With interactive satellite-tracking maps, you can follow the worldwide migration of endangered sea turtles. Read up-to-the-minute sea turtle news, check out the cool turtle stuff section to connect with Sea Turtle Conservancy, and make a difference by donating with just the click of a button.
For more than 50 years, Sea Turtle Conservancy has worked to ensure the survival of sea turtles within the Caribbean, Atlantic and Pacific through research, education, training, advocacy and protection of the natural habitats upon which they depend.
Sea turtles are ancient creatures that evolved to fill very important ecological roles throughout the world’s coastal and marine ecosystems. Once abundant throughout tropical and sub-tropical seas, all seven species are now in serious peril. Faced with unprecedented mortality levels and habitat destruction, over the last century sea turtle numbers have plummeted around the world, for some species by as much as 80%. Each sea turtle species plays a unique and critical role in sustaining the health of different marine and coastal habitats. The decline of sea turtle populations has serious implications for countless marine species and the web of ocean life. Sea Turtle Conservancy works with globally-important sea turtle populations both on nesting beaches and in their marine ecosystems. Through science-based conservation, pioneering education programs and collaborative partnerships, STC is improving the chances of survival for sea turtles, which currently face a one in 1,000 chance of reaching adulthood. STC's programs and projects are geographically diverse with locations in the US, Costa Rica, Panama, Bermuda, Nevis, El Salvador and Puerto Rico. STC's research station in Tortuguero, Costa Rica, is a training ground for young biologists, hosts hands-on volunteers and is a resource for the local ecotourism-based community. In addition, STC targets educators across the world with free online resources, access to expert staff and comprehensive lessons plans developed to make sea turtle education fun and informational. Sea Turtle Conservancy's programs s have yielded much of what is now known about sea turtles and the threats they face, and the organization is applying this knowledge to carry out the world's most successful sea turtle protection and recovery programs.
Special thanks to Mark Clemons www.mclemons.com and David Harty for creating this app.
*** NOTE Only English Supported. You can switch between the command line and graphical controls using the menu item "Switch Advance/Simple Mode". English is the only language supported. If you are interested in helping translate to other languages please contact me. ***
This is a great introduction to programming for children.
You can issue commands and see the results graphically.
You can also get introduced to the concept of looping.
There is an easy mode called "Command Wizard" that can be used to build commands if typing is not your thing.
You can draw shape with simple commands like
FORWARD 100 LEFT 90
You can even loop.
REPEAT [ FORWARD 100 LEFT 90 ]
Currently the only commands supported are
PEN UP (allows you to move without drawing)
PEN DOWN (starts drawing again)
* Change line color
* Change background color
* Issue one command at a time or chain as many commands as you like.
- FORWARD 100 LEFT 90 FORWARD 60 RIGHT 30 BACK 10 LEFT 10 FORWARD 100
- REPEAT 10 [FORWARD 100 LEFT 30 FORWARD 100 RIGHT 60]
* Colors can be changed in the command line using COLOR [#RRGGBB|#AARRGGBB|red|blue|green|black|white|gray|cyan|magenta|yellow|lightgray|darkgray]
* Nested loops are now allowed.
* Color picker dialog to change foreground and background colors.
* Remember foreground and background colors.
Network state checked required when trying to use the issue command by voice feature.
Do your lovely babes/toddlers play with your phone? TOUCH any buttons, CALL your friends, send MESSAGES in cipher, and REMOVE your favorite contacts?
But don't take their pleasure away. Instead, let them satisfy their curiosity with BabyApps. They can touch pretty ICONs, CALL somebody, make a NOTE and play GAMEs and PIANO!!
BabyApps contains the followings:
✿ Flashcards: 64 Flashcards in Android style
✿ Dial-a-Phone: colorful toy phone with great sound of numbers
✿ Letter-Board: cute alphabet note with cool sounds
✿ Color Piano: Learn color names playing piano!
✿ Quizzing: 20-level quiz for your baby!!
✓ Compatible with 480x800 pixel (WVGA) resolution devices only.
More from developer
* Smart Turtle develops toddler motor skills & hand eye coordination as well fundamentally develops mental aptitude for young toddlers. Most importantly, keeps them occupied
* We started with basic shapes and colors and have had fantastic response from the public way beyond our initial expectations. After weeks of hard work and several rounds of testing we now introduce several upgrades including sections on
* animals, numbers, alphabet and vehicles, colors and shapes.
* There are 2 modes to choose from. Default is Learn Mode. * Quiz Mode can be selected from the "Settings" page.
* Quizzing engine provides multiple sensory cues for toddlers with a accompanying voice, text on the screen & of course the color or shape itself. At each right answer, toddler is rewarded with encouraging voice of "YAY". For each wrong attempt, system guides the child to the right answer. At the end of each round, toddlers are rewarded with stars to keep them engaged & encourages them to go back again to play.
* For Moms and Dads, we have included a "Use Your Voice" mode because you know your child the best - why should the child hear some random voice - Record your voice and your baby will hear your voice along with the high quality imagery from cultureapps. If you prefer - continue using voices and imagery provided by cultureapps.
Based on customer feedback we are introducing a "paid version for 99 cents" with no Ads. We think you will appreciate the value for your buck !!
If you have any recommendations - please get in touch via email firstname.lastname@example.org to make this app better. Please get in touch.
FOR THOSE UPGRADING THE NEW VERSION 2.0.2 OF THIS APP, WE SUGGEST YOU UNINSTALL THE PREVIOUS VERSION AND THEN INSTALL THE LATEST VERSION
Keywords: toddler, learn, engage, quiz, boy, girl, games, colors, shapes, alphabets, numbers, animals, vehicles, baby, kids, learn, quiz, preschool