Learn to Dance in Augmented Reality.
Dance Reality uses your Android device's latest augmented reality technology (ARCore) to place footprints onto the floor in front of you. You look through your phone to step on the footprints, then you follow the animation to practice common dance patterns. The app is not intended to be a substitute for in-person dance instruction, but it will get you started, and help you practice steps and rhythm anywhere, anytime. Practice makes perfect!
• Virtual instructors appear directly in your environment to teach you entire lessons
(available for some dances)
• Adaptive learning automatically adjusts the difficulty of the class based on your feedback.
• Animated footprints help you step in the right spot at the right time
• Control the speed to learn at your own pace
• Counting voice-over helps you stay on the beat
• Music for each style so you can practice to the beat
• Choose between Follow and Lead steps
• Solo and Couple practice
• Instructional videos from professional dancers
• A variety of dance styles to choose from (salsa, bachata, waltz, hip-hop...)
In the news
“a brilliant new way to teach people to dance” – Upload VR
“Pretty solid” – The Verge
“helps users get their footwork down” – GeekWire