CATCH (Common Approach to Children’s Health) is an award-winning health app for parents and carers of children aged 0-5. Commissioned by NHS and Public Health teams for a particular area, content in the app is professionally and clinically approved, so you can be sure you’re getting the right advice.
Designed with both parents and clinicians, CATCH empowers you with the knowledge to be confident in caring for your child and to decide when medical treatment is needed.
The CATCH team works with your local NHS providers to continually find and manage the most appropriate information for you and your area. Linking health guidance with suggestions of local Support Services. From breastfeeding help to toddler playgroups, you’ll easily find what’s available near you.
CATCH holds over 500 pages of information from reputable sources on many topics. As well as NHS England, NHS Scotland and Public Health England, there is also information from the Lullaby Trust, National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (NSPCC), Perinatal Positivity, Baby Sleep Information Source (BASIS), Dogs Trust, Bliss for Babies Born Premature or Sick, First Steps Nutrition, ERIC and more.
What parents tell us:
- 9 out of 10 feel more confident in caring for their children
- 9 out of 10 would recommend CATCH to friends and family
- 6 out of 10 downloaded CATCH after advice from their health professional
- Child profile - by creating a profile for your child, CATCH can send you personalised notifications, tailored to your child as they grow. CATCH also provides timely reminders about key dates, like childhood immunisations and seasonal advice.
- Data security - CATCH only asks for your child’s first name and date of birth to provide relevant, age-sensitive notifications. Your child’s information never leaves the device, so only you have access to it.
- Trusted content - the information you see in the app is checked and updated weekly and has been read and approved by local clinicians in your area to make sure it’s correct and safe.
- Emergency section - essential information on what to do in an emergency, such as burns and scalds or helping a choking child. These articles can be reviewed at any time, so you feel better prepared if urgent help is needed. The section also includes buttons to call ‘999’ and ‘111’.
- Services map - use the map to find your nearest GPs, dentists, opticians and pharmacies.
Big thanks to our friends at NHS Cheshire East CCG, NHS South Cheshire CCG, Cheshire East Council, the Innovation Agency, the NHS Innovation Accelerator and all of the midwives, nurses, health visitors, clinicians and other NHS and Public Health teams across the country who helped to make CATCH.