* This is a WIDGET, you can't find it in the App list, but in the Widget list. To add it to your home screen, push "Menu" button on home screen, select "Add"->"Widgets"->"DataSwitch".
* For Android 4.0: Android 4.0 has a bug, Widgets sometimes don't appear in the widget list after installation, in that case, reboot your phone, then you will find it in the widget list.
toggle the mobile data network (3g APN) with a single touch on the screen, saving the time consuming you reach this functionality through the Android menu.
This widget is free and ad-free. We invite you to install it and enjoy!
With this widget you can
- Activate the 3G
- Disable 3G.
- Enable / disable (on / off) mobile data network with a single touch on the screen;
- The dynamic widget icon dropping down you know whether you are connected or disconnected.
- 3g widget
- 3g On Off
- data on off
- data enabler
If you have any suggestions, comments please send an email to our address developer.
Does not work on the device with two SIM cards.
Keywords: mobile data internet enable disable on off 3g 2g gprs edge auto automatically fast quick quickly scheduler tasks remote widget icons toggle
Smart Data Switch (SDS) allows sophisticated switching data or wi-fi on/off based on few pretty nice triggers. If you are looking for only basic widget data on/off you do not need this app.
Application consists of 4 parts:
SDS Settings – app for configuration
SDS Switch – widget for switching data on/off
SDS Start – widget for start/stop automatically switching
SDS APN Check – widget for opening APN settings, for some Androids it shows current APN NAME!
* switch data on/off manually from widget
* switch data on/off automatically according timers
* switch data off when screen is locked or turned off
* delicate switch Off if data stream continues
* Network speed monitor
* switch data off when wifi is connected
* switch data off in night time
* 5! shortcuts for notification bar
To be synchronized and save battery power set 1 min interval for "switch ON“ timer and 10 min interval for "switch OFF" timer.
To finish download/upload and then switch data Off use feature which wait for last-bytes of data stream.
App works also like battery defender when wifi preferred//night mode options are used.
With this app you can have all data-consuming apps. synchronized without manual switching data on/off and at the same time have the data most of the time Off = save battery.
[data, switch, battery, 2G, 3G, LTE, automaticall, speed, monitor, smart, wifi, wi-fi, widget, time, apn, network]
Keep 3G Switch on your screen and don't forget to recommend to your friends.
Your valuable comments are always welcome.
This uses a direct method of turning data on/off and does not change the APN settings.
Works with Android 2.1 (Eclair), 2.2 (Froyo), 2.3 (Gingerbread)+.
* Be aware that if you used another app that changes the APN to turn off data, you will need to use the same app to turn it back on.
* In Android 2.1 & 2.2, if you're currently connected via WiFi, it may detect the mobile data as disabled.
Data ON-OFF is FREE and ADS-FREE, but if you like it, please click "LIKE" on http://www.facebook.com/miabit.it
1) ICS users (Android 4) must add the widget as explained in this guide: http://support.google.com/ics/nexus/bin/answer.py?hl=en&hlrm=it&answer=1628154
2) widgets installed on external memory (SD card) could not work properly.
- enable/disable (switch on/off) data with a single click;
- 3 widget icon styles;
- (optional) notifications when data setting changes (not by Data ON-OFF);
- (optional) automatically restore user configuration when it's changed;
- (optional) auto disable mobile data when battery level is lower than a custom value;
- (optional) event monitor and logging (about data config).
- Access Network State
- Change Network State
- if the mobile data setting changes (not changed by Data ON-OFF) when the phone is connected to a WiFi network, Data ON-OFF ignores the change and does not update the widget icon. This is an implementation choice, that saves some memory RAM.
- Data ON-OFF has been written in the University of Pisa, Italy.
Please report any bugs or suggestions (email@example.com)
BY DOWNLOADING AND INSTALLING THIS SOFTWARE YOU ACCEPT THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BELOW:
a. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE APPLICATION IS AT YOUR SOLE DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT THE APPLICATION IS PROVIDED AS IS AND AS AVAILABLE WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
b. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR MOBILE DEVICE, OR OTHER DEVICE, OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM SUCH USE.
c. THE APPLICATION IS NOT INTENDED FOR USE IN THE OPERATION OF NUCLEAR FACILITIES, LIFE SUPPORT SYSTEMS, EMERGENCY COMMUNICATIONS, AIRCRAFT NAVIGATION OR COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS, AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL SYSTEMS, OR ANY OTHER ACTIVITIES IN WHICH THE FAILURE OF THE APPLICATION COULD LEAD TO DEATH, PERSONAL INJURY, OR SEVERE PHYSICAL OR ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE.
Disable data (3G...) when you don't need it : INCREASE YOUR BATTERY LIFE ! :)
Mobile phones usually come with toggle widgets for Wifi, GPS, Bluetooth, etc., but rarely with the mobile DATA toggler. Here it is!
*This app is a WIDGET. Just place it on your home screen and it is ready to use. (Make sure you add the Widget, not the shortcut for the widget settings app)
*The widget comes with a "settings" app. For now, you can simply choose whether or not it should display a short message when mobile data is enabled/disabled by this or any other app.
**Please report any bugs or issues by email (don't forget to mention your phone model and android version)**
**If you like it, rate it! ;)**
Keywords: widget toggle enable disable mobile data on off 2g 3g edge internet connection quick fast easy one click battery saver
App provides tailored timer based APN and DATA switching. To have synchronized emails and apps and save battery power set 1 min for Apn duration timer and 10 min for Data off duration timer.
APN switching and Data toggle can be done much easier than you can ever imagine.
Configuration and features
* APN Switch, Data Switch
* Icon color customization
* Icon font customization
* Displaying icons title on/off
* Displaying notification on/off
* Timer based APN rotation
* Timer based Data switch
* Screen state based Apn/Data rotation
* apn/data switching from notifcation bar
* Night mode
Package contains 4 parts
* Switch Apn is widget for switching APN
* Switch Data is widget for switching Data
* Switch Rotation is trial widget for start/stop rotations (see screenshots)
* Settings is app for configuration
Keywords: apn data switch battery saver internet toggle access point name widget krcsky les
Select from several included icons or use any image from your SDCARD (widget & notification only).
You can also change the notification text and turn the notification on or off.
SUPPORT/HELP: Instead of using the review and rating system, please email us or use the in app contact feature if you have any questions, problems, or concerns
WIDGET MISSING?: After the app is first installed, restart your phone, & a widget will appear in your add menu
REFUNDS: We're happy to refund the Pro or Smart versions for any reason. Simply send us an email including either a.) your order number or b.) your City/State, Zip/Post code, and Country. Refunds will typically be processed within 48 hours, and could take longer to post to your account depending on your financial institution.
It should work on all current Android releases (tested on 1.6 - 4.0), but may fail on some system images due to vendor specific changes.
The Sourcecode can be found at https://github.com/adrian-bl/APN-Switch
If you like APN-Switch, please donate some money by installing my Donate App :-)
Place the devices close together(within 20cm), open the application in both phones and tap Connect button on only one of the devices. You can instantly transfer your personal data between GALAXY phones.
This application uses high frequency audio to establish a connection between devices.
You may not be able to connect if the application is not open or the button is not tapped on one of the devices, or if a pair of earphones or a Bluetooth headset is connected to the device.
If you are looking to switch from a non-Samsung device to a supported Samsung device, please use the "Smart Switch PC" that is PC software.
For more information, go to "http://www.samsung.com/smartswitch".
- Supported GALAXY Devices :
Hardware : Galaxy S2, S2-HD, S3, S3-mini, S4, S4-mini, S4-Zoom, S4-Active, Galaxy Win, R style, Premier, Grand, Express, Express2, Mega, Round, Golden, ACE3, Galaxy Note 1, Note 2, Note 3, Note 8.0, Note 10.1, Galaxy Tab 3(7`,8`,10`), Galaxy Tab 2(10`)
Software : upper Android OS ICS(4.0)
(For Galaxy S2, old OS(GB/ICS) version can causes incompatibility. If your S2 does not work properly, please try after firmware update.)
- Supported Data :
Contact, Schedule, Memo, Message, Photo, Music, Video, Document, App List, Wallpaper, S-Health, Story album, Lock screen, Call logs, WiFi Setting, Alarm
( "Wallpaper,S-Health,Story album,Lock screen,Call logs,Alarm,WiFi setting" are available with OS JellyBeanPlus(4.2) and over. )
Home screen Setting - This feature is available between Note 3 devices.
Document type - DOC, DOCX, PPT, PPTX, XLS, XLSX, PDF, HWP, GUL
Contact - Ringtone, Message alert, Vibration pattern
Schedule - Sticker, S-Memo, Image, Alarm, Group
: MMS cannot be transferred depending on devices.
: Local Data Only
(Google & Samsung Account data cannot be transferred.)
In 4x1 style, up to 12 toggles and 2 controls are supported. Compare to other switch widgets, you can just simply drag the toggles to change their positions in the widget.
Moreover, Notification widget is available now! You can turn on/off the functions in common use anywhere.
Like other GOWidgets, theme is also supported.
To make it work, you must install the latest version of GO Launcher EX which is the most popular home launcher app in Android Market.
☆ Available Size:
Some toggles may be out of work after your GO Switch Widget is upgraded. Please refer to the instruction below to figure them out.
For the WiFi toggle (the instruction may be varied a little in different phones)
Settings -> Wireless and network -> Wi-Fi settings -> Unselect “WiFi” -> Then try the WiFi toggle in the widget to open the WiFi network.
For the Bluetooth toggle (the instruction may be varied a little in different phones)
Settings -> Wireless and network -> Bluetooth settings -> Unselect “Bluetooth” -> Then try the Bluetooth toggle in the widget to open the Bluetooth function.
For the screen lock toggle (the instruction may be varied a little in different phones)
Settings -> Location and security -> Select device administrators -> Unselect “GO Switch Widget” -> Then try the “screen lock” toggle in the widget to lock the screen.
- Wifi, Ringer, Brightness, Bluetooth, MobileNetwork, GPS, Auto-sync, Airplane mode, Auto-rotate, Vibrate, ScreenTimeout, Lock screen, Ringer volume, Media volume
- Toggle position modification
How to add GOWidgets to your home screen?
- Long press on your home screen in GO Launcher EX. Press the GOWidget option and choose the widget you like. Make sure you have enough room for the widget.
More from developer
With a simple SMS you can turn on/off (*) the localizator, that using GPS and WiFi can send the current device position to a predefined phone number and/or to a predefined e-mail address.
Moreover you can monitor the SIM card changes, that will be sent to the above contacts.
Last functionality is the ringing alarm that notifies to the owner a possible threat using accelerometer and proximity sensor changes.
*** MAIN FEATURES ***
- device tracking.
- remote control (via SMS).
- it provide the following info: latitude, longitude, cell id and lac, and lastly a link to view the position on the dynamic Google Map.
- SIM card changes control: send the SIM id and remember you the IMEI of your device, useful information that you can provide to the police (with the SMS notification you can know also the phone number).
- ringing alarm that detect moves.
- remote control of the ringtone volume.
- tracking (using GPS and WiFi).
*** SMS COMMANDS AND USE ***
For positioning, send SMS message with contents:
- "your_password #ON": to enable position monitoring.
- "your_password #OFF": to disable position monitoring.
- "your_password #ping": to request just one position to your device.
- "your_password #maxtone": to the ringtone volume to the maximum value.
- "your_password #mintone": to the ringtone volume to the minimum value.
(substitute "your_password" with the password that you use to access to this app)
You can start the tracking also using the graphic interface, through the button 'Tracking'.
In order to use the ringing alarm, you can check 'Anti-theft': your device will activate the guard after the screen off and will deactivate the guard after the screen on.
If you also want to protect the muting, check 'Protected mute': your device will deactivate the guard only opening the app and inserting the password.
*** LANGUAGE ***
After installation you will find the app in English. If you want to change the language, you can go in the menu' and choose 'Language', then a list of possible language will appear.
*** WARRANTY AND RESPONSIBILITY ***
This application is provided to you as is without any warranty.
Although the authors have attempted to find and correct any bugs in the application, the authors are not responsible for any damage or losses of any kind caused by the use or misuse of the application.
*** COMMENTS ***
If you detect any problem, please don't leave a bad comment, but describe the problem at "firstname.lastname@example.org", and we fix the problem as soon as possible.
Thank you in advance.