MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR REMOTE ACCESS (over internal corporate network)
• Remote access to iDRAC requires iDRAC7 (i.e. PowerEdge 12th Gen) or above
• Remote access to OpenManage Enterprise requires version 3.0 or above
• Remote access to OpenManage Essentials requires version 2.1 or above
Wireless and Mobility have become pervasive inside data centers. We are now leveraging these trends to simplify data center operations. Dell EMC OpenManage Mobile (OMM) is a software application that enables an IT Administrator to securely configure, monitor, and troubleshoot/remediate a Dell EMC PowerEdge server or an MX7000 chassis directly from a mobile device.
OpenManage Mobile can access and manage PowerEdge servers or MX7000 chassis either remotely (i.e. over internal corporate network) or from inside the data center (i.e. when an IT Administrator is physically present in front of server or a chassis). Following are the ways you can access servers or MX 7000 chassis:
• Remote into a server (iDRAC7, iDRAC8, or iDRAC9)
• Remote into a console (OpenManage Enterprise or OpenManage Essentials)
• At-the-server access to a PowerEdge 14th of 13th Gen server
• At-the-Chassis access to an MX7000 chassis and sleds
When connected through a console (OpenManage Enterprise or OpenManage Essentials), OMM can access Dell EMC Servers, Chassis, Storage, Networking, Firewall appliances and any other supported third party appliances that are being managed through this console.
For specific feature support on OpenManage Mobile, please visit Dell Tech Center at www.DellTechCenter.com/OMM
SUPPORT FOR AT-THE-SERVER MANAGEMENT
• Quick Sync 2 module for at-the-server access is available on PowerEdge 14th Gen rack and tower servers (R940, R940xa, R840, R740, R740xd, R640, R540, R440, R7425, R7415, R6415, and T640). For the latest list of supported hardware models, please contact a Dell Sales representative.
Quick Sync 2 module utilizes Bluetooth Low Energy and Wi-Fi to establish a secure connection between server and mobile device running OMM.
• Quick Sync bezel for at-the-server access is available on PowerEdge R730xd, R730, and R630 servers.
Quick Sync bezel utilizes NFC technology.
SUPPORT FOR AT-THE-CHASSIS MANAGEMENT
• Quick Sync 2 module for at-the-chassis access is available on Dell EMC PowerEdge MX chassis
Features depend on the type of access (Console or iDRAC) and the specific generation of server being accessed. For specific details or more information on OpenManage Mobile, please visit Dell Tech Center at www.DellTechCenter.com/OMM
KEY USE CASES – SUPPORT VARIES BY TYPE OF ACCESS AND SERVER GENERATION
• Get pro-active alert notifications automatically on your mobile device from OpenManage Enterprise or OpenManage Essentials console.
• Browse server or chassis details, health status, hardware & firmware inventory, networking details, and System Event or LC logs. Share this information easily with other IT Administrators.
• Power On, Shut down, or Reboot your server from anywhere.
• For “bare metal configuration,” assign IP address, change credentials, and update common BIOS attributes.
• Access SupportAssist Collection reports, Last Crash screen and video (PowerEdge 14th gen servers)
• Access Virtual Console securely (and reduce the need for crash carts).
• Run command-line routines (RACADM) from mobile device
For any questions, please send an email to OM_Mobile_Feedback@Dell.com