One low payment and a ‘no advert’ promise gives you 7 entertaining maths games for your children to improve their speed and confidence in basic maths operations. Duck on the Run is aimed at children between the ages of 4 to 10 years, but offers skill levels for younger children, and will challenge teenagers and adults alike.
Duck on the Run has been awarded 5 stars from the Educational App Store and was a finalist in the 2018 International Educational Games Competition.
Children can choose to save Duck from a feather-greedy Pig in a race against the clock, and advance through the 25 levels. Challenge mode allows players to revise specific maths operations, or simply see how long they can keep Duck out of Pig’s grasp.
The 6 mini games allow children to improve their maths and logic skills without the time pressure of a clock (or Pig). The mini games build the following skills:
- Working with shapes
- Recognising numbers
- Completing sequences
- Problem solving
- Understanding the mechanics of maths operations
Progression through the game is linked to individual user profiles, encouraging players to master basic skills before progressing. Adults are provided with a control panel that allows them to review individual children’s progress, as well as access all levels of game play. They can choose to allow children to have a second chance, should they get a question wrong.
Duck on the Run is an engaging maths app designed to enhance:
- Active learning: Duck can only be saved by solving math problems
- Engagement in the learning process: No distractions, especially not from ads
- Meaningful learning: Build on existing math knowledge and allow skill-based progression
- Social interaction: Enabling parents to set goals, and reward achievements