When planning you can:
- View the route overlayed on Google Maps Satellite view or Road Map view.
- Display the locations of essential facilities on top of the map, including hotels, hostels, B&Bs, campsites, restaurants, pubs, shops, transport links, etc.
- Display information about each facility, including links to the appropriate website for detailed information. So you can find the best accommodation options and link straight to their websites for contact details and booking.
- Display the locations of other points of interest, including local mountains and historic sites. Further information and links to websites are presented where appropriate.
- Display detailed information about the distance of each day's walk, including height ascended and descended. You can also pick any 2 points on the route and display the distance between them.
- Choice of miles or Km.
- Customise the segments of the route so that each day's walk is tailored for the distance you want to walk and the places you want to stay.
- Create and save your own favourite places on or close to the route, for example if you find accommodation that's not listed in the app itself.
When you come to walk the route, in addition to everything listed above, the app uses GPS positioning to allow you to:
- Display your current position on the map of the route.
- Pick any point on the route and display the distance to it from your current position.
You can also keep a diary as you walk the route:
- Your diary entries are tagged with the date, time and your GPS position.
- You can display your diary entries overlayed on the map of the route.
- You can send individual diary entries to your friends by email or SMS.
- You can also send your whole diary as an attachment to an email.
Watch out for future walking, hiking and trekking apps developed by Calton Hill Ltd. We intend producing guides for other National Trails, Great Trails, Long Distance Routes and other waymarked trails and recreational routes in the UK, England, Scotland, Wales, and Ireland. Please send us an email telling us which other routes you'd like us to cover.
Trace My Trail is the best way to have yours and friend's trails at your service.
Free versione i developped for testing purpose and as player. Have the following restrictions:
- Not more than 5 POI each trail
- Not more than 3 trail is possible to save
FULL VERSION AVAILABLE AT THIS ADDRESS:
While you are following a track you can configure the app to advice you when you are near a Point Of Interest and this will give you the possibility to dont lose the elements of the trail like pictures, descriptions and information.
This is possible thanks to the built in feature that will alert you on each poi and each indication when you are in the same area of them.
MARK YOUR TERRITORY
Enjoy your hike, switch on the app, start recording and your trail will be tracked for future use. Add Point of Interest with description and photo, add indication sign to get the right path adding also picture to let understand better wich way take. Get Outside today rediscovering the ourdoors
SHARE YOUR TRAILS
Make your trails available to your friends or other people, in this way they can enjoy your same experience walking around.
You can share the full path with all images, texts and indications inside. When your friend will download it will keep the same images and descriptions
Let them to walk on your same path exploring and looking your points of interest and get a real guide that indicate the correct way using signs and images.
✓ Track your route with your phone’s GPS capability
✓ Add Point Of Interest shooting pictures from your phone's camera
✓ Share your adventure with your friends sending all the package of your outdoork hike
✓ Got audio alert for, not correct path, point of interest, way to take and more
✓ Save trips yours and others on your phone to use later
✓ Follow trips on interactive map while walking
✓ Configure your app to best fit your needs
✓ Use the app without connection tool