"Shabda"literally means "Word"in Gujarati language. So e-shabda is "Electronic Gujarati Word"... e-shabda Gujarati app enables Gujaratis around the world to stay connected with their mother-tongue in many ways.
It enables them to type using Gujarati keyboard, read Gujarati eBooks, eMagazines and other periodically updating content in a reader specifically designed for Gujarati language.
Many features and special advantages provided by eBooks were denied to Gujarati eBooks, simply because none of the readers were designed keeping Gujarati language in focus. e-Shabda Gujarati app strives to give the same eBook reading experience that is provided by the leading English eBook reader apps to the Gujarati language readers. This include:
• Beautiful Gujarati fonts for nearly "printed book" reading experience of eBooks. The same fonts are used by all Gujarati printed book publishers .
• Ability to type in Gujarati to search the content, make notes or simply write and share text in Gujarati language. The simple intuitive keypad also helps those who wish to learn to write Gujarati script.
• Dictionary look-up support using "Gujarati Lexicon Dictionary" integration. Selecting a word from the eBook and with a single click finding it's meaning in Gujarati/English, look it up on Google or Wiki.
• Integrating Audio-visual contents with texts.
• Digital Rights secured content distribution.
• Periodically changing books/magazines and subscription feature.
• Huge collection of beautifully designed eBooks authored by stalwarts of Gujarati literature.
• Blog and current events feature to give information about happening events pertaining to Gujarati literature and culture around the world.
• Making Gujarati books available instantly to the reader irrespective of the geographical location.
Keywords - Reader, Gujarati Keyboard, Gujarati Reader, Gujarati Writer, Blogs