Please leave feedback, comments, and suggestions on the Android Marketplace and our Facebook page! Like our Facebook page, and tell your friends they too can know when a snow day is coming with the Snow Day Calculator!
Use this simple Snow Day Calculator to calculate the chance of a snow day happening! We do it better than the competition, including factors that an automated location search just can't.
We know there are so many factors contributing to a snow day, from the actual weather to human factors, such a hype. We take all of these into account when calculating using our special Snow Day Algorithm.
For a full list of the schools we cover (or to add your school), go to our site below.
LET IT SNOW!
Shows NOAA's detailed and hourly updated snowfall forecast projections in inches on a highly responsive interactive map. Plus get NOAA warning boxes and general weather forecast on the same screen!
✓ Install and go, no complex setup
✓ Animated snowfall overlay on map with 6 hourly snowfall amounts for next 2 days
✓ Check the detailed point snow forecast for any location on the map.
✓ NOAA warning boxes on the map for severe weather alerts
✓ Check the current weather + forecast for any point on the map
✓ Bookmark locations for quick access
✓ Fast Loading
✓ Intuitive Play/pause/manual modes for moving between frames.
✓ Select opacity of overlay to your taste
✓ Get fast support from within the app
Coverage: This app is only useful for users in the contiguous lower 48 US states and Alaska's populated coastal regions.
The Snow-Forecast.com mobile app lets you keep track of your favourite mountain resorts whilst on the move. The main features are:
- Our full database of over 2,600 ski resorts around the world
- Geolocation to show the closest ski resorts to your current position
- Add your chosen resorts to a favourites list
- sign up to snow alerts
- Detailed snow forecasts, updated every 4 hours
- 3 forecasts per resort for the top, middle and bottom lift elevations
- Snowfinder: telling you where to find the nearest best conditions
- Latest detailed snow reports (where available) plus the ability to send in snow reports to us
- Current nearby weather conditions
- Resort webcam image* (where available)
- Weather maps for snow accumulations, cloud, wind and temperature
- sharing links to forecasts with your friends via Facebook, Twitter etc.
The app is free, however if you are snow-forecast.com member, you can log in and enjoy:
- longer range 9 day forecast
- 24 hour detailed forecasts
- no advertisements in the app
- high res pistemaps (where available)
Rainy Days shows you weather radar doppler images from buienradar, meteox, vaderradar, eumetsat and nws using Google Maps. You can zoom in, pan and search for locations.
Be your own weather man with Rainy Days: see how storms are moving to see if they are heading for you.
Coverage: Europe, Iceland, Scandinavia, USA incl Alaska, Canada, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, Africa, Australia
Note: shows rain (radar reflectivity), not clouds!
If something is not working on your device, please send me an email, adding a comment doesn't give me enough information to fix any bugs!
Join the Rainy Days Beta community on Google Plus to try out the latest updates before they go out: https://plus.google.com/communities/104490717855236434740
Permissions that you are prompted for:
* Photos/Media/Files - for storing map data on external storage
* Location - To show your location on the map
* In-app purchases - for upgrading without advertisements if you like
This application reads from ABC 12 school closings and National Weather Service information for Grand Blanc, MI to make a prediction.
Snow Day Calculator runs on Android 3.0 Honeycomb (API 11) or higher.
This project was started in July 2014 and is currently a work in progress.
Please note that the application is not affiliated with or managed by Grand Blanc Community Schools or ABC 12. All reports of closings should be verified with the official ABC 12 listings.
Snow Day Calculator is maintained by Corey Rowe (CR96) on GitHub.
This app currently retrieves:
24 Hour snow fall
Average snow depth.
For the following resorts:
Get up-to-date snowfall info for Australia ski resorts.
• 7 day forecasts for all NZ skifields
• Skifield last snowfall and current snow base amounts
• Skifield webcams
• Skifield Lifts & Conditions information
• 3 hourly wind, temperature, rainfall and snow forecasts for the next 48 hours
• The latest MetService TV Snow Update video
• Severe weather information
• User-selected Home location and Favourites
• 7.5 minute Rain Radar
• 3 day rainfall forecast imagery with wind barbs
• Surface pressure maps
The app does not include urban, marine or rural forecasts, or maps that are not included in the list above. The app is developed for smartphones and is not supported for tablets.
Full terms and conditions regarding the purchase and use of MetService mobile applications are available here: www.metservice.com/about/application-terms.
Get the latest weather conditions, whether you're hitting the slopes, the beach or simply checking the forecast for your commute. See accurate hourly, 5-day, and 10-day forecasts for wherever you're going or whatever you’re doing.
Quickly access the day drill down, hourly, daily, and 10-day forecasts, and historical weather averages. Check wind, visibility, humidity, barometer, dew point, and chance of precipitation. See sunrise, sunset, moon phase, and UV index.
Go deep in detail with temperature, radar observation, radar forecast, precipitation, cloud and satellite maps.
Track current weather in all the locations you care about most. Add multiple cities to your favorites for quick access. Sign in to save your preferences.
SEVERE WEATHER ALERTS
Stay informed with timely notifications to help you prepare for severe weather.
Automatically sync your favorite cities across MSN Weather on the web and your mobile apps for quick access to the places you care about.
Some features may not be available in all markets.
“C’è neve in quella valle? A che quota inizia la neve? Quanta neve c'è su quel versante? C’è già stato qualcuno su quel tracciato? Come sarà il meteo domani?”
MySnowMaps cerca di rispondere a queste domande, riportando informazioni sull'innevamento del territorio giorno per giorno, attraverso la visualizzazione di “mappe di neve”, ossia immagini georiferite che, attraverso una scala cromatica, riportano le stime sull'altezza della neve. Le mappe di neve sono acquistabili direttamente dal sito web www.mysnowmaps.com selezionando la zona di interesse e sono poi visualizzabili off-line tramite la App.
MySnowMaps ti permette di:
- consultare l'altezza neve al suolo, la neve fresca caduta negli ultimi giorni e la previsione di accumulo neve fresca per le prossime ore;
- visualizzare delle proposte di tracciati escursionistici di varie difficoltà;
- tenere traccia delle gite e del dislivello totale percorso nella stagione;
- misurare la neve e visualizzare le misure di neve fornite dai vari utenti;
- partecipare ad un entusiasmante concorso a premi durante la stagione invernale.
Con MySnowMaps mai più gite al “verde”!