How it works:
1. Create a profile. In this profile, you enter your name, phone number, email address, website, twitter/facebook/instagram/snapchat/linkedIn/youtube handles (all of which are optional by the way). You can have as many profiles as you want. Each profile is equivalent to a business card.
2. When you want to share your Deets with a peer, simply tap on "Send Deets" on the menu which will then display a QR code on. On the other hand, your peer should tap on "Receive Deets" on the menu. This will then initiate a QR code scanner which they will use to scan your QR code.
3. Peer scans your QR code. You Deets will then be saved in your peer's contacts list as a contact.
4. Peer can then tap on "Contacts" in the menu and select your contact from his/her contacts list. This will then display all your contact info as well as your twitter/facebook/instagram/snapchat/linkedIn/youtube handles as set in your profile. By tapping on say your twitter handle, the user is then redirected to your twitter profile page either via the twitter app (if installed) or via the browser
Alternatively, you can also share your Deets by sending a link to your friends via Whatsapp, SMS, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Email etc.
1. On the menu, tap on "Send Deets".
2. Tap the "Share Link" button.
3. Select the desired platform that you would like to share your link on.
4. If your friends, have the Deet app installed in their phone, all they have to do is simply tap on the link and open it using the Deet app. The app will then save your Deets in their phone.
Where Deet would work:
Corporate events/meetings - Keeping a stack of your own business cards with you can be a problem. Losing business cards you have been given by potential clients can be an even bigger problem. With Deet, all you need is your phone. Besides, why use physical business cards? Save trees and use Deet!
Parties/Clubs - "...Hey may i have your number?", "Sure. Deet Me!"