-- One of “10 Great Apps for Android Tablets” (9/2012) – Mashable
-- First Aid By American Red Cross is a fix for what ails you.” - Appolicious
-- One of the 50 Best Apps for Parents of 2012 – Babble.com
-- First Aid American Red Cross App Should be Installed on Every Phone – Android Police
-- One of “8 Ways Your Phone Doubles as a Wilderness Survival Tool” (7/2012) – Mashable
-- One of “10 apps that can save your life during a natural disaster” – ComplexTech
-- One of “10 Online Resources to Prepare for the Mayan Apocalypse” – Mashable
Accidents happen. The official American Red Cross First Aid app puts expert advice for everyday emergencies in your hand. Get the app and be prepared for what life brings. With videos, interactive quizzes and simple step-by-step advice it’s never been easier to know first aid.
Ahora disponible en español.
· Easy to use Spanish language toggle to switch translation directly inside the app.
· HEAT STROKE AND RELATED CONTENT NOW INCLUDED IN LEARN AND EMERGENCY TABS
· Simple step-by-step instructions guide you through everyday first aid scenarios.
· Fully integrated with 9-1-1 so you can call EMS from the app at any time.
· Videos and animations make learning first aid fun and easy.
· Safety tips for everything, from severe winter weather to hurricanes, earthquakes and tornadoes help you prepare for emergencies.
· Preloaded content means you have instant access to all safety information at anytime, even without reception or an Internet connection.
Interactive quizzes allow you to earn badges that you can share with your friends and show off your lifesaving knowledge.
The app is ad-free and spam free.
This app requires an SD card with 40MB of free space, and it’ll work on Android 2.2 or upwards.
Copyright © 2012-2014 The American National Red Cross
This app includes the latest first aid advice and protocols for dealing with emergency situations. It is simple to follow with illustrated guides and voiced instructions.
The app doesn’t replace the benefits of learning first aid on a St John Ambulance course, nor is it as in depth as a full first aid manual. But when there is an emergency, it will help you to know what to do to in those few crucial moments when basic knowledge of first aid can make the difference.
Nothing is more tragic than a life lost needlessly. You can be the difference between life and death.
Please note: The first aid advice is based solely upon UK protocols. Both the UK and European emergency service numbers are provided.
This application First Aid Kit is for creating awareness for the people who stuck with accidents and other common medical difficulties like Asthma, Unconsciousness, diabetics, Snake Bites, Road Accident, Burns, Fracture, Heart attack, Poisoning, Eye Injuries.
- Simple step-by-step instructions guide you through everyday first aid scenarios.
- Videos and animations make learning first aid fun and easy.
- Safety tips for everything, from severe winter weather to hurricanes, earthquakes and tornadoes help you prepare for emergencies.
- Preloaded content means you have instant access to all safety information at anytime, even without reception or an Internet connection.
- Interactive quizzes allow you to earn badges that you can share with your friends and show off your lifesaving knowledge.
This First Aid manual, which is published by the U.S. Army, meets the emergency medical training needs of individual soldiers. Because medical personnel will not always be readily available, the nonmedical soldiers will have to rely heavily on their own skills and knowledge of life-sustaining methods to survive on the integrated battlefield. This manual also addresses first aid measures for other life- threatening situations. It outlines both self-treatment (self-aid) and aid to other soldiers (buddy aid). More importantly, this manual emphasizes prompt and effective action in sustaining life and preventing or minimizing further suffering. First aid is the emergency care given to the sick, injured, or wounded before being treated by medical personnel.
*** This application is completely based on the United States Army First Aid Field Manual FM 21-11. ***
- Both Portrait and Landscape modes are supported. Landscape mode is preferred for better reading experience.
- Zooming is supported in order to see the text/images better.
List of Contents
- CHAPTER 1. Fundamental Criteria for First Aid
Section I. EVALUATE CASUALTY
Section II. UNDERSTAND VITAL BODY FUNCTIONS
- CHAPTER 2. Basic Measures for First Aid
Section I. OPEN THE AIRWAY AND RESTORE BREATHING
Section II. STOP THE BLEEDING AND PROTECT THE WOUND
Section III. CHECK AND TREAT FOR SHOCK
- CHAPTER 3. First Aid for Special Wounds
Section I. GIVE PROPER FIRST AID FOR HEAD INJURIES
Section II. GIVE PROPER FIRST AID FOR FACE AND NECK INJURIES
Section III. GIVE PROPER FIRST AID FOR CHEST AND ABDOMINAL WOUNDS AND BURN INJURIES
Section IV. APPLY PROPER BANDAGES TO UPPER AND LOWER EXTREMITIES
- CHAPTER 4. First Aid for Fractures
- CHAPTER 5. First Aid for Climatic Injury
- CHAPTER 6. First Aid for Bites and Stings
- CHAPTER 7. First Aid in Toxic Environments
Section I. INDIVIDUAL PROTECTION AND FIRST AID EQUIPMENT FOR TOXIC SUBSTANCES
Section II. CHEMICAL-BIOLOGICAL AGENTS
Section III. NERVE AGENTS
Section IV. OTHER AGENTS
- CHAPTER 8. First Aid for Psychological Reactions
- APPENDIX A. First Aid Case and Kits, Dressings, and Bandages
- APPENDIX B. Rescue and Transportation Procedures
- APPENDIX C. Common Problems/Conditions
Section I. HEALTH MAINTENANCE
Section II. FIRST AID FOR COMMON PROBLEMS
- APPENDIX E. Digital Pressure
- APPENDIX F. Decontamination Procedures
- APPENDIX G. Skill Level 1 Tasks
There are many programs to learn basic first aid taught by schools, Fire Departments, hospitals, and community organizations that are a great tool for everyone.
First Aid is usually administered under the premise of immediate care for an illness or injury. Members of the general public are taught to administer this care until the arrival of qualified medical personnel at the scene of a medical emergency.
While external first aid training courses have their supporters, there are strong arguments in support of managed on-site first aid training, because it can be tailored to suit the industry, location and the First Aider student.
Alsco Training (Alscotraining.com.au) says on-site trainers can assess the likely skills needed by the First Aider trainee. This assessment can lead to more job or site-specific training because of the increased risk of, for example, industrial accidents.
The on-site trainer also can inspect first aid kits and ensure there are enough kits for the number of employees at the facility and that their contents are appropriate for the business.
But regardless of where and how first aid training is provided, it is important to understand that not all courses are the same.
OFFLINE EMERGENCY TOOL built on hundreds of thousands of real life emergency situations over the past four years. A unique search engine that is customized for you! Please take some time to explore the app.
Comprehensive Medical Health Guide & symptom checker designed to help in Emergency First Aid, at Home or Outdoors.
24/7 access to health information.
+ Now features "Quick Links" for easy First Aid and Emergency Medical content access and Symptoms Checker.
+ Lab values and tests.
+ Natural search, based on comprehensive information (like local conditions, medical history, vital signs, past search, and more).
+ Ranking emphasis on Medical First Aid and life threatening conditions. App is a result of about a million real time searches performed. Outdoors, home and car medical topics. + Internet connectivity is not required, after initial sync for the app to work.
+ Our content is original (no infomercials), 100% written and edited by MDs. We are uncompromising with the quality of medical content.
+ Based on our custom platform, we provide real solutions to life situations by professional ER team.
AR First Aid features :
~ Quick links
~ Content is available off-line, no connectivity required after the initial sync
~ Natural search
~ Voice Search
~ Human Atlas + Search.
~ Symptoms and signs checker
~ Articles are written for the purpose of this application and to help in mobile non-hospital conditions.
~ Emergency medical conditions ranking. Using a proprietary symptom medical chart and custom artificial intelligence (AI) to rank. AI auto-improvements based on the current usage data, symptoms, signs vitals and much more.
~ Emergency, life threatening and every day conditions. Most home medical remedies are covered. We are adding more and improving our existing articles based on the current usage data. Daily. Our app does not try to diagnose. It can't replace your MD's opinion.
~ Local medical service providers, on your finger tips, from Google
~ Medical Profile, used to rank search for First Aid and more
~ Articles specifically written for the application, not 'paid by' infomercials.
~ We constantly expand our database with more and more medical data. Wide variety of answers for new non-emergency conditions/cases are added every day.
Cannot be moved on SD due to copyright protection.
Our Emergency Response application is aimed to help untrained users to recognize and react to a medical situation. It is sometimes crucial to identify the most probable cause, depending on patient condition and medical history. We incorporate a separate time/location factors in order to rank the result set.
AR First Aid features a comprehensive search engine which evaluates the search query for known combinations of symptoms, signs, and conditions. Our basic IA ranks possible causes and identifies potentially dangerous situations given the patient medical history. AR First AID shows specific steps to perform for most common home/outdoor/sport conditions and injuries in plain language. Supported media includes videos, images and step by step instructions. In certain cases, when we need to further differentiate, additional options will be presented.
Last but not least, we try to find a medical professional or service near by. We are NOT affiliated to or profit from such services.
AR First Aid team is looking forward to bring the best experience and constantly updating its medical databases. If you can help us with the medical researches and articles, please let us know, we are ready to give credit where it is due.
Developed for the Australian market as part of a global project by the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent societies and Red Cross’ Global Disaster Preparedness Centre the APP features up to date CPR and First Aid guidelines as set out by the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC).
Basic techniques for saving someones life:.
- Use wizard if you are not sure with which injury you are dealing with
- There is a hyperlink for all emergency services
- The basic things that you need to know about disasters and how to prepare for them
- Information about first aid lessons for future drivers
- Information about organization of Red Cross
The application support both cyrillic and latin alphabet, which can be selected in the menu.
- Updated to reflect The American Heart Association Guidelines on CPR & Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- 34 videos and 46 high-resolution illustrations added
- Added Search functionality
- Reorganized content to make it easier to find help in an emergency
- Adult, Child, and Infant CPR
- Adult, Child, and Infant Choking
- Redesigned user interface for ease of use
- Bug fixes and other enhancements to improve user experience
Pocket First Aid & CPR from the American Heart Association helps save a life in Haiti. Read the incredible story of Dan Woolley, who survived 65 hours under rubble using this application. As seen on CNN, NBC Nightly News, Fox News, London Daily Mail, NPR, and many more. http://bit.ly/7LgxSu
All content provided by the American Heart Association, the nation's oldest and largest voluntary health organization dedicated to building healthier lives, free of heart disease and stroke. Learn more by visiting www.heart.org. Powered by Jive Media, the leading producer of consumer medical applications for mobile devices: http://jive.me/technology/
Send us your requests/feedback. We'd love to hear from you: firstname.lastname@example.org
This application is designed for the general public and is not meant to substitute for full CPR and first aid training, nor is it meant to be used by a healthcare provider in a professional setting.
The most important overviews-fast and compact :
--> Algorithm CPR
--> Blood Pressure and Heart rate
--> Blood sugar
--> Burns-rule of nines
--> Dangerous goods
--> Glasgow Coma Scale
--> Oxygen bottle - Calculation of the content
--> Paediatric GCS
--> Patient positioning
--> Pulse oximetry
--> Respiratory rate
--> Types of respiratory
It provides you good, efficient, effective and simple way of first aid.
It covers topics related to health,emergency levels, treatment, care and attention to the injured, and all accident prevention and emergency treatment and recovery.
It is reliable and easy way to find emergency solutions.
It is divided into 12 main sections.
Each main Section deals with a wide range of situations and divided into relivant sub sections.
Aims of First Aid Treatment
* Preserve life : the overriding aim of all medical care is to save lives and minimise the threat of death.
* Prevent further harm : also sometimes called prevent the condition from worsening, or danger of further injury, this covers both external factors, such as moving a patient away from any cause of harm, and applying first aid techniques to prevent worsening of the condition, such as applying pressure to stop a bleed becoming dangerous.
* Promote recovery : first aid also involves trying to start the recovery process from the illness or injury, and in some cases might involve completing a treatment, such as in the case of applying a plaster to a small wound.
First aid training also involves the prevention of initial injury and responder safety, and the treatment phases. And it is a kit of aid.
The guide contains up to date first aid guidance, divided into relevant sections, subsections and information pages.
It provides you with step by step instructions for dealing with a wide range of situations. Information pages use a handy colour code system, allowing you fast and easy access to relevant data.
Basic First Aid ** FREE **
Do YOU remember what you were taught back in the day about first aid? Any ideal what to do in a medical first ad emergency?
Do you have the essentials knowledge of first aid for you and your family? How prepared are you?
With this guide by your side, you and your family will learn the basics of first aid and how important to have at the minim a basic knowledge. In other words, this guide could be a lifesaver.
Inside you'll find steps to an affordable food storage program plus how to:
·Prepare a First Aid Kit
·Care of Cuts and Scraps
·Care for Burns and how to Prevent Burns
·What to do for a Poisoning
·And many more invaluable hints and tips
Grab the FREE First Aid App Today!
• Convenient, easy appointment scheduling and rescheduling
• Receive appointment reminders
• View donation history to see how many lives you’ve helped save
• Get geo-targeted blood shortage alerts let you know if your blood type is needed in your area
• Take a selfie of your heroic donation and share with friends and family using one of a variety of filters
• Claim rewards from participating retailers for your donation efforts
• Track your blood via Blood Journey and get notified when your blood has reached a hospital (when available)
• Join or create a lifesaving team based around your favorite organization (school, business, sports team, etc.) or create your own, recruit others and view rankings on a national scoreboard
• Earn unique badges to proudly share your achievements via social media, text, or email whether you’re a first-timer or a gallon donor
• If your donation history doesn't appear or for account sign up/login help - call 855 210 1278
Copyright © 2014 The American National Red Cross
Also features a Hospital finder and a handy device enabling parents to record their child’s medication needs. Get this essential app on your Android device now.
Simple, easy-to-understand advice and frequently asked questions on 17 first aid scenarios. Videos, step-by-step instructions and animations make it fun and easy to pick up.
Get expert tips on how to prepare for some of the most common emergency situations, from accidents in the garden to a fire at home. Sections include a list of tips and handy checklist.
Act fast when things go wrong. This instantly accessible, step-by-step section gives you the key information to know what to do in emergency first aid situations.
Find out how much you’ve learned in our test section, which provides a useful opportunity to check that you’ve picked up all the necessary skills.
Find out more about the life-saving work of the British Red Cross – including volunteering opportunities, latest news and how to sign up for a first aid course.
Download this essential app today.
* Note that while emergency numbers throughout the app are for UK users, the information in this app will be useful to anyone, anywhere in the world.