There's nothing like the uncertainty of knowing if you'll reach your destination. Instead of searching for weather forecasts city-by-city, get all the information you need all at the same time, in an easy to understand display.
* Check the current weather throughout your entire road trip and compare city forecasts side-by-side. See if there's snow in that high mountain pass, or flash flooding across that lonely desert, all at the same time.
* View the full route of your trip or individual legs with interactive Google Maps.
* Adjust the time of your trip to instantly see the extended forecast up to several days ahead.
* Toggle Fahrenheit and Celsius from the Settings.
* View highway camera images for your trip from nearby highway cameras in select areas of the United States (BETA feature). Look for the camera icon when holding your device in landscape mode.
This app is the paid, ad-free version of Weather Route. If you'd rather have the free ad-supported version, look for it in the other apps listed under "More from developer".
More than 10 million geographic locations are investigated and detailed weather forecasts are produced, updated twice daily.
Moreover, weather reports from all online stations of the world are presented in real time, in order to provide accurate information on local weather conditions.
— Modern design and beautiful icons
— Smart location search
— Automated location service
— Customized weather updates
— Choice of many languages
— Current weather conditions
— Weekly weather forecasts
— Detailed hourly forecasts
— This application runs on 2.3.4+
— The application is using location services to automatically locate your current position. The application runs even if your location services are disabled. You can disable location services from the application’s settings or your system’s settings.
— If you choose to use the application’s widget, then you cannot store this application on your SD card. This is according to the standards of the Android system. If you cannot find the Freemeteo widget on the list of available widgets (settings – applications manager), please check if the application is stored on your SD card. If so, please move the application back to your phone from your SD card and restart the application.
— All information collected by the application is anonymous. Freemeteo will keep this information secure and will not share them with any third parties according to our privacy and cookies policy available on: http://freemeteo.co.uk/weather/privacy-statement/?language=English&country=united-kingdom
• Five popular weather forecasts side-by-side for easy comparison. Do they predict the same?
• Climendo’s own forecast shows an average of all forecasts compared.
• The probability rate is based on the the level of agreement between the forecasts compared.
In this free version you get Climendo’s forecast for all five days, and can compare forecasts for today.
Features found in the premium app:
• An advanced tracking system tells you which provider is the most accurate for your area.
• Compare forecasts for all five days.
The weather plays a major and important role in our daily lives. Climendo helps you to be more confident in making reliable decisions.
Climendo strives to only work with the best and most accurate weather forecasters. The forecasters shown may vary depending on what country you selected. For more detailed weather information, make sure you visit their own websites and/or apps.
Get notifications about increases in geomagnetic activity - triggered when the AuroraWatch status level changes; this indicates the relative likelihood of viewing an aurora in the UK.
See the current alert status.
Read last 24 hours recent history.
Report aurora sightings (requires logon).
Forecast model from SWPC.
AuroraWatch UK is in Beta - please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any issues.
The app does not alert historically. If your phone is off or out of range when the status goes up but the level goes back down before the next data update you will receive no notification.
The AuroraWatch UK (Android) app is developed and maintained by Smallbouldering Projects, it is not an 'Official' app.
AuroraWatch UK alerts data is provided by Lancaster University, UK using data from the SAMNET and/or AuroraWatchNet magnetometer networks: Read more about this here:
CRUISING WORLD - APP OF THE MONTH - February 2013
Sailing weather and tides forecast maps designed for and by sailors.
With SailGrib, enjoy viewing weather and tide forecast on your Android device.
Select the map that you want to get data for
- request the grib file, download it and view its data on SailGrib.
- tide calculations are done directly on your device, no need for an internet connexion
The area selection is very simple as SailGrib uses maps.
The data request is done through SailGrib, Saildocs,Great Circle. SailGrib gets grib files by direct download or through an email exchange.
- choose a map and overlay weather forecast data,
- download data using the best Grib files providers : SailGrib, Great Circle, Saildocs, MeteoConsult,...
- specify the request to your needs,
- request can be adjusted to match a maximum file size
- can be used with satellite phone email services like XGate with optimizer, the Iiridium Go or the AxcessPoint.
- offlline maps capability combined with satellite mail allows usage at sea.
- view weather overlays together on the same map
With SailGrib, you can download and view the following data:
- Wind (10m above sea level)
- Pressure (reduced to mean sea level)
- Precipitation (accumulated over 6 hours)
- Total cloud cover
- Air Temperature ( 2m above ground)
- Wave (significant wave height, mean wave direction and period)
- Tidal or oceanic currents
With SailGrib, you can specify the following parameters for your grib file request:
- grib provider : SailGrib, Great Circle, SailDocs, MeteoConsult, GMN, ....
- request method : direct download (SailGrib, Great Circle, MeteoConsult, GMN) or email (Great Circle and SailDocs)
- grid resolution: from very high resolution to 2.5°
- time step between forecasts :from 1 hour to 12 hours depending on models
- number of days for the forecast: from 1 to 14 depending on model
- maximum file size. SailGrib estimates the size of the grib file you request and adjust the grid resolution and the time step to make sure your file will size be lower than your set limit.
With SailGrib, you can view the following data:
- Precipitation maps
- Cloud cover maps
- Temperature maps
- Waves maps and arrows
- CAPE map
Tide forecast are not official and are for reference purpose only.
Grib files are computer-generated forecast files which are sent without review, and are offered on an as-is basis. There is no assurance that the data is accurate or correct. By using these data you agree to these limitations and assume all the responsibility for their use.
In february 2013, SailGrib was elected App of the month by the magazine Cruising World.
SailGrib uses the JGRIB Java GRIB decoder (jgrib.sourceforge.net) and OpenStreetMap (www.openstreetmap.org).
- Specialized maps: The most worldwide used weather maps in sailing including wind, pressure, precipitation, temperature and cloudiness.
- Dynamic meteo-tables: Hourly forecast for a selected point of interest. Choose your variables!
- Favourite locations: Save your usual spot for sailing
- Geolocation: Automatic detection of your current position.
- Professional Events: More specialized weather products. Up-to-date information of the current professional events.
- Our app makes live easier to Sailors by making available up to 1 km-resolution weather forecast covering the region of interest. User-friendly tools to interpret thoroughly the meteorological data.
Reliable and Secure Platform
Everything is perfectly organized
User’s favourite spot
Easy to use and manage
- Last generation weather forecasts by the Weather Research and Forecasting model (WRF) run at our own servers. Two day forecast from 4 to 1 km resolution.
- Perfectly detailed meteorological information on tables, maps and graphs. Zoom in capability on high resolution forecast maps. Users can also save their usual location.
- Covering expert sailors needs with our specific weather variables like CAPE, wind at 500, 850 and 925 hPa and cloudiness at low, medium and high level.