Droid Dashboard is a speedometer application that uses you're phone's internal GPS module to calculate your current speed and display it with large, easy to read, LCD-like fonts. It will also display your total travel time, your average speed, maximum reached speed, your heading and elevation, a nice compass and forward and lateral accelerations.
- High accuracy. The speed calculated based on GPS data is more accurate than the one displayed by your car's speedometer
- It supports both imperial and metric units
- It can record your path, speed, distance, and elevation and save them in a KML file (for Google Earth) - just press "Menu", select "Settings" and "Record track".
- It can work in the background, so it can record your movement and speed even while you're talking on the phone. This means that if you really want to exit the application, you have to press "Menu" and select "Exit".
It requires the following permissions:
- WAKE_LOCK in order to prevent the screen from turning off
- ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION (GPS based location) for reading GPS data
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE in order to save the KML file
- INTERNET in order to display ads
Please note that while I've tested the application on several Android devices, there are way to many different Android devices to guarantee that it will work just fine on all of them, so if you encounter a problem with the application, just drop me an email with your phone model and a short description of your problem; I will do my best to fix it ASAP.