The IEEE 1584 empirically derived model was chosen for arc flash analysis due to the model's capability to accurately account for a wide variety of setup parameters including:
* open and box equipment configurations
* grounding of all types and ungrounded
* gap between conductors of 3 to 152 mm.
* short circuit currents in the range of 700A to 106kA
* system line voltages in the range of 208V to 15kV
* working distances from 10 to 80 inches
For cases where voltage is over 15kV or gap is outside the range of the model, the theoretically derived Lee method can be applied and it is included in iAFA V1.0
The arc flash software takes equipment configuration, gap between electrodes, grounding type, short circuit fault current value and system voltage on input, and determines arcing fault current at potential point of fault.
For protective devices operating in the steep portion of their time-current curves, a small change in current causes a big change in corresponding operating time. Incident energy is linear with time, and consequently arc current variations may have a big effect on incident energy. The IEEE 1584 proposed solution is to make two arc current and energy calculations: one using the calculated expected arc current and another one using a reduced arc current that is 15% lower.
The arc flash software enables calculations for both of the above considered cases. The iAFA arc flash software predicts arcing fault current for a given configuration and amount of the available 3-phase short circuit current. Next, the incident energy, arc flash boundary, shock protection boundaries and level of personnel protective equipment are determined based on equipment configuration, selected upstream protection device ratings and working distance.
* Detailed analysis using the IEEE 1584 equations and the Lee method
* Collect information, take photos of switchgear, MCC's etc. during field walk-downs
* Instantly determine arcing current, incident energy, arc flash, limited, restricted, prohibited approach boundaries, hazard risk category, typical clothing system
* Add fuse and circuit breaker data including time-current characteristics for the devices that are not already featured in the built-in protection device library
* Calculator-style interface makes complex calculations easy to understand
* Provide a safer working environment by specifying the proper level of personal protective equipment. Wearing inadequate clothing is dangerous for obvious reasons, but wearing too much clothing is dangerous due to limited mobility and visibility
* Design safer power systems while insuring compliance with NEC 110.16, OSHA, NFPA 70E, IEEE P1584 and CSA Z462 standards and regulations
* Avoid potential fines, lost productivity, and increased insurance and litigation costs
* Set arc duration cut-off in the 2 to 10 second range
* Evaluate Threshold Incident Energy for a Second Degree Burn
* Generate arc flash warning labels in high resolution graphic format
* Create warning labels in English and a variety of international languages
* Save input configurations, equipment image for future reference
* Send extended report including equipment data, calculation results, arc flash label
* Perform analysis using metric, imperial units
This app will perform your most common electrical calculations based on the 2014, 2011 and 2008 National Electric Codes. Metric units is included.
Box Sizing for pull, junction, and splice boxes.
Conductor Sizing based upon load amps, voltage, NEC Table for installation types, ambient temperature, terminal temperature, rooftop installation, voltage drop percentage, quantity of additional current carrying conductors, load duty, number of parallel conductors per phase, single or parallel raceways, and circuit type. It includes many built in conductor types.
Conduit and Trough Fill for any number and type of conductor and raceway combinations.
Fault Current calculations based on the point to point method, for calculating available fault current at the end of a run of conductors, or at the secondary of a transformer, or at a distance downstream of a transformer secondary.
Voltage Drop calculations based on conductor type, material and size, and circuit type, as well as the quantity of conductors per phase.
Underground cover (Burial depth).
We are continually adding new features to the app, so please let us know if you would like to see any other features added.
Key features are the ability to capture Incident and Hazard information, including photographs offline, for later submission to the myosh Safety Management system.
The myosh backend system offers comprehensive safety compliance software with more than 40 modules to choose from.
myosh ensures complete support via major consultation and training providers and is constantly praised for its easy to use web-based platform.
Available in a multi-lingual version, myosh is used globally and has been customized for many industries including oil and gas, mining, construction, aviation and agriculture
In this application you will be able to download the Safety Signals for SR3 Risk Identification associated with hazardous substances and residue for the identification of SR3 risks, indicating the degree of severity for each category such as health, flammability and reactivity and you will also have the option to indicate a specific risk. You can select the size and will obtain a pdf file.
Applications for you.
SR3 offers several applications in different languages related to handling, transportation, final disposal of hazardous substances and waste so you can easily, modernly and efficiently download and/or print in Full Page, various sizes and formats:
- Safety Labels for Classes.
- Safety Labels for Classes with Numbers of United Nations UN.
- Number of United Nations UN.
- Safety Signs for risk identification.
- Danger Safety Signs.
- Guide Poster of Emergency Response GRE 2012.
The Calculator determines grounded and ungrounded loads for general lighting, fastened (or fixed) appliances, dryers, cooking appliances, heating and A/C units, and the largest motor. All numeric entries are in Volt-Amperes (VA). The calculated loads are compiled to determine the total service load for a single-family dwelling.
After the service load is calculated the Calculator determines the size of the service-entrance conductors required for the dwelling. Proper sizing of the conductors is required to ensure the safety and efficiency of the service.
The Calculator is designed to be an aid to electricians in electrical load calculations and is not intended to replace Article 220 of the NEC® or the NEC® as a whole.
National Electrical Code and NEC are registered trademarks of the National Fire Protection Association, Inc.
On our support forum located at http://bendele.net/forum/ you can:
- ask questions about how the Calculator calculates.
- offer suggestions for improving the application.
- report defects (bugs).
- request new features.
Thank you very much for using the Electric Service Calculator . We hope that it saves you time and money.
There are 2 separate groups that can utilise the app – employers and employees
1. The app is designed to allow individual employees to work through a series of questions regarding workplace health and safety that they should be able to answer once they have commenced a new job or new worksite. Employees can enter emergency contact details and photos for each specific work site they have, and add new sites with further information.
The app provides instant feedback, with links to further information and a “percentage completed” indicator that will highlight how much information each individual knows for each work site They can go back and complete other questions once they have further information.
The app will produce a PDF certificate of progress, which can also be emailed to the employer to demonstrate they understand the WHS requirements of their work.
2. For employers the app has the ability to set up a profile for each employee for each worksite, so the employer can track that each individual worker has an understanding of the WHS information for each worksite. Links to further information, the ability to take photos of each employee, and save emergency contact details. For many employers they will have different employees on various worksites, so tracking WHS induction and having 24/7 access to information is vital.
Tools included in this app are:-
- Fire Risk Assessments
- Task Based CoSHH Risk Assessment
- Work at Height Risk Assessment
- Task Based Manual Handling Risk Assessment
- Permit to Work Forms
- Report near Miss
This app has been designed by NEBOSH qualified health and safety experts and suitable for most industry sectors.Included in this app are tools that enable users to manage their health and safety responsibilities and to help meet their legal obligations under health & Safety Law. This powerful tool is perfect for those who are new to health and safety and or need to complete a range of risk assessments for the workplace
By the end of the e-learning you will have a greater understanding of:-
What is risk assessment?
Types of risk found in Social Housing
Step by step approach to risk assessment.
Test of learning
The e-learning is 100% free but there are 3 optional charged for services:
The course prefers primarily to UK and EU legislation but the content can be customised to your organisation's requirements.
The course can be purchased for any platform. Data recorded will synch across multiple devices.
Learning Management System:
If you want to find out who has carried out the training or email those that haven't, then you can use the compatible Learning Management System: Open ELms Pro to record data on your own branded e-Learning portal.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org any time for a quote, search for e-Learning WMB on the App Store to see some of our other courses or visit www.e-learningwmb.com.
The NEC® 2014 Edition app is your mobile companion to the code. Browse the articles or search by keyword, and access important electrical safety news and code development information from the NFPA.
Designed for code users at any level, this flexible mobile app helps you improve electrical safety knowledge and prep for exams. You can:
•Check your knowledge with more than 300 code questions
•Track your progress and identify code areas where you need to concentrate your efforts
•Study for any length of time -- a few minutes or an hour -- from the convenience of your smart phone or tablet
The NEC Digital Flash Cards is ideal for electrical designers, engineers, installers, contractors, facilities managers, inspectors, exam candidates, and anyone who applies National Electrical Code rules on the job.
Portable fire extinguishers are an important first line of defense against small fires. For the best protection, be sure to select, use, and maintain extinguishers using the latest requirements as presented in the 2010 NFPA 10: Standard for Portable Fire Extinguishers. Now you can access NFPA 10 requirements in the palm of your hand!
Through this application NFPA 10 is fully searchable and is equipped with active links. You also have the ability to bookmark important chapters for quick reference.
Update your knowledge on important provisions that impact safety. Only the 2010 edition includes:
• Clarification of what Certification is and how it relates to performing service and maintenance of portable fire extinguishers
• More specific guidelines for the placement of extinguishers that reduce ambiguity
• New definitions for pressurized flammable liquid and clean agent extinguishers
• New precaution and related Annex on the use of dry chemical fire extinguishers around delicate electronic equipment
Find reliable, complete fire extinguisher guidance.
Whether you're a servicer, facility manager or owner, or technician...you can depend on this important Standard for current, comprehensive rules for the distribution, placement, maintenance, operation, and inspection of equipment -- as well as testing and recharging.
Make sure extinguishers are up to the job with the new extinguishers benchmark!
• Application is designed for Android Mobile OS (versions 2.X).
• Android OS 3.X is not supported in current version.
• Application is designed and optimized for Mobile platform.
• Recommended resolution for viewing this app is 640 X 960.
Through this application NFPA 1600 is fully searchable and is equipped with active links as well as phone numbers for NFPA® and other agencies involved with emergency management programs, risk mitigation, and response. The 2007 edition included major revisions to the listings of resources identified in the annexes.
This edition also includes incorporating material on prevention as a new program element as well as the latest rules for:
• Emergency management mitigation
• Business continuity
An official NFPA publication, each issue contains select articles from the award-winning NFPA Journal as well as articles written with local focus by respected Latin American professionals. Each issue includes a full slate of regular columns and departments, each with its own special focus.
Display the most recent article content from the print magazine, online exclusive articles from nfpajla.org, weblog posts and news items. Browse and read stories covering major topics in fire protection, suppression and life safety such as exclusive fire investigation reports, fire protection advances, code compliance in different occupancies, and other information of interest to industry professionals.
Read the past 4 issues in the scrolling digital format: see the page exactly as it appears in the print copy.
The National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States (the 9/11 Commission), has recognized NFPA 1600: Standard on Disaster/Emergency Management and Business Continuity Programs as our National Preparedness Standard®. Widely used by public, not-for-profit, nongovernmental, and private entities on a local, regional, national, international and global basis, NFPA 1600 has been adopted by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security as a voluntary consensus standard for emergency preparedness. Now you can access NFPA 1600 requirements in the palm of your hand!
Through this application NFPA 1600 is fully searchable and is equipped with active links as well as phone numbers for NFPA® and other agencies involved with emergency management programs, risk mitigation, and response. The 2010 edition includes major revisions to the listings of resources identified in the annexes.
The app contains the complete revision and reorganization of the 2010 NFPA 1600, including major changes to the technical requirements and definitions. It establishes a common set of criteria for all disaster/emergency management and business continuity programs, and provides the fundamental criteria to develop, implement, assess and maintain these programs for prevention, mitigation, preparedness, response, continuity and recovery. The chapter on Program Elements is now four separate chapters -- Planning...Implementation...Testing and Exercises...and Program Improvement.
The 2007 and 2010 editions of NFPA 1600 have been designated by DHS, to be used by accredited 3rd parties, to evaluate and certify compliance of entities under its Private Sector Preparedness (PS Prep) Program.