Measure the pulse and respiration rate of yourself and others using your camera.
This app can often pick up on the subtle variations in face color caused by a heart beat. To test remote heart rate sensing from your face or others, use this app. A more reliable heart rate measurement can be made from the finger using apps such as "Instant Heart Rate".
- Steady the camera by resting it on a table (for example).
- Position your face in the top box and shoulders in the bottom box.
- Push 'Start' and keep still while the measurement is in progress.
- Your pulse and respiration rate will be displayed.
How it works:
- Movement of your chest is used to measure respiration rate.
- Small changes in reflectivity from your face are used to measure pulse. Each heart beat our faces pulsate - changing in reflectivity by about 1%, if these changes were 2% then we would be able to see them with our eyes, at 1% they are just detectable with a smartphone camera (after a few seconds of measurement).
Disclaimer: This remote sensing software is fallible and so it is not recommended for important measurements.