Please watch the youtube video first so that you understand how to use the app. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wosk0hvZpHI
How it works: Using your android device to take a picture, you are able to measure any object as long as an object of known length (reference point) is in the picture. A predefined list including coins and standard credit cards are listed to use as your reference point. If you do not have any of these objects, you can use the calibration page which displays a ruler on screen so that you can measure your reference point (for example a car key). Since you know the length of one object, you can easily determine the length of the unknown object. Tape measure automatically calculates the length of the object as you move!
Accuracy: The accuracy of this app is down to 1/32in standard and .1cm metric. As long as you are able to accurately point to the edges of objects, you will get a measurement as accurate as using a tape measure. In some cases, you will get even a more accurate reading than a ruler! The user is able to zoom in to accurately measure objects. Make sure that your picture is square with the object in order to get an accurate measurement.
Ease of use: Tape Measure! gives directions at every step of the process in order to ensure that the user gets an accurate reading and understands what to do. If you have any questions please feel free to email me. I will respond back ASAP.
Keywords: tape measure ruler distance length width
This range-finder (telemeter) can measure the Distance, Height, Width and Area of a target with your device by trigonometry.
Are you ready to measure? Just stand up and press the shutter. The important point is aiming your camera at the GROUND, NOT the object. (i.e In order to measure the distance from someone, aim at his shoes.)
If it is inaccurate, please read the instructions in this app or see the checklist diagram in the blog. The sensors on your phone can be changed according to OS version, firmware and battery status. You can calibrate it whit the calibrate menu and settings for yourself.
* Pro version added Features:
- Width and Area can be measured
- Portrait mode
- Camera Zoom
- Virtual Horizon
- No ads
* Now, 3 tools for distance were completed.
1) Smart Ruler (short, touch) : 1-50cm
2) Smart Measure (medium, trigonometry) : 1-50m
3) Smart Distance (long, perspective) : 10m-1km
* Do you want more tools?
Get [Smart Tools] package.
For more information, see the manual, Youtube video and the blog. Thank you.
** No internet support : You can open this app without any connection. After installation, open the app 2-3 times with your device connect to WI-FI or a 3G/4G connection.
A must have tool for accurate measurements and camera measure.
This android app performs remote, non-contact in plane measurements using Android phone or Android tablet. It uses the phone camera and any available object with known size as a reference. Most common reference objects like credit card, sheet of paper, DVD/CD, etc. are included in the application. Moreover you can use your own custom objects with known size to do camera measure.
If your friend or colleague is next to you, you don't need a ruler: use his height as a reference and measure objects around you.
Use the app in medical area: for example, to measure distance between pupils by holding a credit card next to your face.
Measure fish size very quickly and also you can load your pictures and measure all previous catch using your own height.
Length-Mode - measure and divide an object in certain ratio or mark length on the object using ratio ruler (slider).
FreeHand-Mode - measure an object in any direction and compare sizes to each other.
Angle-Mode - measure length, area and angle on an object in any direction and compare sizes to each other.
Area-Mode - area calculator, measure area of different shapes
Circle-Mode - measurements on circular objects: radius, arc, length, sector, area, angle.
In last version:
- distance in pixels screen / original image,
- pic load from Picasa, Drive, file browsers
- auxiliary lines in Free Mode
- scale grid, multiple rulers, add points on line in Area Mode, cycling through points, fractions
Measurement result in different units like meters, millimeters, centimeters, feet, inches based on user settings. It calculates dimensions of an object in relative units with respect to a reference
You have an option to make a snapshot of the camera view and work with a still camera measure image instead of live camera view or load picture from a photo gallery.
The App is useful to measure bigger distances on a plane, where a simple ruler or tape measure are difficult to apply. All you need to do is to place a reference object (credit card or sheet of paper) on the measurement plane, make sure that the object of interest fits into the camera view and take your measurement
Partometer can be handful if:
- moving in and need to measure size of your room quickly
- buying furniture and want to estimate its size
- measure baggage size
- when buying glasses and need to measure Pupillary Distance (PD)
- measure fabric or cloth area and size
- measure trees
- need to measure out some distances on objects (handcraft, woodcraft, etc.)
- outdoor and want to know size of a big object that practically impossible to measure with a ruler or tape measure. For example, you can measure height of a house using sheet of paper as a reference object.
- measure small objects just by placing them on A4 or Letter sheet
- measure or compare height of a person
- compare objects to each other
- measure angles, pitch gauge
- measure spark plug gap
- measure rectangle areas
- measure bearings, roller bearings, nuts, rings.
- measure any internal feature or free, irregular shape area on X-ray if you have a reference, useful for dentists
- metric and imperial units: meters, centimeters, millimeters, inches, feet
Features: flashlight, autofocus, Save/Share results.
Depending on conditions this measure app can achieve sub mm resolution
furniture, moving, room, decoration, pitch gauge, bearing, roller bearing, thread pitch gauge, dimension, engineer, construction, architect, real estate agent, feet, photo, size, wall, floor, plan, irregular shape area measure, picture, line, design, house, android tablet, telemeter, planimeter, area calculator, spark plug gap
Tape Measure Pro is an Android app, that measures distance using device’s camera and a target marker. The app recognizes the marker and shows the distance in real time.
***THIS APP REQUIRES A MARKER PRINTED ON A PAPER***
You can download and print the marker from here: http://studioiberia.es/android-apps/tape-measure-pro/marker/ (visit this page from your PC)
It's more like a laser rangefinder, than a simple tape measure, but requires a specific target (the marker).
It's very easy to use. Just point to the marker and see the distance.
It’s strongly recommended to try the free version of Tape Measure first before buying the PRO.
Some Sony/Sony Ericsson Xperia devices and some 3D devices(like the LG Optimus 3D) are not compatible with this app. If yours is one of these, do not buy the application. Or, if you have already bought it, you may request a refund, if the app doesn’t work.
If the camera reports correct values, Tape Measure Pro will work properly.
The only requirement for the user is to keep the marker centered on the screen and visible enough to be recognized by the app.
*By default the zoom is disabled. You can switch it to manual or automatic mode.
Some devices tested with a 10cm marker and Full Zoom
HTC One - 7 m (23 ft)
Samsung Galaxy S3 - 6 m (20 ft)
Samsung Galaxy S - 7 m (23 ft)
Some devices report wrong zoom values. The “Fixed” option is to try to fix those values. If yours shows wrong distance, choose this option.
If after applying the fix your device still shows wrong distance, just disable the Zoom in the settings. The range of measure will decrease, but the distance will be correct.
In the future there will be more methods for less compatible devices.
If you have any questions, please, contact me by email or website.
- Work in and convert between dimensions: feet-inch-fractions, inch fraction, yards, decimal feet (10ths, 100ths), decimal inches and metric (m, cm, mm)
- Calculate weight and weight per volume
- Calculate instant solutions for circle area, circumference, arcs
- Calculate Length, Width, and Height keys solve for linear, area, volume and perimeter dimensions
- Use this calculator to reduce expensive errors when estimating dimensions, costs and materials
Dimensional Math and Conversions
• Feet-Inch-Fraction, Inch Fraction, Yards
• Decimal Feet (10ths, 100ths), Decimal Inches
• Preset Fractions (1/2" through 1/64")
• Full Metric Conversions (m, cm, mm)
• D.M.S. to Decimal Degree Conversions.
Dedicated Functions Help You Measure and Calculate:
o Yards, Miles
o Decimal Feet/Inch
o Millimeters, Centimeters, Meters
o Feet, Inch, Yards, Acres, Miles
o Millimeters, Centimeters, Meters
o Square and Cubic
o Feet, Inch, Yards, Miles
o Millimeters, Centimeters, Meters,
o Pounds, Tons
o Metric Tons, Kilograms
• Weight per Volume
o Tons per Cubic Yard
o Pounds per Cubic Yard
o Pounds per Cubic Feet
o Metric Tons per Cubic Meter
o Kilograms per Cubic Meter
Special Calculator Functions
• Entry Editing Backspace Key – with a swipe of a finger
• Cost per Unit: Solve unit cost and pricing
• Paperless Tape
• Board Feet
• Memory function
• User-Definable Preferences — set custom options: Fractions, Area, Volume, Metric, Degrees.
For Designers, Craftsmen, Tradespersons, Fabricators, Woodworkers and Technicians
This is useful for measurement of land, buildings and other facilities and structures, topographic and other measurements.
It is possible to remember the results of several measurements.
The application uses satellite positioning system to determine the position of the points of measurement, therefore the accuracy and other characteristics depend on the sensitivity and accuracy of satellite positioning module smartphone.
The application no contains advertising!
ON Measuring Tape is special designed to measures the dimension of objects that are larger and longer than your device's screen size. You can also use our free apps, ON 2D-CameraMeasure or ON 3D-CameraMeasure to measure large object in more advance and professional way. For object that smaller than the device's screen size, ON Ruler is recommended.
Using ON Measuring Tape is very intuitive and easy. You just need to click on the screen with your finger and move the device with another hand repeatedly from the start point to the end point of measured object, then take the reading. This measuring tape has unlimited tape length, you can also switch the length unit between metric and inches.
For perfect accuracy, you will be requested to do calibration at the first time you open the application. Calibration need to be carried out only one time per installation.
With ON Measuring Tape, now you always bring a tape measure with you as in your smart phone.
★ Unlimited tape length
★ Measurement unit: Inch and millimeter
★ Show both inches and metric tape in single view
★ Show start line and end line for guidance
★ Lock/Unlock screen
★ Instant reset
★ Easy calibration (Only one time)
★ Customizable theme, line color, text color, text size
★ Simple & smart user interface design
★ Keep screen awake
For more details information about how to use the app, please refer User Guide in this app.
ON Measuring Tape is a free length measuring tool on android. We hope this free app can help you to save time and simplify your measuring works. If you have any comments, suggestions or questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!!
EasyMeasure™ shows the distance to objects seen through the camera lens of your iPhone or iPad. Simply aim your iPhone/iPad to any object in your surroundings, and EasyMeasure displays the distance towards that object on top of the camera image. With its amazing 3D camera overlay grid, using EasyMeasure is very intuitive and easy!
Find out how far it is towards that boat at the other side of the lake. Measure how tall buildings are. Use the app as a golf-aid. Measure your friend's height. The possibilities are endless!
How does it work? EasyMeasure uses the height of the camera lens and its tilt angle to calculate the distance to the object. A comprehensive animated tutorial on how to use EasyMeasure is included.
-User friendly interface with Retina Display Graphics and 3D engine
-Measures distance, height and width of objects!
-Includes the possibility to calibrate your device for most accurate results!
-Supports Metric and Imperial units.
-Tutorial to explain the measurement procedure.
-Switch on flashlight for measurements in the dark
NOTE: Measurements taken with EasyMeasure are not as accurate as measurements taken with standard tools. Do not use EasyMeasure for construction or other uses where inaccurate measurements could cause personal injury or property damage.
- Telemeter Tool: quick remote distance estimation without reference objects using only a camera measure.
- SpiritLevel3D Tool: distant object alignment and tilt measurement using a camera.
- Lines Tool: vertical and horizontal reference lines, that can be used for horizontal or vertical object alignment and tilt elimination.
- Augmented Compass Tool: orientation detection in the room or space for better room planning, angle measurements, electromagnetic interference and metal detection.
- Angle Tool: measure and mark angles in vertical and horizontal planes.
- Calibration Tool: calibrate your phone before measurements.
- Unit Converter: convert results into different length or area units.
- Detailed help
The distinctive feature of the Telemeter Tool is two options:
Choose Hand-Mode when the exact height of the camera is unknown and you are on the ground holding the device in you hands.
Enter your height and smart algorithm estimates the camera height. You don't need to enter the exact camera height, as required in other applications. Since you know your height exactly, you can start measurements immediately. This is an advantage of using Hand-mode. This mode requires to hold and move your camera as shown in measurement guide that is included in the app.
If the exact height of the camera from the ground is known, Stand-Mode is to be used.
Stand-mode doesn't make any assumption about your position. Exact camera height leads to more accurate measurement results. You can use this mode in different situations or build your own camera measurement setup.
Measurements can be conducted in metric and imperial units: feet, meters, inches. Angles are measured in degrees.
With the Telemeter you can measure:
- distance from you (observer) to an object
- distance between points in direction 'from an observer'
- distance between two points in a plane
- object dimensions (depth, height, width, length)
- height from the ground level
- height of big objects or a person
- angles between planes (e.g. between two walls)
- angles between two orientations in the space
- angles in horizontal or vertical planes
You can also use Telemeter for:
- object alignment
- tilt measurement or elimination, pitch gauge
- checking orientation in space (cardinal directions)
- electromagnetic interference and metal detection
- marking a plane for object placement (e.g. a wall for pictures and shelves mounting)
Please try also Partometer - camera measure App, that uses common reference objects for measurements.
For long distance you can try Distance2Meter - camera measure that uses motion for distance measurement. You can measure distances in hundred meters range with good accuracy.
If you enjoy using this app, please take a moment to share your experience and rate it.
Thank you for your support!
Photo Ruler is designed to accurately determine the size of any object by either taking a picture of it or measuring it on the screen. With its simple user-friendly design Photo Ruler allows you to measure things just as conveniently and precisely as with a traditional ruler or tape measure.
How to use:
Firstly, please ensure that the object you wish to measure and the object of known length (Base Item) are in the same picture. Double tap on screen to call settings. There is a predefined list of Base Items, including Debit/credit card and Quarter. Select the one you have. It is advised to use the Base Item which is closest in size to the object you wish to measure.
Secondly, ensure that the Base Item and the object you wish to measure are in the same plane and the camera is (or was) parallel to them. This is necessary to avoid image distortions caused by the camera perspective.
Align the Blue arrows against the Base item and Green arrows against the object you want to measure. The length of the object is shown in the top left corner of the screen.
Use screen as a traditional ruler. You can measure size of a small object by placing it on the device's screen and adjusting line limiters against the object. The size of the object will be show at the bottom of the screen automatically. If you see that ruler’s scale is visually stretched/ shrunken, you can reset calibration manually. On-screen ruler can be calibrated using different Base Items, including Debit/credit card or coin. Double tap on screen to call settings.
Given that you have accurately aligned markers, you will receive a measurement that is as precise as when using a traditional ruler or tape measure.
It can measure actual size.
Galaxy S3, Galaxy S4, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note2, Galaxy Note3... Galaxy series has been optimized for the device.
Please note that some devices can not measure the actual size.
Cause some devices not use android standard density and resolution.
*** NOTE ***
GPS receiver needs a clear path to a GPS
satellite. This means that GPS receivers are unlikely to work indoors, and may even have problems outside in areas where the sky is not visible (such as dense forests). Additionally, because multiple GPS satellites are needed to produce location information.
Objects that obstruct a GPS signal may cause the signal to be refl ected before it reaches the GPS receiver.
GPS signals that are refl ected off of objects
have a different path from the GPS satellite to the GPS receiver and cause the distance calculation to be erroneous. These types of errors are called multipath errors and can cause the location to appear to jump from one place to another. This is often seen in urban areas where GPS signals frequently bounce off of tall buildings.
*Not for indoor use.
*Not for measuring small distances.
*Not for measuring a curved path.
*GPS is only accurate to within several meters. Even under ideal conditions, an error of 5 meters is common.
- Snapshot feature is available in order to make your marking and measurements more comfortable and to achieve more precise results
- Result of measurements is shown in common units like millimeters, centimeters, meters, inches, feet, yards
- Result in your "steps" can be shown as well
- No reference object is needed for measurements
- No constrains on camera position and motion
- Partially visible object can be used for measurements also (no requirements for complete object visibility in the camera view)
This App can be useful for outdoor and sport activities: golf, hiking, traveling, etc., where quick estimation of the distance to objects is needed.
The measurement range of this App depends on the "Motion-Mode" settings in App Preferences. It can be used in wide range of distances and right choice of Motion-Mode in particular situation can lead to very accurate results. Motion-Mode can be defined in steps or in selected measurement units.
This App complements the series of our tools that uses a phone camera for remote non-contact measurements.
Object dimension and distance measurements with mm-accuracy are covered with Partometer App. It can be used as a ruler or tape measure. This app uses reference object. Choice of this object defines the range of measurements: from mm and up.
For middle distance range, from cm to tens of meters, Telemeter App is used. It allows you to estimate remotely object Length, Height, Width and Depth without a reference object just using your camera. In addition Telemeter has other useful tools for object alignment, orientation detection, etc., that you can use while moving or during indoor and outdoor activities.
Thank you for your downloads and support!
keywords: android, android tools, camera measure, distance and steps measure
1. Various measuring method : Gravity Sensor, Camera, Touch screen and Acceleration Sensor.
2. Calibration : Calibration function makes easy and accurate measure when measuring angle with sensor.
1. Ruler Mode
1) Use screen ruler as normal ruler.
2) Get exact length by touching screen.
2. Measuring Tape Mode
1) Set parallel measured object and device.
2) Drag device with screen touch.
3) do 2) several times and read measured value.
3. Rate of Length Mode
1) Set hair cross to fit on measuring object.
4. Sweep Mode
1) Screen touch.
2) Sweep to arrow direction.
3) Release screen like Drag and Drop on PC.
4) If measured length has big error, please put your Device on a flat and measure based surface then touch the screen for 2 sec and menu->Calibration.
5. Distance Mode
1) Setup your height Menu->Setup.
2) Hold your device on eye-level and center of cross-hair on screen indicates bottom of object.
3) Read distance on screen.
1. Can be a tolerance caused by sensor accuracy of device.
2. Each Mode has optimized measuring range as
Ruler Mode : 0~7cm (depends on screen size)
Sweep Mode : 0.1~1.5m
Distance Mode : 1~30m
3. Please use with protection wrap or case, especially Sweep Mode.
It measures distances larger than 100 ft / 30m with good accuracy and uses metric or imperial units.
Odometer only: When you have finished a walk you can press the envelope button to email it as an attachment to yourself and view it with Google Earth. You might even want to save every walk you record.
When you use the odometer, you can hold it in your hand or chest pocket or back pocket. This is an advantage compared to a pedometer, whose accuracy depends much on where they are placed on the body. Pedometer sensitivity must also be set in order for it to work at all. GPS meters, like this one, only require a good GPS reception. This means that they work well outdoors, everywhere except in tunnels and caves.
Here is a list of use cases for this app.
- You are out walking with your children and you want to see how fast they can run 100 meters. You start this app on your Android and measure 100 meters. Then you use the Android's stopwatch to time the runs.
- You want to measure the distance from where you stand, along a straight line to an object. The object may be obscured completely by a building.
- You want to measure the length of a boundary.
- You want to measure walking distance to school and how long it takes.
- You want to measure how far you've cycled and how long it took.
- You want to measure the exercise track's actual length.
This app together with the GPS receiver in your Android is ideal for these measurements.
Other use cases:
- You want to measure the width of a river or lake. Put MegaTape in tape measure mode and wait for good GPS reception. Start measuring and sit in the car. Drive over the bridge that is perhaps a kilometer away and drive to the other side of the river, and read the measuring tape.
- You want to measure the amount of fishing line on your reel. Put the reel in neutral, put the app in tape measure mode and wait for good GPS reception, grab the line and go.
- You want to measure your walkie-talkie's range in the area. Put the app in tape measure mode and wait for good GPS reception. Start measuring while holding contact with someone with the other walkie-talkie, until it disappears in the noise, and then read the tape measure.
Used for easy measure of small and medium sized objects: boxes, paintings and such.
Need to know if it will fit and dont have a measurement tape or a ruler? use this great app.
Add notes, Take a picture and share it with all your friends.
This lite version is limited to 8 inch and 20cm ruler.
Please buy full app for unlimited measurment tape length.
How to use:
First, place the phone next to the object you’d like to measure.
Second, touch on the edge of the measurement tape.
Third, move your phone while your finger stays in place.
Repeat and measure
Simple screen lock via widget.
No unwanted lock-screens, no settings, effects, animations and no sounds.
Simply locks the screen.
Most useful for devices with broken power button (Nexus one).
To uninstall the app:
First you must disable it from the app main screen or from Security->Administrator on your device settings.