealand Red Cross to help you and your family prepare and respond to hazards in New Zealand. The app is a vital tool to help you get through emergencies and to receive disaster alerts.
This app allows users to prepare their homes and families for disaster, find help and let others know they are safe. An in-built alert system will allow you to receive alerts based on the location and type of hazard you are monitoring. Through the Hazard App, you will receive official emergency warnings and alerts from participating agencies according to your location or the locations of your friends and family. You have control over the locations, types of hazard and level of the alerts that you monitor on the app.
What alerts do I get?
Alerts are received by the Hazard App from participating alerting authorities.
You will receive notifications of earthquakes, and Watches/Warnings of Severe Weather and Thunderstorms, for anywhere in New Zealand.
The App is being rolled out region by region by Civil Defence Emergency Management Groups. You will only receive alerts from the regional civil defence groups who are currently actively engaged with the app.
Visit our website for participating regions.
● Receive official emergency warnings and alerts from participating alerting authorities
● Monitor up to 5 locations
● Control the locations, types of hazard and level of the alerts that you monitor on the app.
● Send “I am safe” messages to friends and family.
● Access pre-loaded information anytime, anywhere even without cell phone reception or internet connection
● Toolkit with features such as torch and siren