Some of the great features:
★ Fast scanning in background (you can close the app till it finishes scanning)
★ Files categorization
★ Files preview
★ Largest files on the top of the list
★ And more ...
SDCard is a shared place where applications can save their data. It's often full of big files that are not needed anymore. Please be careful, deleted files can't be restored. Your phone can have more than one SD Card (some new phones have internal and also external SDCards).
This app can be used as:
Memory cleaner, SD card cleaner, large files finder, big files finder, storage optimizer, storage cleaner.
If you have any comments or suggestions please let us know :)
Please note that internet connection is needed only for the ads.
Nobody is perfect and Android neither.
Apps you have already deleted, sometimes leave data behind.
The system constantly creates logs, crash reports and debug files you don't really need.
Your SD-card is collecting files and directories you don't recognize.
Lets not go on here...
Why not get a maid to clean it all up?
SD Maid will help you keep your device neat, clean and tidy :-)!
Give it a try, you won't find a more thorough cleaning tool!
Choose a tab, press start and then either click a single item to delete or press the clean all button. It's just that easy.
There are various features available:
* Explorer is a full fledged filemanager, use it to crawl through your Androids files.
* You can use the Searcher if you know what file you are looking for.
* The CorpseFinder searches your device for orphaned items and compares those to the list of installed applications.
* AppControl lets you freeze, reset and remove applications (even system apps).
* The SystemCleaner scans your device and filters directories which contain unnecessary files. You an even create your own filters!
* You can optimize and shrink bloated databases to speed up access and free space.
* View your biggest files and find out what is hogging all the space.
* Find files that have been modified in the last X minutes.
A few additional features as well as comfort and convenience functions can be unlocked by buying and installing the unlocker (SD Maid Pro).
SD Maid is constantly being developed and designed very carefully.
Due to the vast amount of Android devices SD Maid might not work perfectly on your device, in that case I would appreciate it if you give me a chance to fix it by contacting me.
If you have questions or concerns send me a mail (firstname.lastname@example.org). I usually respond quite quickly and will happily help you out.
Obtaining SD Maid from unofficial sources puts your device at risk.
A big thanks goes out to all the beta testers @ http://sdmaid.darken.eu/beta who helped me improve SD Maid v3.
I would also like to thank all the volunteers @ http://sdmaid.darken.eu/translation that made SD Maid accessible to non english speaking users by translating it.
An unfinished help document is avaiable here:
SD-Booster speeds up your external and internal SD-Card(s) and SD-Memory up to 40 times! Enjoy a new feeling of speed on your Android smartphone anytime and everywhere you are.
Starting apps, listing to your favorite music or just swapping data with your PC ? Whatever you do, the SD-Booster improve your phone speed!
SD-Booster needs root permission to run, otherwise SD-Booster can't do anything!
SD-Booster is the only app which supports each card separately!
-MMC detection framework to support any SD-Card and SD-Memory
-Speedup every external and internal SD-Memory
-Configure each SD-Card/SD-Memory separately (New!)
-Set on system start (boot) feature
-Device monitoring (New!)
-Notification system (New!)
-Color based suggestion terms of current cache size
-Multi-Language support (New!)
PLEASE don't move SD-Booster to your SD-Card, otherwise SD-Booster doesn't work on boot!
New permission read/write SD-Card will be used for the upcoming speedtest (version 2.1).
New permission ACCESS_SUPERUSER is used by SuperSU
SD-Booster is now released under the GPL! Sources can be found on Github.
If you like to work on with me or just want to take a look it's possible now. :-)
Supported languages (so far): EN,DE,ES,FR,SK,SI,PL,IT,HU,CZ,CN,SR,ID,CR
If you missing your language and want to do a translation, please send me an e-mail.
Icons and logo by Jozef Kruszynski (Doktaphex/XDA)
Khairul Agasta (ID)
Gojko Pavasovic/rakijaman (SR/XDA)
Andres Valverde/zeratos (ES/XDA)
Daniel Mehrmann (DE)
Daniel Mehrmann (EN)
• Move apps to SD card
• Move apps to phone internal storage
• Sort app by movable, name, size and time
• User can custom [Install time] [Package name] [Apk path] to show in list
• Show app details: size, install time, package, apk path.
• Open app
• Search in market
• Search in website by apk name, package name, app name
If we granted root permission, we can move multi-app in one click, and can move almost all apps installed.
If you get "Sdcard share the same disk with os", means that Android os set up ***default*** SD card and system partition in one disk, So we can't move apps from system to default SD card, cause they are in the same disk.
Get ROOT access users can clean up temporary files in the system, such as system logs, crash reports, cache, logs.
Password Manager, Text Encryption and File Encryption are integrated in the all-in-one solution.
● Password Vault: Store and manage all passwords, PINs, and notes in one secure place protected by one master password. Import/Export function is available (compressed, fully encrypted .pwv file format or unencrypted, editable .xml file format).
● Text Encryptor: Keep your messages, notes and other texts safe from unintended readers. Use the internal database or just copy/paste to/from your favorite applications. A password is set for the current encryption/decryption session, and you may have an unlimited number of passwords for any purpose (notes, emails, social networking, communication with persons A, B, C, ...).
● File Encryptor: Securely encrypt your private and confidential files or whole folders. Wiping (secure delete) feature is included.
● Other Utils: Password Generator, Clipboard Cleaner, Algorithm Benchmark, ...
● Everything is encrypted using strong encryption algorithms: AES (Rijndael) 256bit, RC6 256bit, Serpent 256bit, Blowfish 256bit/448bit, Twofish 256bit, GOST 256bit + Threefish 1024bit (for S.S.E. Pro Version) ciphers are available.
● Minimal permissions. No ads.
❖ Cross-platform desktop versions (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, ...) of the Text Encryptor and File Encryptor are available on: http://www.paranoiaworks.mobi
❖ Paranoia Text Encryption for iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod) is available.
● This software is Open Source project – we have nothing to hide, so you can have securely hidden everything you need.
(as open source, this software is published under TSU - §740.13(e) encryption export license exception)
● If you notice any problems with this application, you are welcome to contact us via email. Comments do not allow us to communicate to you properly - so it's hard to help you.
★ KitKat (Android 4.4) users FAQ
Issue: File Encryptor sub application - External SD Card is read only - message: EACCESS (Permission denied).
Answer: Android 4.4 does not allow write access to the external SD card to any app except for preinstalled apps (preinstalled by device, or system image manufacturer). We can do absolutely nothing about this issue. The only solution is to root your device and change permissions (for example: http://technofaq.org/posts/2014/04/fixing-external-sd-card-write-issue-on-android-kitkat ) or upgrade to Android 5.
Alternatively - Create the following directory (on your external SD card):
The app should have write permissions in this folder.
This application works with your device filesystem, including filesystem on internal device memory and/or SD cards. If you don't know what the filesystem is, where the device's camera stores photos and where the Gallery application searches your photos/media files, and you don't have any experience with a file manager, please don't use this application.
In Android KitKat is not legally possible to write files to any location on external SD card. So the functionality of the app limits to internal storage on KitKat. If you have a rooted device you can try a fix: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nextapp.sdfix
Please note that "Send to SD card" cannot send applications to SD card by itself. It can only save files which are sent by another applications.
For details see http://code.google.com/p/sendtosd-android/wiki/FAQ
How to use:
* Choose "Send" or "Share" menu item in any application
* Choose "SD card"
* Choose any folder on SD card
* Tap "Copy here"
You can easy:
* Organize your photos.
* Organize your files.
Poke around the Android section of the Internet and you’ll hear something similar. Users are in an uproar because they updated their phone to Android 4.4 KitKat, and now the SD card support has changed. Apps no longer work, folks have problems with cameras and music players, and while everyone else is saying “Oh, yeah. That’s how it works now,” nobody warned them in advance before they grabbed that update. (By Jerry Hildenbrand posted on Android Central March 12, 2014)
If the above description suits your situation, this patch is born to save you!
Google has modified the default permissions for the external SD Card on Android 4.4 KitKat, which directly caused many of your favorite third parity apps lose read/write access to external SD card and became useless.
Problem you may have for third party apps after the KitKat Update:
* File Manager app can no longer create, move or edit files or folders on external sdcard
* Camera, Music or Video app can no longer save files to external sdcard or edit your media file saved on ecternal storage
* Previous paid or free app/game data saved on sdcard can no longer work or be accessed
* WiFi syncing to SD card is blocked
* Move apps to sdcard is blocked
* many other problems
Here we are providing a FREE, SIMPLE, and Ads-free app which helps you magically restore all your previous access to external SD card. Once this patch in installed on your phone, the third party apps can run nornal as before.
1. This app requires Root Access and must grant Superuser Permission to use. (If your device is not rooted, please Google your device model root method and apply.)
2. We cannot recommend or give you direct methods to root your device, since root method varies from devices.
3. Please make sure you are having problem of reading external SD card on KitKat, or this app cannot help you with anything
4. Please make sure you have an external SD card (removable storage) on your device, for example, Samsung S 4. If you are using Nexus, then you do not need to install this app.
5. As is generally the case with all root modifications, you need to take all risk by yourself.
6. File Expert, the powerful file manager, has updated to support most devices on KitKa. Please have a try.
7. This patch may not work on device which runs unofficial OS( By unofficial OS means OS not developed by Google or your device provider, since the unofficial OS has changed Android default settings)
8. This patch may not work on all the Android devices running on Android 4.4 KitKat. If it does not work please just uninstall. We are working on to support more devices.
If you do not understand or vague about what happened to your Android after update to KitKat, please look through the following info carefully.
KitKat and SD cards — what's fixed, what's broken and what's misunderstood: (http://www.androidcentral.com/kitkat-sdcard-changes)
External Blues: Google Has Brought Big Changes To SD Cards In KitKat, And Even Samsung Is Implementing Them
Note 3: KitKat update disabling use of external micro SD Card (http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-3/364683-note-3-kitkat-update-disabling-use-external-micro-sd-card.html)
If you have any questions about this problem, please feel free to contact us.
Thanks for all your support.
Keyword: external sdcard, KitKat, Android 4.4, secondary external SD Cards, external storage, KitKat update, expandable storage, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S4, write to sdcard, access to sd, micro SD, third party app, third party apps, Android 4.4.2 KitKat update, SD fix, KitKat External SD Card Patch, Kitkat issue
* User can select where to write the test file.
* User can define the size of the test file.
Application will write a test file and read it back testing it's content.
It will test the speed and the storage capacity. Useful to check for a damaged or fake card.
Some cards claim to be 32 GB but are in fact less. These cards are fake. Use this app to find out if yours is a fake one or not. Just set the test file size to the max size available and start the test.
Read the instructions at the beginning.
This app will help you know if the card is defective or not, as sometimes bad SD cards are unmounted/mounted in the background and you are unaware of it, which is causing the "Media" process to scan the card every time the card is mounted, hence consuming the battery significantly.
If by any chance you saw this notification: "sd card removed unexpectedly", I recommend to install this app and monitor how many times it has been mounted/remounted in the background.
Also if you noticed the "Media" process is eating your battery, give it a try too.
Please note that everytime the you restart yout phone, you will see 1 unmount and 1 eject in the counts and in the logs, so this is a normal Android behavior and NOT a bad SD card.
Mobile Optimizer is a FREE Android app that can help clear unwanted apps and back up important ones, free up your phone's and sd card storage, boost memory and enhance phone speed.
If your android device running slow you can easily speed up your android device with Mobile Optimizer.
☆ Features of Mobile Optimizer:
● MEMORY BOST
✓ Free up memory (RAM) and enhance speed.
● CLEAR JUNK FILES
✓ Delete junk cache files, free up storage space and improve phone performance.
● APP MANAGER
✓ Backup your apps, remove unwanted apps
● PRIVACY CLEANER
✓ Protect your privacy by cleaning Browser History, SMS/MMS messages, Call Log, Clipboard Data
● BATERRY LIFE TIPS
✓ Extend your phone's battery life
Get huge games to external SD(micro SD) and work fine.
So you can easily move the game data files to external SD card and solve the problems that internal SD space is too small.It also applies to other games data to external SD, such as gun bros, Dungeon Defenders.
Users can customize the mounted folder in setting.Must wait for data loading is complete, and set the folder with the corresponding app.It can be used in exceptional folder or navigation, etc.
How to use and please Note:
Only root required.
1.For new user,using "move data" function move your game data to external SD.
(Android/data folder is moved to "external path/data" ,gameloft/games folder is moved to "external path/games",and Android/obb is moved to "external path/obb" folder in the SD card)
2.Run this program.It lists games and click 'open' to play.
3.For old version(v1.x.x). If you wanted see other games (not gameloft)
,press Menu->Click "Setting"->Check "/sdcard/Android"->back to list.
4.If you want to click the desktop icon to execute or update from PlayStore,You need to uncheck "unmount when leave" in app setting and click mount.
5.Press and hold can remove game item.
6.If you flashed new rom or updated and "GL to SD" didn't work,please clear the data of "GL to SD".
7.Note that this app is not compatible with other mount app or script, for this would interfere with each other and causing the unmount timeout.
Support Android 4.2 above from version 2
last old version
If you have any questions, email developer rather than to the star.
Problem about "mount /unmount timeout".
Just click twice.
If you use sony device,you need to flash remount-reboot fixer.
Feature for Pro users:
Add slots of "custom folder" to 100.
Mount at boot.
Check and delete duplicate files in internal memory.
Support for developer to modify and improve this app.
**Limited to the core of each phone set different, each phone have encountered can not guarantee normal operation.
If not executed, please return your phone's models and ROM versions, have the opportunity to add in the new version.
**When you want to connect to the computer as a USB hard drive, remember to unmount(or check auto unmount).
**If you are willing to translate into your native language, please send an email to the developer.
Sometime your device memory full and you need to free some space without deleting any data or application. Then you need to move your application or application data from internal memory to SD card.
So using this application you can move your full application or application data from internal memory to SD card and free your valuable internal memory space.
An Application Mover application through you moves your important data phone to SD card and SD card to your phone.
This an small utility app to fix write access error in Internal SdCard. This problem occurs in KitKat firmwares mainly on restoring nandroid backup. Consequences is, files won't get saved in int- sdcard.
To fix this, just tap on Fix me button in the app. This will restore the functionality of sdcard back to normal. If you still couldn't fix the error, tap on Download button to download an additional file fixer. You will be notified once the download is finished. All this process is automatic, so you don't need to manually manage the downloaded file.
Android 4.4 KitKat removes your ability to write files to the MicroSD card (on phones/tablets that have both internal memory and user-installed MicroSD cards). NextApp SDFix restores this ability by modifying a configuration file. As this app changes a system configuration file, it requires root access.
WARNING! PLEASE READ BEFORE INSTALLING:
* THIS APP REQUIRES ROOT ACCESS. IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS, PLEASE DO NOT INSTALL THE APP.
* This app is used to change a device configuration file.
* Please read this entire app listing for a description of exactly what this app does to determine if it is appropriate for your device and/or custom ROM.
* This app is designed to solve a specific problem. If you don't have that problem, don't install this app.
* This app is only useful on devices that have a user-installed MicroSD card. If you have a Google Nexus device or other device without a MicroSD card that you physically installed yourself, then this app isn't going to be helpful.
* This app is likely only useful if you have a stock ROM. If you're running an aftermarket ROM like Cyanogenmod, then there is no reason to install this app (good aftermarket ROMs don't suffer from the problem that this app corrects).
* NO WARRANTY: as is generally the case with all root modifications, you assume all risk by using this software.
* As with any root modification, ensure you have the knowledge to fully restore your device to stock if required.
[ About MicroSD Cards in Android 4.4 / KitKat ]
When Google released Android 4.4, they specified that applications you download can no longer write to user-installed MicroSD cards. Apps can still write to internal flash storage. Some devices (like Google Nexus devices) only have internal storage, and are unaffected. Other devices (e.g. Samsung Galaxy and Note devices) have the ability to expand their storage space by installing a MicroSD card. When KitKat is installed on such devices, apps are limited to only being able to manipulate files on the built-in storage, with write-access to the MicroSD card being restricted.
This change represents a removal of functionality compared with Android 4.3. 4.3 allowed apps to write to the MicroSD card, as did prior versions.
The limitation introduced in KitKat does not affect the capabilities of preinstalled apps, only apps you choose to install. Apps preinstalled by Google, your device manufacturer, and your carrier still have this ability. Only apps that you choose to install are restricted.
[ Technical Details ]
NextApp SDFix will modify the configuration file located at /system/etc/permissions/platform.xml to allow apps to write to the MicroSD card. Specifically, SDFix will add the Android UNIX group "media_rw" to the WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission's configuration. This will enable apps (only those that you granted write access permissions to when you installed them) to write files to the MicroSD card. On many devices, this is effectively reverting the state of this permission back to the way it was configured in Android 4.3. This modification is carried out by modifying the existing XML file, rather than replacing it.
A backup of the original configuration file will be saved at /system/etc/permissions/platform.xml.original-pre-sdfix (provided one does not already exist). Reverting this modification can be accomplished by using a root -enabled file manager to replace the /system/etc/permissions/platform.xml file with the backed up version.
[ Additional Information ]
This app is free and has no advertisements (with the exception of links to other NextApp apps when it completes its task).
--- Please do not contact me with requests for information on how to obtain root access on your device. The process is different for every device, and often requires technical expertise to install. ---
users: If you have problems updating, please read the section "NOTICE" below!
File Manager allows you to browse your SD card, create directories, rename, copy, move, and delete files. It also acts as an extension to other applications to display "Open" and "Save" dialogs.
NOTICE TO CYANOGENMOD USERS or derived ROMs: If you see this error "package file was not signed correctly", then you are using a custom build of CyanogenMod or similar that ships a version of OI File Manager with wrong signature. Please write to CyanogenMod to fix this issue. To delete the wrong version do the following:
Alternatively, you can also uninstall with Titanium Backup, reboot, then install the update.
- add tool box:"task manager" "app uninstaller" "wallpaper slideshow"
- bug fixes
- fix bug that prevented sending attachments through menu "Send"
- new menu item for multiselect: copy, move or delete multiple files at once.
- case insensitive sort order (issue 334).
- handle projections in the provider (issue 324).
- drop "mimetype" from provider path.
- delete files and folders in background (issue 294).
- new application icon for Android 2.0 or higher.
- exclude/include directories from media scan (activate this feature in advanced settings).
- allow app installation on external storage (requires Android 2.2 or higher)
- fix browser file upload (issue 288)
- support Android 2.3.
- translations into various languages.
- bug fixes (issue 308, 318).