'Blue Mountains - Let'sGoToAU' app is a self-drive trip based on our personal extensive travel experience around Australia. It has been tested many times to ensure that we recommend the best places to explore, where the roads are good and there's scenery to match. It follows a route that we’ve loved and offers a novel way to explore this popular destination.
Blue Mountains National Park is known for its remarkable geographic, botanic and cultural values, including protecting sites of Aboriginal cultural significance. The views from the park’s lookouts are magnificent; you’ll look out over hazy blue forests, waterfalls and rock formations. Explore the park’s heritage tracks and lookouts, many of which were created for Victorian-era honeymooners and day-trippers. There are also great opportunities for adventure sports - challenging rock climbing spots, great canyons and mountain biking.
Keep in mind that you could easily spend a week taking in all the lovely short walks the Blue Mountains has to offer, and still only scratch the surface. There is something for everyone, from flat walks beside rivers to vertiginous scrambles up high mountain peaks. Katoomba / Leura make a perfect jumping off base, with all sorts of accommodation available.
Enjoy the remarkable Blue Mountains National Park and we are sure you will remember your trip as a true highlight of your Australian holiday!
No more reading, asking for recommendations and evaluation of different tour guides. All you have to do is to download this app, arrange the accommodation as per our recommendations, collect your car and go!
FEATURES / WHAT IS INSIDE?
* detailed self-drive trip based on real experience
* every point of interest has a photo, detailed information and coordinates
* additional materials such as trails maps, hints and tips are included
* trip can be easily adjusted if you have kids / love hiking / have some special needs / etc. -- just read our recommendations inside the route!
* works offline
* This app is a self-drive trip. In order to use it, install the base app first. The base app is free.
* This app is NOT a navigation app. Every point of interest that we refer to has its coordinates. To get a route to the point, simply use Google Maps (if there is a network coverage) or install any offline navigator (e.g. Maps.Me) and let it navigate you!
* Please also note that we are NOT a tour operator. We are not getting any commissions for places that we recommend to visit -- all recommendations are based on our extensive travel experience only.
* All our trips were created keeping in mind that you are a very busy person who probably has only 1-2 weeks to explore Australia. That is why our trips are short (from 1 to 7 days) and have only the best points of interest, ‘must-visit’ places plus some hidden gems to make your trip unique. Break them down or combine them to match your time-frame, arrival point and list of ‘must-see’ destinations. Weave between city, coast and wilderness or combine the Red Centre with the Daintree Rainforest and Great Barrier Reef. Australia is a vast country, but with planning you can cover a diversity of landscapes in just a few weeks. See all our routes here
QUESTIONS? We are constantly working on the app, so any feedback or bug reports are welcome!