To start using AirWire, you need no additional equipment. It is enough to have a TV set connected to the Internet or a media player and access to the Internet with the data rate not less than 4 Mbit/s.
As of today, AirWire has been tested with the following devices:
• Network media players: Dune, Sony, LG, WD TV Live, Popcorn Hour, IconBit and others.
• TV sets: Samsung, LG, Sony BRAVIA, Philips, Panasonic Viera and others.
• PC/Mac media servers: Twonky, Skifta, Windows Media Player, QNAP, XBMC and others.
• Other DLNA/UPnP compatible network-attached storages and devices.
If you wish to use AirWire in your application, use the integration instructions on our website http://airwire.tv/en/site/developers
Searching for devices can take up to 1 minute
• If AirWire has found no devices, check if they are connected to the same network as WiFi.
• The WiFi router should have the enabled function of traffic exchange between devices in the LAN.
• Settings of your LAN, Internet connection broadband, load level of the server from which the video is transferred can influence the video quality.
• If the application does not find your media player or TV set, check if the Digital Media Renderer (DMR) option is enabled (for example: enter Settings > System in IconBit players and turn on DLNA DMR).
• Some devices partially support the DLNA standard, because of which they cannot perform some commands of the application (for example, Philips TV sets and IconBit players do not support the Fast Forward/Back function)
• Some video files and images cannot be played back since the device in which you try to open them does not support such file formats.
Note: you should select one of the inputs in LG TV sets made 2012 (HDMI1-HDMI4, Antenna...) to control them by means of AirWire.
This is a BETA version of the port of VLC media player to the Android™ platform. It plays both audio and video.
It is intended for everyone, but this version is not perfectly stable.
It is still a beta, so it might kill your kitten or destroy your house, but it should be mostly fine now.
Use it at your own risk. Have fun! :)
This version is for devices with an ARMv7 CPU or a x86 CPU. ARMv6 devices will be supported in a future release.
VLC for Android™ plays most local video and audio files, as well as network streams (including adaptive streaming), DVD ISOs, like the desktop version of VLC.
VLC for Android has a media library for audio and video files, and allows to browse folders directly.
VLC has support for multi-track audio and subtitles. It supports auto-rotation, aspect-ratio adjustments and gestures to control volume and brightness.
It also includes a widget for audio control, supports audio headsets control, cover art and a complete audio media library.
As this is an early BETA version, a lot of things are not finished, but will change for the final release:
• Hardware decoding works only with a limited set of hardware;
• Other unknown issues.
VLC for Android Beta needs acces to :
• "Device & app History" to be able to read logs, during the beta, to help understand crashes and issues.
• "Photos/Media/Files" to read your media files
• "Device ID & call information" in order to pause music/video during incoming calls
Permission Details :
• It needs "read phone status an identity", in order to pause music during incoming calls.
• It needs "modify or delete the contents of your USB storage", in order to allow deletion of files.
• It needs "read the contents of your USB storage", in to order to read your media files on it.
• It needs "full network access", to open network streams.
• It needs "control vibration", in order to provide UI feedback when seeking in the audio player.
• It needs "prevent phone from sleeping" in order to prevent... your phone from sleeping.
• It needs "change your audio settings", in order to change audio volume.
• It needs "modify system settings", in order to allow you to change your audio ringtone.
NOTE: If the App doesn't work perfectly with your device, please contact us to improve(email@example.com). Your encouragement will help us move further.
It can stream media from: Android devices, NAS(Samba Server on Windows or MacBook), DLNA/UPnP Media Servers(Twonky Media, Serviio...)
to: DLNA/UPnP renderer(AirPin LITE/PRO, Xbox 360, DLNA Enabled TVs/boxes...).
★Multi-language support: English and Chinese
★Image rotation is supported
★Loopback play mode is supported
★SubRip Text subtitle is supported while video streaming if you use AirPlay/DLNA Receiver (PRO) as renderer
★Support Android 2.1 or greater
Screen mirror is for test:
1.For screen mirror in 'Setting', it can only work with AirPlay/DLNA Receiver (PRO) installed on Android TVs or boxes;
2.Your phone or tablet should be rooted;
3.The performance of mirroring may vary on different Android devices due to the hardware performance and the compatibility of display service in the firmware. You can also request a refund for AirPlay/DLNA Receiver (PRO) if the mirror performance on your phone or tablet is not satisfying.
Cast/Stream videos, music or pictures
FROM your phone or tablet, NAS (DLNA/UPnP or Samba), Google Drive, Google+, Dropbox or a webpage
TO a Chromecast, Nexus Player, AppleTV*, SmartTV*, Sonos, Xbox 360*, Xbox One* or other DLNA Devices*.
Please be aware that the Chromecast only supports a couple of formats. It can read containers like mp4, mkv, 3gp and m4v, but all these containers can use different codecs. If you can't hear the audio of a video, then the audio codec is not supported. If you can't see the video but hear the audio, then the video codec is not supported.
(I am looking into "on-the-fly" transcoding)
If you cast from your device or DLNA, the album cover will be displayed on the TV. The queue and playlists work with all files, but were added to easily set up music for your next party and don't worry about it.
On a Chromecast, Nexus Player or other Cast device:
You can rotate, zoom and pan pictures easily from the "Now playing" screen, just touch the button with the four arrows.
If you use a Chromecast, Nexus Player or other Cast device:
You can easily add subtitles. Subtitles in the same folder will be added automatically. You can set a dedicated subtitle folder which will be searched when you start a video. Subtitle timing, font, background and color can be changed.
You can change the subtitle encoding in the settings, e.g. for arabic subtitles choose UTF-8
Internal subtitles which are inside the video container don't work YET
// Wireless headphones (beta)
Touch "Route audio to phone" on the "Now playing" screen, to listen to what you are watching on your phone. This feature is in beta: it might work most of the time.
// * Casting to DLNA Devices
This is currently a bit buggy, but I hope that I have it fixed before christmas.
You can join the beta community and receive beta updates from the Google Play here: http://goo.gl/8Efbo9
Pdfs are converted to pictures in the app and can then be casted.
// Chromecast supported formats
// Recommended PC software to convert your files:
// In app purchases:
The app is free and ads supported, the ads can be removed via an in app purchase for a price from 1 to 7 €. Choose what you'd like to pay, all purchases unlock all Pro version features. Pro Version features currently are only:
- No ads
- Search (device only)
- Video preview when seeking on the "Now playing" screen
I am just one independent developer working on my apps whenever I can, without a big budget for testing on various devices. If you find a bug please contact me via Google+ or email and I'll try to fix it ASAP. Thanks for your support and happy casting!
In-app purchase: to remove the ads/buy the Pro Version
Storage: to search media
Allow WiFi Multicast: for the server
Network communication: Chromecast/Internet/etc.
Your accounts: Google Drive/Google+
Phone state/identity: Pause/Resume on incoming calls
*** Anonymous Usage Statistics ***
This App gathers anonymous usage statistics through Google Analytics to find bugs and enhance future user experience. You can opt out by deactivating this option in the App's settings.
• DLNA TVs and music receivers from popular TV and HiFi brands
• gaming consoles
• local Android playback
BubbleUPnP can access your media from a lot of sources, including:
• UPnP/DLNA media servers
• local media stored on your Android device
• popular cloud media storage providers
• media from other apps using Share/Send such as: web browsers, file managers...
• ...and more!
BubbleUPnP is a versatile app packed with many features for you to discover, some of which are:
• extensive Chromecast support: play incompatible Chromecast media with transcoding(*): MKV, AVI, MOV, WMV, WTV, RMVB, TS, FLAC, WMA, ..., subtitles with custom appearance, audio/video track selection (*)
• fast and secure Internet access to your home media while on the go, from mobile and WiFi networks (*)
• playback queue, editable playlists, scrobbling, sleep timer, various shuffle modes
• integrated full screen image viewer and controller
• play media to your Android device from other devices (renderer functionality)
• access all local and cloud media from other devices (media server functionality)
• media download to your SD Card
• ...and much more!
(*) Some features are provided by BubbleUPnP Server, an optional software that can be installed on any machine on your local network to provide
additional services. To learn more about BubbleUPnP Server, visit http://bubblesoftapps.com/bubbleupnpserver.
Some features are restricted and can be unlocked by purchasing the BubbleUPnP License app.
For more information about DLNA, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Living_Network_Alliance.
Ginkgo DLNA / uPnP Player acts as Media Player or Media Controller, allows you to find media from
Media Servers (Windows PC, NAS with DNLA server installed, etc.) in your home network, and play to
Media Renderer(network player, smart TV, etc.) or locally on your android device.
[Zero configuration]: Thanks to DLNA, compatible devices are discovered automatically. No configuration is needed.
[Library browsing] : User friendly UI to browse you media library with deep structure.
[Favorites] : Supports favorites folders and medias, allows finding frequently played medias quickly.
[History] : Recently played medias are kept in history.
[Play to remote renderer]: Used as remote control for your renderer, plays media to Media Renderer.
[Play music on phone] : Built-in audio renderer based on Android media facilities, commonly supported audio
format include .mp3.mp4 .mpa .flac .ogg. .mkv .wav. 3gp.
(For more details : http://developer.android.com/guide/appendix/media-formats.html)
[Built-in image viewer] : Built-in image viewer with zoomer to visualize your photos.
[Play with external app] :
video medias are forwarded to other player installed on your phone. (e.g. "MX Player", “VPlayer” )
Known DLNA issue
[Media formats]: Media Renderers may support from extensive to limited media formats. Take this into
consideration when choosing your media renderer. Media servers supporting “transcoding” could be a solution
if the renderer supports limited formats.
[Not supported operations]: Some Media Renderers have limited support of DLNA operations. Common issues include :
1. SEEK, PAUSE, SET VOLUMN not supported.
2.No finish signal sent when current track ended(So no continue play support by Ginkgo DLNA player).
[Media information] : DLNA allows Media Servers providing optional information for medias. This include
encoding, size/duration artist, album, album art, etc. Most media servers do a good job, but some do just the
minimum. Consider changing media server if you want more media information.
[Protocol Message Error ]: DLNA compatible devices communicate each other by protocol messages. Some
media servers may send sometimes malformed messages that cannot be properly handled be others. This may
lead to loss of information or application crash.
This application is in beta test phase. Your feedbacks on application bugs, device compatibility issues are welcome.
For the purpose of improving the quality, this application send anonymous crash reports and usage information.
This application is not certified by Digital Living Network Alliance.
Note: If you’ve already purchased the app or have a Plex Pass, you do NOT need to purchase again! We attempt to detect your previous purchase automatically. If this fails, please select "Already Paid?" on the activation screen and follow the instructions to restore your purchase.
• Unlimited casting of photos and videos from the Camera Roll on your phone or tablet to Plex apps on Roku, Chromecast, Android TV, Fire TV, and Plex Home Theater (coming soon to Xbox One, Playstation, and other apps).
• Unlimited casting of any media on your Plex Media Server (free download available at https://plex.tv/downloads) to other Plex Apps.
• Remote control your big screen Plex Apps.
• LIMITATION: Playing media from your Plex Media Server on the device running this app is limited (one minute for music and video, watermark on photos) until the app is unlocked.
• Unlock unlimited streaming to your phone or tablet with a Plex Pass subscription that includes many other premium features (available at https://plex.tv/plexpass) -OR- a small one-time in-app purchase.
Here’s a small taste of more things that Plex does to make your media experience awesome:
• Plex makes your media beautiful with artwork, rich metadata, and related content.
• Plex automatically converts your media on-the-fly to play on any device.
• Easily share your media with friends and family.
• Plex Pass feature: Sync media to your phone or tablet for offline viewing.
• Plex Pass feature: Sync media to your favorite cloud provider including Google Drive, Dropbox, and Box, so you can stream media even when your server is offline.
• Plex Pass feature: Online Trailers and Extras for the movies in your collection!
• Mark online videos from sites like Vimeo and YouTube to be able to 'Watch Later' on all of your Plex apps.
Getting up and running is easy, install the FREE Plex Media Server now (https://plex.tv/downloads)!
NOTE: YOU MUST HAVE A PLEX MEDIA SERVER (AVAILABLE FOR FREE AT https://plex.tv/downloads) INSTALLED AND RUNNING TO STREAM LOCAL MEDIA. VERSION 0.9.11.1 OR HIGHER IS REQUIRED. DRM-protected content, ISO disc images, and VIDEO_TS folders are not supported.
a) HARDWARE ACCELERATION - Hardware acceleration can be applied to more videos with the help of new H/W decoder.
b) MULTI-CORE DECODING - MX Player is the first Android video player which supports multi-core decoding. Test result proved that dual-core device’s performance is up to 70% better than single-core devices.
c) PINCH TO ZOOM, ZOOM AND PAN - Easily zoom in and out by pinching and swiping across the screen. Zoom and Pan is also available by option.
d) SUBTITLE GESTURES - Scroll forward/backward to move to next/previous text, Up/down to move text up and down, Zoom in/out to change text size.
e) KIDS LOCK - Keep your kids entertained without having to worry that they can make calls or touch other apps. (plugin required)
- DVD, DVB, SSA/ASS Subtitle tracks.
- SubStation Alpha(.ssa/.ass) with full styling.
- SAMI(.smi) with ruby tag support.
About "Draw over other apps" permission: This permission is required to block system buttons when input blocking is activated on the playback screen.
If you are facing "package file is invalid" error, please install it again from product home page (https://sites.google.com/site/mxvpen/download)
If you have any questions, please visit XDA MX Player forum.
Some of the screens are from the Elephants Dream licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.5.
(c) copyright 2006, Blender Foundation / Netherlands Media Art Institute / www.elephantsdream.org
Some of the screens are from the Big Buck Bunny licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported.
(c) copyright 2008, Blender Foundation / www.bigbuckbunny.org
Access your digital content from anywhere. iMediaShare automatically discovers any connected devices around you (hint: there are thousands). All you have to do is choose the one you’d like to play on, and your videos stream instantly on the big screen. iMediaShare also serves as the ultimate remote, so you can adjust volume, playback, or switch videos with intuitive touchscreen gestures.
You no longer have to pass around a single phone from person to person to show videos while hanging out. Instead, stream those videos to any connected TV so everyone can see!
Note that you won't see banner ads in iMediaShare personal if Flipps HD is installed on your device.
✦ Internet-connected TVs by Samsung, Sony, Panasonic, LG & Philips
✦ XBox 360, Xbox One, DISH Hopper, Apple TV
AllCast lets you cast to:
* Amazon Fire TV
* Apple TV
* Xbox 360, Xbox One
* Samsung, Sony and Panasonic Smart TVs
* Other DLNA Renderers
This is the free version of AllCast, which has a 5 minute viewing limit on pictures and videos. Upgrade to the premium version to remove the viewing limit.
Internet - Streaming from Dropbox/Drive
Wifi/Network State - Check if wifi is on
Change Wifi States - Search for devices on local network
Wake Lock - Keep Android on while streaming
Read/write External Storage - Play from SD Card
Read Phone State - Used for premium license verification
Get Accounts - Search for Google accounts
Use Credentials - Log into Google Drive
Superuser - Google Music casting
Troubleshooting? Check out the wiki:
Some Things about the app, just to avoid complaints:
-The app only can see the media files that the Android gallery can see(except avi files), if you add a video and dont show in the gallery dont expect that the server cant see it.
I have tested it with: “mkv”, “avi”, “mp4”
-With some routers, specially those that are cheap or old, you will suffer a lot of disconnections, because the router is saturated and cant manage all the data, this is specially a problem with video.
-If you are connected to the Wifi and your client cant see the server, the problem is in the router in 90% of cases(check UPNP configuration or upgrade it).
-Please read the Help.
The Pro version is not limited in any way so you can use all the functionality of the application, although it is recommended that you first try the free app to see if your phone works well with the client that you want.
Pro version has the following functionality:
-Integrated Firewall (Select devices to allow them to access your multimedia content)
-Selecting individual files (You can choose what to share)
-Support subtitle (not all clients support them) for Smart TV / BD to Samsung and LG brands.
-Ethernet-Network Support (not tested on physical device).
Free version has the following functionality:
-Integrated Firewall (Select devices to allow them to access your multimedia content is limited to one device in state Forbidden or Allowed)
-Selecting individual files (You can´t choose what to share)
-Support subtitle (not all clients support them) for Smart TV / BD to Samsung and LG brands (Limited to only one subtitle activated at the same time).
-Ethernet-Network Support (not tested on physical device).
How to use:
-With your Android device connected to a network (WiFi or Ethernet), activate the server (automatically activated when starting the application).
With a DLNA compatible device (I use a PlayStation 3 or Winamp plugin with ml_upnp or UpnpPlay) open the server and view its contents.
For example: from the PS3 go to Music-> MediaServer-> Music-> All-> "select a song and wait." if you want to see the photos go to Photo-> MediaServer-> Photos-> All> "select an image and wait." and the same for the video.
The server can take up to 10 seconds to become visible in a customer, if for any reason after a while nothing happens, press the button on the mobile server (off and on).
Important note: Do not use p2p programs on the same WiFi network, since too many retransmissions introduced in communications.
Note: Although the server continues to run off the mobile screen, we found that the application works best with the screen on, so it is recommended to disable auto screen off.
If you are connected to a mobile wireless network and you suffer connections and disconnections when you try to transmit multimedia content, the problem is in the router (saturated), to solve this problem either upgrade the router's firmware to a version better or buy a router that supports standard 802.11ac.
Note: If the application is not running and when you return to run still not working (restarts the phone, this is very rare).
With some video-transfer rate seems a little low (jumps in the picture), although this depends on the network speed and video resolution.
-Sometimes with television, the first time you display the contents of the server are only empty folders, if this happens the user must exit the TV's DLNA and re-enter to refresh the content. For example with Samsung TVs DLNA once selected if the contents of the folder is empty, press the "Back" until the server selection menu and reselect MediaServer.
Please note that there is no actual media player included, and in order actually play any content you will have to install a 3rd party player.
I recommend the use of a dedicated UPnP media server such as for example Plex.
NOTE: This application is in no way affiliated with the Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) and have in no way passed any such certification.
This application is open-source and the source can be found here:
Here are a few remarkable features :
Browse images, videos, songs files directly from your certified DLNA server .
Automatic scan of your home network over Ethernet or Wifi to identify PC, NAS or any other device running UPnP/DLNA media server.
Use our Player as a browser, player or controller.
Built in music player with options to seek, pause, play, loop, shuffle and repeat.
Displays album art and album thumb nails, Images etc
NOTE: DLNA is trademark of DLNA.org. We just use the term to confirm that app work with certified DLNA servers. We have no link or connection with DLNA.org
Stream music, videos, movies and pictures from PC, NAS or any other device running UPnP/DLNA compliant media server. MediaHouse Pro powers your device i.e. phone, tablets or google TVs with the following capabilities:
1. Automatic scan of your home network over Ethernet or Wifi to identify PC, NAS or any other device running UPnP/DLNA media server.
2. Shows capabilities of the scanned servers by dividing them into two categories, one from which you can serve content i.e. called Play From and others to which you can play that content i.e. called Play To.
3. Use MediaHouse Pro as a browser, player or controller.
4. MediaHouse Pro can control playback of content from a Media Server (called - Play From) to a Media renderer (called - Play To).
5. Movies - Spice up your movie libraries with posters, backdrops, actors and more information gathered from online sources such as TMDb.
6. Favorites - Save several level deep albums and folders from one or multiple media servers and get direct one click access to their content.
7. Play lists - add, delete, rename music play lists. Last played audio tracks are automatically saved.
8. Search your big server libraries for albums, artists, video, images by their title.
9. Download - albums, folders and individual media items to your device for offline play.
10. Random play - discover hidden gems in your library by letting app select music for you.
11. Built in music player with options to seek, pause, play, loop, shuffle and repeat.
12. Build in photo viewer with slideshow option.
13. Image Colors are picked from album art or photos to beautify now playing and photo view screens.
14. Time saver folder options like search audio and play or search images and arrange them in a slideshow.
15. Remembers your server selection and uses it in subsequent runs.
16. Video play in NOT BUILT IN and MediaHouse uses other applications installed on your device. We recommend installing MXPlayer or BSPlayer, Moboplayer etc... They have support for many HD video file formats.
17. Support for Landscape mode
18. Displays album art and album thumb nails
19. Further Tips are available via menu option
THIS APP DOES NOT CLAIM TO BE DLNA CERTIFIED. Check http://www.dlna.org/consumer-home/look-for-dlna/product-search. However, here is a brief list of what our users are using today with MediaHouse.
1. TwonkyMedia server
2. Windows Media Player 12
6. PS3 Media Server
7. MediaMonkey 4.0
8. Synology DSM 3.1
11. PURE Flowserver
1. Windows Media Player 12 (Has good audio and video support)
2. Sony Network Media Players (Good audio but limited support on video playback).
3. And of course your phone or tablet works as always.
Tags : Movies, Music, Photos, Videos, TV shows, movie browser, music player, network player, media center, video player, Boxee, XBMC, Plex, MediaPortal.