Data Usage monitors cellular (3G/4G/LTE/Edge/GPRS) and Wi-Fi data usage real time from your device.
Set data quota and billing cycle information and let Data Usage worry about making sure you don’t pay for overages again.
MEDIA IS RAVING ABOUT IT..
Featured utility on CNET.COM ...
"If your data charges are the thorn in your bill, an app like Data Usage could be really useful. It’s very accurate,.." - AFR.COM
App runs in background and shows real-time usage information as a widget on your home screen.
With this most precise tool, you are always in control of data plan limit and save hundreds or thousands on data overages!
Cool feature competitors don't have:
BILLING PERIODS & SETUP:
✔ monthly, weekly and daily quota limits
✔ flexible billing period, pre-paid billing, yearly billing, roaming usage etc.
✔ separate cellular and Wi-Fi billing cycle and quota settings
✔ auto reset on billing period end
✔ simple setup – just enter billing period and quota
✔ reads data usage from device no carrier login needed
✔ works with ANY phone carrier around the world including but not limited to Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint, O2, Vodafone, Orange, Movistar, Three (3), Bell, Rogers, Claro, Telus, Virgin and Optus**
✔ monitor used % of quota and actual usage on widget without ever opening app again
✔ customize progress bar, data unit and launch settings
✔ progress bar turns yellow indicating caution on crossing ideal usage
✔ strikingly unique user interface and awesome icon
✔ billing period data usage and ideal usage on same progress bar
✔ predictive data usage analysis – estimates likely billing cycle usage based on current usage
✔ shows remaining days, quota and quota per day in easy to read format
✔ calculates ideal daily usage based on current consumption
BACKGROUND MONITORING & ALERTS:
✔ continuous background data usage monitoring
✔ real-time customizable alerts on exceeding certain usage
HISTORY & CHARTS:
✔ History of data usage by billing cycle with daily detail
✔ Chart visualization for daily usage and billing cycle usage
HELP & SUPPORT:
✔ email support from within app
✔ full user help included with app
** Android 2.2+ phones that supports retrieving network stats. This program has been tested on some of the major phones only. not all phones are supported.
This app features most advanced data usage tracking engine, which is more precise than any other app out there.
This is the only app that constantly monitors your usage and ideal usage on same progress bar.
For example, if you have 200 MB monthly plan, on 15th day of billing cycle, your ideal usage would be 100 MB. If you are going over ideal usage at any given point in your billing cycle, by default, progress bar will turn yellow.
This unique feature ensures that you evenly spread your usage and you are not left with little quota towards end of billing cycle.
NOTE: PLEASE INSTALL THIS APP ON DEVICE MEMORY. SD CARD INSTALLATION IS NOT SUPPORTED
Data ON-OFF is FREE and ADS-FREE, but if you like it, please click "LIKE" on http://www.facebook.com/miabit.it
1) ICS users (Android 4) must add the widget as explained in this guide: http://support.google.com/ics/nexus/bin/answer.py?hl=en&hlrm=it&answer=1628154
2) widgets installed on external memory (SD card) could not work properly.
- enable/disable (switch on/off) data with a single click;
- 3 widget icon styles;
- (optional) notifications when data setting changes (not by Data ON-OFF);
- (optional) automatically restore user configuration when it's changed;
- (optional) auto disable mobile data when battery level is lower than a custom value;
- (optional) event monitor and logging (about data config).
- Access Network State
- Change Network State
- if the mobile data setting changes (not changed by Data ON-OFF) when the phone is connected to a WiFi network, Data ON-OFF ignores the change and does not update the widget icon. This is an implementation choice, that saves some memory RAM.
- Data ON-OFF has been written in the University of Pisa, Italy.
Please report any bugs or suggestions (email@example.com)
BY DOWNLOADING AND INSTALLING THIS SOFTWARE YOU ACCEPT THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BELOW:
a. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE APPLICATION IS AT YOUR SOLE DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT THE APPLICATION IS PROVIDED AS IS AND AS AVAILABLE WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
b. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR MOBILE DEVICE, OR OTHER DEVICE, OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM SUCH USE.
c. THE APPLICATION IS NOT INTENDED FOR USE IN THE OPERATION OF NUCLEAR FACILITIES, LIFE SUPPORT SYSTEMS, EMERGENCY COMMUNICATIONS, AIRCRAFT NAVIGATION OR COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS, AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL SYSTEMS, OR ANY OTHER ACTIVITIES IN WHICH THE FAILURE OF THE APPLICATION COULD LEAD TO DEATH, PERSONAL INJURY, OR SEVERE PHYSICAL OR ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE.
Danish, Dutch, English, German, Norwegian, Russian, Spanish and Swedish translation available.
Discreet and simple widget that can be placed on your home screen to keep an eye on your network usage. Shows wifi / wlan and 4g / lte / 3g / gprs traffic. Similar to NetCounter and 3G Watchdog.
Try out the new quota in the pro version. :)
You can customize the user interface and configure widgets individually - just take a look at the screenshots.
Please report any bugs. :)
Pro version features:
- Turn off display of cell/wifi/tethering individually
- More background colours
- More font colours
- Custom hex font colour
- Inaccuracy/no data reported on different Samsung devices running Honeycomb and Gingerbread - seems to affect other data counting applications as well
- Custom day of month problem: Please upgrade to version 1.5.8. The problem should go away. :)
1. Data traffic monitor: check the data traffic of 2G/3G and Wi-Fi. It can also provide data traffic warning function which will warn you on notification bar when the data traffic is close to the value you set.
2. View detail: you can view data traffic that any single app occupies, and you can also stop the running of data-guzzling apps to cut down your data traffic.
3. Instantaneous data traffic: view the instantaneous data traffic of upload and download.
Avast "Moghav-A [Trj] (trojan)" has been detected (June 2, 2012)
It was false detection of that AdLantis Android SDK adlantis.jar is virus.
There was an authoritative answer from AVAST Software, which is the developer of avast! Mobile Security.
AVAST Software updated for their system at about 3 am June 22, 2012 (Japan time),The fix has been completed.
Also, To check fixing this problem, please update avast! Mobile Security with the latest version of the date of June 22.
* This is a WIDGET, you can't find it in the App list, but in the Widget list. To add it to your home screen, push "Menu" button on home screen, select "Add"->"Widgets"->"DataSwitch".
* For Android 4.0: Android 4.0 has a bug, Widgets sometimes don't appear in the widget list after installation, in that case, reboot your phone, then you will find it in the widget list.
Analyze WiFi networks around you!
Presentation of all data from your WiFi device.
Wireless network analyze
Diagnose connection status and signal strength
Wifi signal quality check
Scanning wifi networks
Wifi connection manager
Splendid UI consistent with Android Holo theme
You will never need other WiFi manager app!
App is divided into four tabs:
1) Connection tab – info about current connection, net and access point you are conected to. All important informations like SSID, BSSID, MAC, speed or lease duration are available, Your IP address, netmask and net gateway with dns adresses.
2) Acces points list tab – list of all visible network access points to your device. Every row describes one network with its name, channel, security and signal strength. You can sort this list by every attribute and discover networks around you!
3) Channels tab – graph presentation of visible networks with parabola shape depending on signal strength and channel on which network is working.
4) Signal tab – graph of time-dependent net signal strength. Small list showing every visible net. You can select most important network from list and watch how it's signal strength is changing in time.
Application offers also:
- analyzing networks around you
- sharing every tab and every info with your friends!
- copying connection info to clipboard
- turning WiFi on/off
- turning WiFi on application start
- turning WiFi on application stop
- and much more...!
Also includes activities for use in conjunction with Locale, Setting profiles or any app that support shortcuts t activities.
* In legacy mode, the app modifies the APN settings.
* I recommend to set 3G availability to true (with the app) before uninstall, to avoid problems.
* Grayed options are only available for donators. For donate, please open the app, then click "Unlock features"...
* If the connection/disconnection takes a few seconds is due to the Android connections management.
* If you have problems, please: CONTACT WITH ME. I CAN SOLVE IT!!!
PLEASE, DON'T RATE WITH ONE STAR BEFORE CONTACT WITH ME TO REPORT A ERROR. IF RATE AND NO EXPLAIN A ERROR OR ISSUE IN A EMAIL, IS NOT POSSIBLE TO ME TO REPAIR. ALSO. A "don't works, is useless" RATE IS NOT USEFUL FOR THE REST OF USERS OR FOR THE DEVELOPERS.
Be comprehensive, this is a hobby:)
* Application UN-Install Protection,
* Application Password Recovery.
* Turn On/off the app is useful for multiple SIM Card Users.
* Data Protected in this application.
Steps to proceed with Application UI:
* Step 1: Install Mobile Tracker from Google Play.
* Step 2: Set Up Password for your secure access.
* Step 3: Pick 4 Contacts and click save to store those contact numbers inside this app.
* Step 4: Go to Options and clicks uninstall security and activate it for uninstall protection.
How it works?
After mobile phone get stolen/lost, and when the new SIM card is inserted in the mobile, this app begins and automatically sends SMS from the SIM card which is inserted. Once the SMS is received, you can make a complaint on that number you received SMS from and track your mobile.
* This Application read the contacts and save into the private SharedPreferences, Which makes the user to pick the individual contact to store in the application and to find the contact numbers(Which is visible) when user get in to this app. This Application won’t use the contacts for any other purposes.
* This Application uses permission to send SMS from the application automatically when SIM change and for password recovery. SMS send by the application when SIM change /at password recovery, will cost you money as per SIM card network plan.
- View data usage per process
- View WIFI data usage and also mobile data usage
- Foreground data usage
- Background data usage
- Delta data usage between 2 check points
- Quota (see screenshot)
- Choose which network interfaces to display (cell, wifi, tethering)
- More background colours
- More font colours
- Custom hex font colour
Is Data counter widget your favourite net counter and watchdog? Do you enjoy having control of your data traffic usage? Please donate a few dollars by buying this app. :-)
If you want to you can also donate using PayPal.
- Find out which apps are using the most data
- Track current data usage and estimate usage over time
- Easy-to-understand views of daily and monthly data activities
- Integrated cell and wi-fi speed tests and wi-fi hotspot locator
- Supports Android smartphones and tablets
***** “Very nice interface, easy to use and track data usage.”
***** “Useful and looks great.”
***** “Great app! I highly recommend it.”
- Data usage monitoring for Android smartphones and tablets, from version 2.2 to 4.1 (Jelly Bean) and Nexus 7
- Test download, upload, and ping speeds for both wi-fi and cell connections
- Find nearby Google Places hotspots where other users have tested wi-fi speeds
- Visit the Cisco Data Meter website to view aggregated global and regional mobile data usage metrics (http://www.ciscovni.com/data-meter)
- Compare your data usage to other Data Meter users from around the world
- No continuous foreground service; the service only runs briefly on a connection state change so Data Meter consumes less battery life
Keywords: data counter, data monitor, data tracker, data manager, data traffic, smartphone usage, tablet usage, mobile Internet, network traffic
The application allows you to:
- Show the detailed consumption by application in 3 modes : 3G , WiFi and roaming.
- Restrict specific applications to wifi, to not overeat the data in roaming situation or not.
- Exclude some applications from the global 3G monitoring (eg 3G Deezer excluded if its used is included in the data package).
- Access to a slider which simulates the power consumption of your remains : what can you consume in term of internet surfing, email, downloads, video, music
Added value features of the application:
- Easy to use, even without settings.
- Set alerts as notifications to avoid overruns package
- Allows monitoring of the historical use of applications with a graphical visualization of consumption followed by application
The information provided is not contractual.
★★★★★ "As useful as it is beautiful"
★★★★★ "Can potentially help you tier down to a lower data plan rate"
★★★★★ "Most popular app of its class in AppStore"
* Firewall to control usage on an app-by-app basis (Android 2.2+, unavailable on Dell Streak)
* Redesigned UI (Sleek new design)
* Usage per app statistics
* Usage per day statistics
* Floating window display (shows Plan usage % and current download speed in a convenient and discreet overlay on your home screen)
* Speed test (to check your current download and upload potential
* Advanced data usage prediction to help you stay on track with plan
* 2 widget styles
√ Tracking: edit your settings to provide early alerts when usage reaches a preset limit.
√ Simple setup: Edit and customize your profile in seconds: Set your monthly data limit, billing cycle days . That's it!
Data Usage Defender works flawlessly on the majority of Android phone models (more than 400 devices) but with all the Android stock and custom ROMs and all manufacturers' custom layers (such as HTC Sense) plus all sorts of installed application combinations it is difficult to ensure a perfect user experience. Please be understanding and positive if you find bugs or experience difficulties. Give us feedback and we will fix the problem to the best of our abilities. Thank you for your support and we look forward to your continual satisfaction with our product, Data Usage Defender.
If you find any bugs within the app or have any suggestions please send us an email detailing the problem. Leaving 1 star on the Android Market does little to help in fixing the bug and is not as effective as sending a direct email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond within 24 hours. Please support us as we work hard to produce top-quality apps.
To search Data Usage Defender, you may try with Key Words: Data Usage ,data plan, traffic, package, network, 3G, LTE, 4G, GPRS, WiFi, EDGE, data, speed, carrier, China Mobile, China Unicom, network package, speed test, save billing, download, battery, DataUsage, watchdog, firewall, watchdog
- Over usage notifications
- Data usage of user and system applications
- Automatically optimized queries
(Does not work properly with Samsung R/Z (i9103) devices)
• widget shortcut (blame google for that) – toggle/switch network mode (2G/3G/4G/CDMA)
• widget switch - enable/disable mobile data, sync, Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi tether/hotspot
• shows current network status in many ways
• network monitor / data traffic counter for applications , mobile data, Wi-Fi
• graphs and statistics for mobile data and Wi-Fi
• graphs and statistics for network usage
• notification when signal is lost
• notification for mobile data limit
• 5 color schemes
• no advertisement
• network monitor / data traffic counter shows mobile technology used for data transfer
• unlimited network monitor / data traffic counter for applications, mobile data, W-Fi
• advanced graphs and statistics for mobile data and Wi-Fi
• widget 2x1 for counter traffic
★Application detect following networks
2G (GPRS), 2G (EDGE), 3G (UMTS), 3G (HSDPA), 3G (HSPA), 3G (HSUPA), 3G(EHRPD), CDMA (RTT), CDMA, CDMA (EVDO 0), CDMA (EVDO A), CDMA (EVDO B), IDEN, 4G (LTE), 4G (HSPAP)
HSPAP is considered as 4G, because it allows similar speed as LTE. If you think it is not right, please send me email with explanation.
You must run once after installation the application, otherwise Widgets will not work! Also if you use Task Killer, put this app to ignore list! If you don´t need any statistic, you can disable it in Preferences.
This application doesn´t drain battery. Don´t say it, if you can´t prove it. If you wish to check it by yourself, use applications for it. Please always keep application updated to avoid any problems.
★Help improve application
• If you wish to make this application better:
- let me know how do you think I can do it instead negative rating without explanation
- share with your friends
- help me to translate text to your language or correct localization
- buy premium
★How to renewal license
Renewal is required only when you install application on new device or reinstall on any device.
• functional internet
• activated synchronization account under which the application was purchased
• turn on the application and the license will be retrieved from the Google servers
★*Widget switch - enable/disable Wi-Fi tether/hotspot by one click!
This function is not supported on many devices, but it should work on many of them. Please don´t rate this application badly, if it is not working for you. There can be a lot of reasons, why this is not working (your operator doesn't support Wi-Fi tethering, it is blocked, your system had been modified by the manufacturer, etc.). I am trying to make it easier for you, but I can´t promise to you that it will work on all devices!
More from developer
BFF Jane: "We still on 2nite 4 the movie?"
You: "AutoReply: I am taking a test right now...I'll get back to you asap!".
Create as many autoResponses as you like, and set them with ease.