It allows you to perform eleven different calculations including drug doses, fluid and energy requirements and infusions. It also performs conversions of many units including temperatures and between SI units and conventional units. A full list of the features and calculators can be found here: http://vetapps.co.uk/Version_Comparison.
Where applicable Vet Calculator’s features are referenced to appropriate literature.
FREE PREVIEW - View select topics to review authoritative guidelines for the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of animal disorders and diseases.
ABOUT THE MERCK VETERINARY MANUAL
The Merck Veterinary Manual, 10th edition, is the most comprehensive mobile resource for veterinary professionals and students. Conveniently accessible on any handheld device, it contains authoritative guidelines for the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of animal disorders and diseases. More than 1,100 full-color images, audio examples, videos, and links to related information enhance the expansive coverage of companion, production, exotic, and laboratory animals. The tenth edition of The Merck Veterinary Manual is the essential app for any student or practicing veterinarian.
• 1,100+ full-color images for enhanced understanding
• Audio and video examples
• Extensive use of tables and charts
• Cross-reference links to related topics
• Diagnosis and treatment of domestic, exotic, and laboratory animals
• Universal Index Search – find topics across all indexes
• ‘Favorites’ for bookmarking important entries
• Optimized tablet interface
Editors: Susan E. Aiello, DVM, ELS; Michael A. Moses
Publisher: Merck & Co., Inc.
Powered by: Unbound Medicine
This application is brought to you totally free with the help of search monetization. I have opted to use this to be able to keep creating more free apps for you. Please note that with this app you will receive a few search points on your device, all are easily deleted or replaced. Thank you for your understanding.
- Acepromazine dilute
- Acepromazine dilute
- Acepromazine full
Includes fourteen learning modules with more than 1250 multiple choice quiz questions and flashcards. Each learning module also includes a glossary with common terms and definitions.
Module 1: Animal Medical Terminology
Module 2: Office Procedures
Module 3: Medical Abbreviations
Module 4: Anatomy
Module 5: Physiology
Module 6: Small Animal Breeds
Module 7: Large Animal Breeds
Module 8: Animal Nursing
Module 9: Avian & Exotic Medicine
Module 10: Animal Medicine & Diseases
Module 11: Lab Procedures
Module 12: Emergency Medicine
Module 13: Animal Medical Spanish Terms
Module 14: My Custom Learning
- Create your own flashcards, multiple-choice and glossary
- Send multiple-choice quiz questions to friends
- Post score for global ranking
- Keep up to date with latest news and articles with the
Veterinary news feed.
- Now with 100’s of images.
This study guide app is for people who need to develop foundation knowledge of veterinary medicine and veterinary technology; animal sciences and typical behavior characteristics of animal species; role in patient history, physical exam, and client educations. It covers veterinary terminology; animal anatomy; physiology; office business operations; and veterinary emergency care.
The Veterinary Assistant & Technician Guide app also addresses pathology; radiation and x-ray production, equipment operation and care; positioning the animal for radiography production; use of drugs in veterinary medicine; introduction to drug testing methodology and the use/handling of prescriptions; calculation of dosages and administration techniques; drug actions, interactions, and adverse reactions; animal disease diagnosis, treatment, and prevention, principles and practices of surgical nursing; pharmacology of commonly used anesthetic agents, and anesthetic emergencies.
The medicines are arranged in organized manner so as to help the vet make his search for the most appropriate drug easier.
Easyvet's comprehensive search facility helps in sorting these drugs on basis of their action on different physiological systems, genres, manufacturers and brands etc..
All manufacturers within the reach of a click - may it be the reporting of a drug's unavailability, requesting the answer to a query or registering a complaint.
EasyVet - A Vet's life has never been easier!
Now, veterinary students have a unique method of quickly accessing visual information on common fractures and appropriate fixation options.
This interactive, free companion app for the book, Fossumís Small Animal Surgery, 4e, helps veterinary students practice their orthopedic surgery skills on the go.
With the touch of a "pin", you can move from the dog skeleton to specific bone region, to fracture pattern -- helping you learn to repair and manage fractures in small animals. For each fracture, images of suggested fixations, depending on fracture assessment score, can be visualized. View the specific fracture, consider the fracture assessment score, and identify the appropriate fixation option for successful fracture management or repair.
For veterinary students who use Fossumís Small Animal Surgery, 4e, page references provide additional supportive information and procedural instructions for each fixation. However, the app is also a great study tool when used on its own or in conjunction with any other small animal surgery textbook.
Download VetHelp AM to access:
• Form of nearly 600 active ingredients for veterinary medicine
• More than 6,000 interactions between active
• Constants physiological and clinical values for 11 animal species
• 13 scientific calculators and veterinary (conversions, dosage, animal age, pregnancy, transfusion, hydration, etc.)
• Complete Handbook on Agrovet Market Animal Health
Keywords: Vethelp, agrovet market, veterinarian, animal health, pharmacology, veterinary medicine, animal production
The program is available in 7 languages: English, Russian, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese.
The database is centralized. You can access the database from any device, entering your username and password. No need to make a copy of the data, all the information is automatically stored in a centralized copy of Backup. The possibility to share information with colleagues, so that all the necessary information about the patient will be at your fingertips.
Key features of the app VET PRO:
✪ Calendar of examinations - all scheduled examinations are in an easy-to-use calendar.
✪ Plan of examinations for today - click on the desired day in the calendar, you will see a list of examinations for the day.
✪ List of Patients can be sorted by owner’s name, pet’s name or the patient’s entry date. You can make quick search for the right patient.
✪ Medical card of the patient with all the information at your fingertips.
✪ You can quickly create and fill in a medical card, add vaccines, antiparasitic treatments, examinations and inspections.
✪ List completed and upcoming treatments.
✪ Table of vaccines and anti-parasitic treatments for dogs and cats are already prepared, so you can quickly select the necessary one.
✪ Possibility to add necessary comments or notes to the patient’s medical card.
✪ Possibility of audio input of the comments and notes, saves your time.
✪ SMS notification – reminder for the owner about the planned visit to the vet.
Within 60 days, you can make free use of all the benefits of the program VET PRO: enter your patients into a database, organize the list of patients in a convenient way, schedule examinations and inspections in the easy-to-use calendar, and many other things.. After 60 days you can decide whether you want to continue to use program or not. All data and information about your patients will be saved.
Recommended: Internet (Wi-Fi - 3G / 4G) and a device with a screen of 5 "or more.
By downloading A Vet Tool you are getting five fully featured applications. The five applications are accessible through an easy to use tab based interface.
- The first application is a complete small animal (cat and dog) drug formulary with over 650 drugs. The drugs can be accessed quickly with the android fast scroll or by using the search function. Each drugs lists the indications and appropriate drug dosages in a format perfectly suited for the Android Platform. When compared to the price of a printed pocket formulary this function alone makes A Vet Tool a great value!
- The second application contains common blood value lab results for birds, cats, cattle, dogs, ferrets, guinea pigs, horses, and turtles.
- The third application is a collection of x-ray comparisons such as a good knee versus an OA knee.
- The fourth application contains nine calculators:
• Math calculator with memory function, the memory is saved even when the app is exited.
• Conversion calculator that performs common conversions that a veterinary professional must do on a daily basis. It includes weight units (Kg, gram, mg, μg, ounce, lb), liquid units (Liter, dL, mL, ounce, tsp, tbsp, cc) and temperature units (Fahrenheit, Celsius, Kelvin).
• Age calculator which takes a birth date as the input and outputs the age in years, months, weeks, and days.
• Gestation calculator which can calculate the estimated birth date of several different species.
• Fluid rate calculator which can calculate the ml/hour for fluids.
• Dosage calculator to calculate how much mg of a drug should be given based on the patient's weight.
• Body surface area calculator for dogs and cats.
• Energy Requirements calculator for dogs and cats.
• Transfusion calculator to determine the volume of donor blood needed
- The fifth application is a great notepad. Notes can be added, deleted, and edited at any time.
A Vet Tool was created with the assistance of several veterinary professionals and will provide anyone in the veterinary field or interested in the veterinary field a great value for their Android Device.
The app is recommended by Hundkatzemaus (VOX), ReiterRevue, HundeReporter.
Daily we suggest, editorially check and register new veterinarians for around the world.
VetFinder is free for all users.
Questions, comments and suggestions are always appreciated:
Find veterinarians in your direct area, or save your personal veterinarians as a favourite.
VetFinder informs you when opening hours have changed, when your veterinarian is not available or when he has expanded his services.
You can add personal notes to your favourite veterinarians.
Use the unique offline function, f.e.: Find veterinarians at your holiday destination and save them. You can use the stored information offline and when your connect to the internet, the information will be updated automatically.
Use one of the many useful search filters in VetFinder:
- Search veterinarians who currently have emergency service or emergency preparedness *
- Search veterinarians who have open office hours *
- Search veterinarians specifically for dogs, cats, horses, birds, reptiles, amphibians, fish or livestock
- Find wheelchair friendly accessible veterinary practices or clinics (similar to Wheelmap)
- Search for mobile veterinarians or veterinarians that offer home visits
- Search veterinarians that offer special services - Search for veterinarians that speak a specific language - Search for veterinarians per payment method (cash, bankcard or creditcard)
Are you a veterinarian?
A complete entry in VetFinder costs EUR 3 per month (plus VAT) exclusive the emergency option. You can add or change your information through the app, our website or by fax.
* Veterinarians must have specified their office hours and emergency preparedness.
It calculates the estimated energy density of dog or cat food from its proximate analysis.
- You enter the diet proximate analysis.
- You obtain the metabolizable energy density estimated according to the NRC 2006* equation (crude fibre and total dietary fibre, cat or dog), the Atwater and the modified Atwater equations as well as the gross energy.
- You obtain the relative contribution of macronutrients to the calories (% of metabolizable energy) based on the modified Atwater equation.
- You select one energy density and you obtain the amount/energy ratio of the main nutrients (mg/Mcal or mg/MJ).
*National Research Council. Nutrient Requirements of Dogs and Cats. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2006.
This application, designed by a veterinary medicine specialist, will assist both students and practitioners to rapidly calculate fluid therapy requirements and common drug dose volumes for the adult horse. Based on user input of patient body weight and other variables, fluid requirements can be obtained for maintenance, deficits and losses. In addition, calculations can be made for fluid rates (l/hr, drops/sec) and other fluids such as plasma and whole blood. Additional sections are included for other additives such as bicarbonate, potassium and practical composition of oral / enteral fluids.
Although designed specifically for horses, the calculations for most sections can be used for small animals. User data input for small animal weights will provide accurate data for these species, with maintenance fluid requirements set at 60ml/kg/day.
The Equine Fluid Therapy Plus App has expanded sections to include commonly used CRIs and drug volume calculations for antibiotics, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, sedatives and field anaesthesia.
Knowledge of constraints and limitations is essential for the proper use of this application. Individual judgement is involved in entering data, interpreting outputs and assessing suitability of the information provided. Every attempt has been made to ensure the accuracy of the software and its calculations. However, the user is solely responsible for the risk of use.
INFORMATION FOR PC USE: Equine Fluid Therapy can now be used on your PC. Go to www.VetProOnline.com and select the "Online Apps" menu option. The majority of calculations are available on this page.
Alternatively, for the full version, go to www.bluestacks.com and download and install the free program BlueStacks. Once opened, go to the settings (bottom right corner) and add you Google Play Account details. The BlueStacks program will now sync all your previously purchased Apps onto your PC for use through this program. Instructions with screen snapshots will soon be added to the www.VetProOnline.com website if you need further instructions.
Breaking News! Equine Fluid Therapy App is the recipient of the inaugural 2013 Australian Equine Veterinary Association Innovation Award. Due to the generosity and financial support of the Australian Veterinary Association with this new award recognising innovation, it is now possible to make this App free for all. For those people who have supported the App with past purchase, the developer is in the process of refunding the purchase price via Google Merchant. Thanks for all your support!