John Muir Trail Hiker use a combination of your phone's GPS, downloaded topo maps, and the Google Maps interface to accurately locate your position on the trail. No phone service? Not a problem -- your phone's GPS pinpoints your location on top of topo maps downloaded as part of the app.
A bright red line indicates the location of the main trail on the map. Side trails are indicated in blue. Waypoints of interest to the hiker are plotted on the map. There are also markers on the map every mile or kilometer of the trail track.
The elevation profile shows trail distance vs elevation and plots your current location on the trail. Each waypoint is plotted on the profile. Each waypoints is clickable, opening to the waypoint's detail page.
The guidebook lists every waypoint in order by distance along the trail.
Each waypoint includes a detail page, providing further details about that particular waypoint. Details include the waypoint's mileage point and elevation, photographs of the waypoint, distance northbound and southbound to the next water source, a Trail Register where you may post comments and read other users' comments, and other details that will help you during your hike, and help you plan your hike.
The types of waypoints include:
-->Water sources (including the reliability of each water source)
-->Tenting sites/camping sites
-->Parking areas along the trail
-->Picnic areas, campgrounds, ranger stations
-->Natural landmarks, such as mountain passes and meadows
-->Restaurants, stores, lodging
About the John Muir Trail: The John Muir Trail, or JMT, is revered as one of the most pristine and beautiful trails in the world. The 210.5 mile trail makes its way through the heart of the Sierra Nevada Range in Central California. Much of the trail is above 10,000 feet elevation and is quite steep, making this a rather difficult trail. Most hikers hike the JMT southbound, beginning at Happy Isles in Yosemite National Park, and ending at the summit of the highest peak in the "lower 48" -- Mt. Whitney. It takes about 2-3 weeks to hike the entire trail (some hikers are faster, some are slower). Many hikers complete the entire trail in one go, and countless others enjoy hiking a few miles along the trail via the many remote side trails that branch off the JMT.
Guthook's Guide to the PCT (5-part guide to the Pacific Crest Trail)
Tahoe Rim Trail Hiker
Mt. Whitney Guide
AT Hiker: Guthook's Guide (9-part guide to the Appalachian Trail)
Vermont's Long Trail Hiker
What are you waiting for? Download our app, and get hiking!
NOTE: If you do not have android version 3.0 or above, the MAP feature will not work.
1. This app requires no internet connection because all data is saved within the app. So it will work when you are in the mountains hiking!
2. Recommendation and nearby hikes are clickable and will redirect you to the specific hike.
3. Map button on the bottom of a hike detail page will show a map of the hike and your current location.
* If you have a meeting and want you colleagues to know when you arrive? Simply share your location and they can follow you till you’re there.
* The most heard question on telephone is: “Where are you?” Well, with TraceBuddy they already know, if you want them to.
* If you want to track where your kids are.
* If you are a truck driver and your boss wants to know where you are? Share your location during working hours! It’s that simple.
* Going on a holiday? Let your friends and family know where you are.
* Lost your phone? Find it on www.tracebuddy.com.
* Share your location based on your unique sharing profiles.
* You can schedule: ‘Always’, ‘once’, ‘recurring’, ’till reaching a specific location’ or ‘in a specific area’.
* Unlimited sharing profiles
* No GPS necessary in crowded areas so no battery drain
* Share your location with a secure link and your friends can view your location on www.tracebuddy.com.
* Track your friends locations within TraceBuddy app.
* No login necessary
Trace Buddy is the app for sharing your location with anybody even if they don't have a mobile device. No login necessary, no account, just install and go. Social Tracking made easy.
Your location is shared by a unique link on the TraceBuddy website. You can share the link with who you want. You have your app, they have the link to our website.
Trace Buddy is based on the philosophy that YOU decide WHO knows where you are. You decide WHEN somebody may view your location. And you decide WHERE to share your location and where not. AND not at least, you will remain anonymous.
Share your location with GPS or without using network information. Save battery power using accurate network positioning in crowded areas. No GPS, No drained battery.
You decide with who, when and where to share!
Did you lost your phone or is it stolen? Track on our website where your phone is located.
Is it secure?
YES! To share your location with others we store your data without any personal details. When you share your location with others, you share a link with your location without your details. You can also disable your share at any time. You are always in control!
Location sharing. Trace Track.
Currently containing only a hand full of church location for testing, this app aims to cover the whole of South Africa, and ultimately other countries, making it possible to locate the nearest SDA church to your current location.
Furthermore it uses google maps to then give you GPS directions to that nearest church!
Idea conceived by Khwezi Toni
We frequently witness and experience wasting valuable pieces of information collected during the trip without passing on to another travellers.
If the travel information can be collected at the individual and regional levels among various nations, the small economy can grow to larger economy.
In this context, trail development is a first step toward this goal.
Participants in this trail project can make a close relationship between people and love each other by way of looking into one another and studying tradition, habits and culture in this region.
Love feeling are another between boundaries will develop towards a higher living stage.
We hope that everybody can take advantage of the project.
-View Kilkenny’s best Food and Craft trail members from the “Taste of Kilkenny Food Trail” and “Made in Kilkenny Craft Trail”
-Explore the Trail Kilkenny walking trails with guided directions to the start and on-route features like local history articles, youtube videos and historical photographs
Trail Kilkenny was founded in 2007 with the objective of developing, managing and promoting a range of high quality walking, cycling and other leisure trails for the benefit of visitors and residents of County Kilkenny. Trail Kilkenny is a coming together of Kilkenny LEADER Partnership, Kilkenny County Council, Kilkenny Sports Partnership and local councilors and landowners. To date Trail Kilkenny has developed 9 looped walking trails, two cycling trails, a craft trail and a food trail. We have plans for a canoe trail, garden trail and a ghost trail.
Note: This App uses GPS and continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Trace My Steps is a GPS Path Logger with Web Site Access to the paths recorded.
This recorder will record in background if needed and uploads points on a map directly to your own web storage area, (or if no internet connection is available it will record points to you phone for later upload).
Recording of GPS position points.
Instant upload for access from Web.
Device storage if Web not available for later upload.
Background mode so recording does not stop for phone calls or other used programs.
Download of points in various formats.
From Lake Charles to the Gulf of Mexico, the Creole Nature Trail traverses more than 180 miles (including four wildlife refuges) in Southwest Louisiana. Outdoor adventures are the top draw, naturally. Oak cheniers and world-class bird and alligator populations are a natural wonder. Top-notch fishing, hunting, crabbing, boating, nature photography and other outdoor opportunities distinguish the Creole Nature Trail as a recreational paradise for all ages.
Through both audio and video content, the Creole Nature Trail is designed to bring to life this vast wilderness area. The hardy and extremely resilient people who choose to live in these wetlands. The wildlife, both land and aquatic, who thrive in this unique ecosystem, ultimately providing valuable food for the entire United States. The vast mineral resources and the underground pipeline systems which bring energy to the nation. And the almost yearly impact of hurricanes on a disappearing coastline.
For your ease and safety, the Creole Nature Trail Tour Experience is automatically activated based on your GPS coordinates regardless of whether you are driving or strolling out into the marshlands at several handicap accessible boardwalks.
Come on, experience Louisiana’s Outback via your own personal guide. Or, as we in south Louisiana like to say, Laissez les bon temps rouler! (Let the good times roll!)
This app is everything you need to hike The Waterloo-Pinckney Trail, located between Ann Arbor and Jackson, Michigan. The only backpacking trail in southeast Michigan, the "short" route is more than 50 km. This app actually includes 110 km of trails, so you can extend your hike well beyond 50 km just by adding extra loops from our list of suggested trails. Exploration Guides' Waterloo-Pinckney Trail gives you everything you need to make the most of your hike.
* Full, surveyed trail maps - 110 km!
* Suggested trails
* Favorite trail: pick a trail and it highlights on the map
* GPS navigation - includes the ultimate "You are here!"
* Electronic compass
* Camera integration: take pictures and send to email, FaceBook, and more
* Major points of interest, including Exploration Guides' custom web pages with all the information you'll need
* View maps with either the standard Google Maps view, or areal photography/satellite view
* Park your car, touch the screen, and your car appears on the map. Never lose your car again! (yes, you can use this outside the park, too!)
* Check current weather, or the 10-day forecast for the park
* Get turn-by-turn directions to the park with Google Navigation
We're all explorers. You just need the right guide!
In just five years, the number of Kentucky wineries has soared from 14 to more than 65 and counting. Visit a winery today and witness where rich heritage and modern winemaking converge for an experience that is uniquely Kentucky.
A product of
New West Agency,
950 Breckenridge Lane
Louisville, KY 40207
Useful to follow stored GPS routes for walking, riding horse, bicycle, motorcycle or 4wd driving.
Easy: just listen to the directions, without taking your attention off the road.
* Low battery consumption, because it does not use the screen and makes an efficient use of GPS
* Copilot: advises you before a bend, indicating left or right and sharpness.
* Warning when you are going off track or the wrong way
* Adjustable settings
* Supported formats: tracklogs in GPX or KML files (see how to download files properly below)
* Supports English, Catalan and Spanish
When cycling or motorcycling an amplifier or a volume booster application may be needed.
* When TrailGuide gives no direction, go strait ahead (even in crossroads)
* How to get GPX or KML files? Download them in a computer and copy them to the mobile or use the Opera Mobile browser for Android. The Android stock browser and others don't download properly (files with errors or empty files) from some websites.
* If you have problems opening files, enable “Force internal File browser” in “Settings” menu
* To increase the battery duration, disable Wifi and data connection.
If you have problems or suggestions, e-mail me.
Keywords: GPS, tracklog, GPX, KML, copilot, TTS.
This is the app you need to unleash your explorer’s spirit and come discover the natural wonders of Azores!
New safety feature - SOS:
- Sending SMS with your location (GPS coordinates)
- Direct calling to emergency numbers (112 or Civil Protection)
✓ Offline map (OpenStreetMap)
✓ All trails are available offline
✓ Distance, difficulty, duration and altitude of the trail
✓ Trail’s description and photos
✓ GPS trail on Google Maps or OpenStreetMap
✓ GPS pinpoints your position
✓ POI along each trail
✓ Recommended equipment
✓ Directions to get to the trail by car or public transportation
✓ Share trails in social networks
You can also:
- Browse the list or map
- Search by name, keywords or location of the trail
- Filter trails by distance, difficulty or location
* There are 20 trails available in São Miguel, Terceira, Pico, São Jorge, Faial and Flores Islands
* We will be adding new trails regularly
* Available in English, Portuguese, French and Spanish
Note: By downloading / updating / use / continue using this application you are agreeing to terms and conditions stated in the EULA (End User License Agreement).
Keywords: portugal, azores, açores, ponta delgada, são miguel, terceira, pico, guide, walks, hiking, trekking, tour, trail, routes, activities, map, holiday, accomodation, bus, wanderungen, wandelen, vandring, patikointi, retkeily, levadavandring, fotturer, vandreture, wandern, wanderung, escursioni, trekking, backpacking, backpack
The centre piece of the app is the Walking Trails. There are 6 interactive, geo-aware, annotated walking trails to choose from.
The app also includes details of retailers and businesses within Porlock and surrounding area along with an annotated map and A to Z guide.
Among many other features, this app also includes a What's On Guide.
More from developer
Trace My Trail is the best way to have yours and friend's trails at your service.
Free versione i developped for testing purpose and have the following restrictions:
- Not more than 5 POI each trail
- Not more than 3 trail is possible to save
FULL VERSION AVAILABLE AT THIS ADDRESS:
While you are following a track you can configure the app to advice you when you are near a Point Of Interest and this will give you the possibility to dont lose the elements of the trail like pictures, descriptions and information.
This is possible thanks to the built in feature that will alert you on each poi and each indication when you are in the same area of them.
MARK YOUR TERRITORY
Enjoy your hike, switch on the app, start recording and your trail will be tracked for future use. Add Point of Interest with description and photo, add indication sign to get the right path adding also picture to let understand better wich way take. Get Outside today rediscovering the ourdoors
SHARE YOUR TRAILS
Make your trails available to your friends or other people, in this way they can enjoy your same experience walking around.
You can share the full path with all images, texts and indications inside. When your friend will download it will keep the same images and descriptions
Let them to walk on your same path exploring and looking your points of interest and get a real guide that indicate the correct way using signs and images.
✓ Track your route with your phone’s GPS capability
✓ Add Point Of Interest shooting pictures from your phone's camera
✓ Share your adventure with your friends sending all the package of your outdoork hike
✓ Got audio alert for, not correct path, point of interest, way to take and more
✓ Save trips yours and others on your phone to use later
✓ Follow trips on interactive map while walking
✓ Configure your app to best fit your needs
✓ Use the app without connection tool