Discover the Australian outback and the world-renowned landmarks of Uluru (Ayers Rock), Kata Tjuta (The Olgas) and Watarrka National Park (Kings Canyon) on a three or five day adventure drive. 'Uluru - Let'sGoToAU' app is a self-drive trip based on our personal extensive travel experience around Australia
. It has been tested many times to ensure that we recommend the best places to explore, where the roads are good and there's scenery to match. It follows a route that we’ve loved and offers a novel way to explore this popular destination.
This self-driving route starts and finishes at Uluru (Ayers Rock), as all major australian airlines (Qantas/JetStar/Virgin) have direct flights from Sydney/Melbourne/Cairns to Uluru (Ayers Rock) and back. Moreover, our recommendations are adjusted to the flights timetable, so the Day 1 itinerary starts at 2pm, and Day 3 ends at 11am to make sure that you'll not waste any minute of your holiday. For those who have more time, we created an extended version of the route, check Day 4 for more details.
The best time to visit Australia’s Red Centre is between May and September, when the weather is cooler. In summer (Dec - Feb) the weather is extremely warm, with temperatures often over 36C degrees. We strongly recommend people who come to the park during this period walk only in the early morning before 11.00am and carry plenty of water with them. The itinerary of this self-driving route is adjusted for visit during winter (June-July), but can be easily adjusted to other seasons as well - read our recommendations through this app.
All roads that we refer to are sealed and 2WD accessible (you don't need a 4WD car to visit Uluru / Kata Tjuta / Kings Canyon) if you follow our recommendations. No more reading, asking for recommendations and evaluation of different tour guides. All you have to do is to download this app, arrange the accommodation as per our recommendations, collect your car and go! FEATURES / WHAT IS INSIDE?
- * detailed self-drive trip based on real experience
- * every point of interest has a photo, detailed information and coordinates
- * additional materials such as trails maps, hints and tips are included
- * trip can be easily adjusted if you have kids / love hiking / have some special needs / etc. -- just read our recommendations inside the route!
- * works offline
- * This app is a self-drive trip. In order to use it, install the base app first. The base app is free.
- * This app is NOT a navigation app. Every point of interest that we refer to has its coordinates. To get a route to the point, simply use Google Maps (if there is a network coverage) or install any offline navigator (e.g. Maps.Me) and let it navigate you!
- * Please also note that we are NOT a tour operator. We are not getting any commissions for places that we recommend to visit -- all recommendations are based on our extensive travel experience only.
- * All our trips were created keeping in mind that you are a very busy person who probably has only 1-2 weeks to explore Australia. That is why our trips are short (from 1 to 7 days) and have only the best points of interest, ‘must-visit’ places plus some hidden gems to make your trip unique. Break them down or combine them to match your time-frame, arrival point and list of ‘must-see’ destinations. Weave between city, coast and wilderness or combine the Red Centre with the Daintree Rainforest and Great Barrier Reef. Australia is a vast country, but with planning you can cover a diversity of landscapes in just a few weeks.
See all our routes here
We are constantly working on the app, so any feedback or bug reports are welcome!