Get Michigan Snowmobile Trail Condition Reports from the groomers on your smart phone. The Michigan Snowmobile Association's network of groomers is the best source of up to date trail information.
* Groomer's Report on trail conditions
* Time and date of reports
* Local weather
* Trail Maps (PDF) via links to the club sites
John Muir Trail Hiker use a combination of your phone's GPS, downloaded topo maps, and the Google Maps interface to accurately locate your position on the trail. No phone service? Not a problem -- your phone's GPS pinpoints your location on top of topo maps downloaded as part of the app.
A bright red line indicates the location of the main trail on the map. Side trails are indicated in blue. Waypoints of interest to the hiker are plotted on the map. There are also markers on the map every mile or kilometer of the trail track.
The elevation profile shows trail distance vs elevation and plots your current location on the trail. Each waypoint is plotted on the profile. Each waypoints is clickable, opening to the waypoint's detail page.
The guidebook lists every waypoint in order by distance along the trail.
Each waypoint includes a detail page, providing further details about that particular waypoint. Details include the waypoint's mileage point and elevation, photographs of the waypoint, distance northbound and southbound to the next water source, a Trail Register where you may post comments and read other users' comments, and other details that will help you during your hike, and help you plan your hike.
The types of waypoints include:
-->Water sources (including the reliability of each water source)
-->Tenting sites/camping sites
-->Parking areas along the trail
-->Picnic areas, campgrounds, ranger stations
-->Natural landmarks, such as mountain passes and meadows
-->Restaurants, stores, lodging
About the John Muir Trail: The John Muir Trail, or JMT, is revered as one of the most pristine and beautiful trails in the world. The 210.5 mile trail makes its way through the heart of the Sierra Nevada Range in Central California. Much of the trail is above 10,000 feet elevation and is quite steep, making this a rather difficult trail. Most hikers hike the JMT southbound, beginning at Happy Isles in Yosemite National Park, and ending at the summit of the highest peak in the "lower 48" -- Mt. Whitney. It takes about 2-3 weeks to hike the entire trail (some hikers are faster, some are slower). Many hikers complete the entire trail in one go, and countless others enjoy hiking a few miles along the trail via the many remote side trails that branch off the JMT.
Guthook's Guide to the PCT (5-part guide to the Pacific Crest Trail)
Tahoe Rim Trail Hiker
Mt. Whitney Guide
AT Hiker: Guthook's Guide (9-part guide to the Appalachian Trail)
Vermont's Long Trail Hiker
It shows maps, route tracks, shows the user’s position on the map, notifies Point of Interest and shows information related to predefined locations in different formats like text, image, audio and video. (Audio and video only in the premium version, text and images are available for the free version with some limitations).
- Choose between map layers
- Find routes with the search form, by clicking on the "binoculars" icon
- In the "routes" window (the camel icon), you can manage your stored routes, view and activate them. Clic on the route name to access the summary of the route contents.
Ulugh accesses the routeyou.com database to search and download routes from your own smartphone among thousands of routes throughout the world.
Ulugh is an advanced application that depends on its contents, spend a little time to understand it and you will get fun in return. We recommend you to read the manual at www.ulugh.com or through the "help" button in your Ulugh.
Once installed click on the binoculars to find routes. Create your own www.routeyou.com routes, share them if you want and use them on your Android Phone with Ulugh.
Do not forget to set the Ulugh permissions to access the system tools!
Some phone providers block them.
If you encounter difficulties do not hesitate to contact us on www.ulugh.com/contact
But most of all hike, bike or ride and enjoy!
And when you get back home and after a well deserved rest, spend some time to write us a dedicated review ;-)
Ulugh Premium offers full access to the descriptions and route contents.
Ulugh Premium is add free
The Marquette Trails app is your guide to finding and navigating the trails. Whether you are a visitor or a local, this app is useful to all trail explorers.
This app was created with non-motorized trail users in mind. Trail descriptions include: distance, elevation change, difficulty, riding ability factors, and suitability for bikes.
The app has an extensive collection of trails mapped and described by local trail experts. Read the trail descriptions to find the trail you want to explore. If you take a wrong turn, the app will show exactly where you are and which direction to get back on course.
Detailed Coverage of the South and North Trails
Marquette's South Trail network is recognized as a world class mountain biking destination. These trails are incredible and getting better every year. The app features all of the standard routes and many recent additions.
The popular North Trails are covered as well. Want to find a great hiking route? Perhaps a scenic loop? Here is the app for that.
What are you waiting for? Download our app, and get hiking!
NOTE: If you do not have android version 3.0 or above, the MAP feature will not work.
1. This app requires no internet connection because all data is saved within the app. So it will work when you are in the mountains hiking!
2. Recommendation and nearby hikes are clickable and will redirect you to the specific hike.
3. Map button on the bottom of a hike detail page will show a map of the hike and your current location.
Ein wesentlicher Bestandteil der App sind alle Etappeninformationen: Etappenverläufe, Attraktionen und Betriebe.
Die Touren/Etappen können bei Bedarf für eine Offline-Nutzung inklusive aller Tourdetails und passendem Kartenausschnitt (beispielsweise im Ausland oder in Gebieten mit schwacher Netzabdeckung bzw. dann, wenn Datenroaming zu kostspielig ist) lokal auf dem Phone gespeichert werden (Achtung: Nur die outdooractive.com Karten können offline gespeichert werden!)
Die Key-Features der App:
- Auflistung nach Alphabet: Zeigt Dir alle Touren/Etappen in alphabetischer Reihenfolge an.
- Auflistung nach Entfernung: die Tourenliste wird nach der Entfernung zum eigenen Standort sortiert
- Auflistung nach Tourdauer: die Tourenliste wird nach der Dauer der jeweiligen Touren/Etappen (soweit angegeben) sortiert
- Suche nach Ort: eine Volltextsuche innerhalb der Listendarstellung ermöglicht eine ortsgenaue Filterung der Touren/Etappen
Als Anfahrtsplaner zu den Startpunkten der Touren dient die Google-Maps-App. Die App schließt sich und in der Google-Maps-App wird die Strecke zum Startpunkt der Tour angezeigt (Netzverbindung erforderlich!)
Die Tourenbeschreibungen enthalten alle wissenswerten Facts, Bilder und das Höhenprofil. Sobald eine Tour gestartet wird, kann man seine eigene Position (inklusive Blickrichtungsbestimmung) bequem in der topografischen Karte bestimmen und auf diese Weise dem Routenverlauf folgen.
Achtung: Im Ausland können hohe Roamingkosten entstehen, daher bei Verwendung der App alle notwendigen Informationen in einem Flattarif bzw. über W-Lan vor Reiseantritt Offline verfügbar machen.
Bei Nutzung der App im Hintergrund mit aktiviertem GPS-Empfang kann sich die Akkulaufzeit drastisch verkürzen!
« Winning App of the Microsoft App Revolution »
« Selected App of the Month by Connect Magazine, WParea, etc »
Find out where you spend your life!
How much time do I spend at Work? How long do I stay there in the end? Where do I spend most of my time?
Track my Life answers these and many more questions for you.
By running in the background mode of your phone.
By embracing state of the art features of your phone, it DOESN'T even have an effect on the energy consumption of your phone.
Track my Life has won prizes and has been featured by several websites including wpcentral.com, wparea.de, appdealswp.com, etc.
**** PERMISSIONS ****
+ Location: Obvious
+ Network Communication: Required to display the map, enable Facebook sharing, backup functionality. WE DO NOT TRANSFER YOUR DATA. YOUR DATA BELONGS TO YOU AND NOONE ELSE!
+ Start at boot: The background agent starts at boot time.
**** BACKUP ****
You can backup your data via SkyDrive and restore it on your Windows Phone/iPhone/iPad/Android.
**** SHARING ****
You can share your data and screenshots on Facebook. Twitter, Foursquare, and Latitude are planned.
The statistics feature shows you how many kilometers you've traveled the past 24 hours, past week, past month and all time. It shows how many cities you've been to and where you've spent most of your time, too.
Differences to other GPS trackers:
Track my Life is not just an GPS Tracker or GPS Tracking tool. It agglomerates your tracking data to make sense. It can be compared to Latitude and Foursquare.
Track down how long you have been at certain places. Record all your GPS data in background.
GPS tracking in background:
Track my Life runs completely in background and tracks you every 30 minutes. It does not actually use GPS, it uses just the most recent GPS coordinate the system took anyways. Thereby, GPS tracking does not even have an effect on your devices battery.
Track My Life is not Latitude client. Track my Life is by far the most intelligent GPS tracker on the marketplace. Developed by students of the technical university of munich who are specialized in GPS tracking topics. Track My Life cannot be compared to Foursquare.
The development of this application has been supported by Karelia ENPI CBC grant KA179 “Complex development of regional cooperation in the field of open ICT innovations” co-funded by the European Union, the Russian Federation and the Republic of Finland.
Useful to follow stored GPS routes for walking, riding horse, bicycle, motorcycle or 4wd driving.
Easy: just listen to the directions, without taking your attention off the road.
* Low battery consumption, because it does not use the screen and makes an efficient use of GPS
* Copilot: advises you before a bend, indicating left or right and sharpness.
* Warning when you are going off track or the wrong way
* Adjustable settings
* Supported formats: tracklogs in GPX or KML files (see how to download files properly below)
* Supports English, Catalan and Spanish
When cycling or motorcycling an amplifier or a volume booster application may be needed.
* When TrailGuide gives no direction, go strait ahead (even in crossroads)
* How to get GPX or KML files? Download them in a computer and copy them to the mobile or use the Opera Mobile browser for Android. The Android stock browser and others don't download properly (files with errors or empty files) from some websites.
* If you have problems opening files, enable “Force internal File browser” in “Settings” menu
* To increase the battery duration, disable Wifi and data connection.
If you have problems or suggestions, e-mail me.
Keywords: GPS, tracklog, GPX, KML, copilot, TTS.
This is the app you need to unleash your explorer’s spirit and come discover the natural wonders of Azores!
New safety feature - SOS:
- Sending SMS with your location (GPS coordinates)
- Direct calling to emergency numbers (112 or Civil Protection)
✓ Offline map (OpenStreetMap)
✓ All trails are available offline
✓ Distance, difficulty, duration and altitude of the trail
✓ Trail’s description and photos
✓ GPS trail on Google Maps or OpenStreetMap
✓ GPS pinpoints your position
✓ POI along each trail
✓ Recommended equipment
✓ Directions to get to the trail by car or public transportation
✓ Share trails in social networks
You can also:
- Browse the list or map
- Search by name, keywords or location of the trail
- Filter trails by distance, difficulty or location
* There are 20 trails available in São Miguel, Terceira, Pico, São Jorge, Faial and Flores Islands
* We will be adding new trails regularly
* Available in English, Portuguese, French and Spanish
Note: By downloading / updating / use / continue using this application you are agreeing to terms and conditions stated in the EULA (End User License Agreement).
Keywords: portugal, azores, açores, ponta delgada, são miguel, terceira, pico, guide, walks, hiking, trekking, tour, trail, routes, activities, map, holiday, accomodation, bus, wanderungen, wandelen, vandring, patikointi, retkeily, levadavandring, fotturer, vandreture, wandern, wanderung, escursioni, trekking, backpacking, backpack
• Real-time tracking on Google Maps
• Offline Tracking /Recording possible, only GPS
• Tracking /Recording on a Background while you do something else
• Online/Offline tip listen for Internet and GPS connection
• Preview tracks later when you are online on Google Maps
• Show the Weather on Google Maps
• Enabled Google Maps street view
openGTS compatible. Client openGTS
Trace Me is designed to save battery, so this app. is a service running in the background. You can use your smartphone to navigate, play music and so on, while Trace me is running.
Trace me works with the Google account to send email by Gmail.
You can configure an ID user, Google account user and pasword, 2 email addresses and 2 phone numbers to send location. As well, you can choose if you send by email and / or SMS.
Finally, you can set a timer. You choose the time in minutes emails are sent.
My Track is the best app when you do hiking, climbing, skiing, boat, bicycle, or motorcycle rally, driving and other travel activities.
1. Location: the mobile's location is displayed on the map center.
2. Record: record the mobile's routes, continue recording after pause, or stop after saving.
3. Maps: you can display your location and route in the satellite map.
4. Mark: markers can be inserted into the map, A route and markers during the route's period can be uploaded to the Internet, you can set how many days' markers to show in the map.
5. Location information: current location's time, speed and route information can be displayed on the mp, also can slide freely;
6. Route list: all routes can be listed with detailed information.
7. Click on the route list item, the route can be displayed on the map; long press any route, you can delete, rename,share or show the route's speed chart.
8. Speed chart: blue portion in the middle of the chart represents the routes' average speed.
9. Share: it's very convenient to share route map to your friends, share can be done when you save the route, or long-press the route in the route list.
1. The app can be used world widely.
2. GPS should be turned on, and mobile phones should not be blocked or shielded by metal objects, the initial positioning may take a long time.
Vergeet de haven, de woontorens en de drukte van een wereldstad in deze unieke Rotterdamse wijk en combineer deze smartphone stadswandeling eventueel met een bezoek aan het uit 1870 daterende Trompenburg Tuinen & Arboretum.
Het beginpunt van deze wandeling is bij de ingang van het parkeerterrein van de Trompenburg Tuinen & Arboretum aan de Honingerdijk 86 (beneden): http://www.walkthecity.eu/go/to.php?w=15.
Smartphone stadswandelingen van Walk the City leiden je met gedetailleerde foto’s en heldere instructies in plaats van plattegrondjes. Ook als de GPS-ontvangst of internetverbinding wegvalt of zelfs helemaal niet beschikbaar is, kun je blijven genieten: Walk Smart, Walk the City!
Talen in deze app: Nederlands - WalktheCity.eu
More from developer
Trace My Trail is the best way to have yours and friend's trails at your service.
Free versione i developped for testing purpose and have the following restrictions:
- Not more than 5 POI each trail
- Not more than 3 trail is possible to save
FULL VERSION AVAILABLE AT THIS ADDRESS:
While you are following a track you can configure the app to advice you when you are near a Point Of Interest and this will give you the possibility to dont lose the elements of the trail like pictures, descriptions and information.
This is possible thanks to the built in feature that will alert you on each poi and each indication when you are in the same area of them.
MARK YOUR TERRITORY
Enjoy your hike, switch on the app, start recording and your trail will be tracked for future use. Add Point of Interest with description and photo, add indication sign to get the right path adding also picture to let understand better wich way take. Get Outside today rediscovering the ourdoors
SHARE YOUR TRAILS
Make your trails available to your friends or other people, in this way they can enjoy your same experience walking around.
You can share the full path with all images, texts and indications inside. When your friend will download it will keep the same images and descriptions
Let them to walk on your same path exploring and looking your points of interest and get a real guide that indicate the correct way using signs and images.
✓ Track your route with your phone’s GPS capability
✓ Add Point Of Interest shooting pictures from your phone's camera
✓ Share your adventure with your friends sending all the package of your outdoork hike
✓ Got audio alert for, not correct path, point of interest, way to take and more
✓ Save trips yours and others on your phone to use later
✓ Follow trips on interactive map while walking
✓ Configure your app to best fit your needs
✓ Use the app without connection tool