Rainy Days shows you weather radar doppler images from buienradar, meteox, vaderradar, eumetsat and nws using Google Maps. You can zoom in, pan and search for locations.
Be your own weather man with Rainy Days: see how storms are moving to see if they are heading for you.
Coverage: Europe, Iceland, Scandinavia, USA incl Alaska, Canada, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, Africa, Australia
Note: shows rain (radar reflectivity), not clouds!
If something is not working on your device, please send me an email, adding a comment doesn't give me enough information to fix any bugs!
Join the Rainy Days Beta community on Google Plus to try out the latest updates before they go out: https://plus.google.com/communities/104490717855236434740
Permissions that you are prompted for:
* Photos/Media/Files - for storing map data on external storage
* Location - To show your location on the map
* In-app purchases - for upgrading without advertisements if you like
The Snow-Forecast.com mobile app lets you keep track of your favourite mountain resorts whilst on the move. The main features are:
- Our full database of over 2,600 ski resorts around the world
- Geolocation to show the closest ski resorts to your current position
- Add your chosen resorts to a favourites list
- sign up to snow alerts
- Detailed snow forecasts, updated every 4 hours
- 3 forecasts per resort for the top, middle and bottom lift elevations
- Snowfinder: telling you where to find the nearest best conditions
- Latest detailed snow reports (where available) plus the ability to send in snow reports to us
- Current nearby weather conditions
- Resort webcam image* (where available)
- Weather maps for snow accumulations, cloud, wind and temperature
- sharing links to forecasts with your friends via Facebook, Twitter etc.
The app is free, however if you are snow-forecast.com member, you can log in and enjoy:
- longer range 9 day forecast
- 24 hour detailed forecasts
- no advertisements in the app
- high res pistemaps (where available)
Shows NOAA's detailed and hourly updated snowfall forecast projections in inches on a highly responsive interactive map. Plus get NOAA warning boxes and general weather forecast on the same screen!
✓ Install and go, no complex setup
✓ Animated snowfall overlay on map with 6 hourly snowfall amounts for next 2 days
✓ Check the detailed point snow forecast for any location on the map.
✓ NOAA warning boxes on the map for severe weather alerts
✓ Check the current weather + forecast for any point on the map
✓ Bookmark locations for quick access
✓ Fast Loading
✓ Intuitive Play/pause/manual modes for moving between frames.
✓ Select opacity of overlay to your taste
✓ Get fast support from within the app
Coverage: This app is only useful for users in the contiguous lower 48 US states and Alaska's populated coastal regions.
• 7 day forecasts for all NZ skifields
• Skifield last snowfall and current snow base amounts
• Skifield webcams
• Skifield Lifts & Conditions information
• 3 hourly wind, temperature, rainfall and snow forecasts for the next 48 hours
• The latest MetService TV Snow Update video
• Severe weather information
• User-selected Home location and Favourites
• 7.5 minute Rain Radar
• 3 day rainfall forecast imagery with wind barbs
• Surface pressure maps
The app does not include urban, marine or rural forecasts, or maps that are not included in the list above. The app is developed for smartphones and is not supported for tablets.
Full terms and conditions regarding the purchase and use of MetService mobile applications are available here: www.metservice.com/about/application-terms.
Dan for pointing out keypad, auto-clear, and tablet issues
This application reads from ABC 12 school closings and National Weather Service information for Grand Blanc, MI to make a prediction.
Snow Day Calculator runs on Android 3.0 Honeycomb (API 11) or higher.
This project was started in July 2014 and is currently a work in progress.
Please note that the application is not affiliated with or managed by Grand Blanc Community Schools or ABC 12. All reports of closings should be verified with the official ABC 12 listings.
Snow Day Calculator is maintained by Corey Rowe (CR96) on GitHub.