The city's International Riverfront is a focus of much development which has complemented similar developments in Windsor, Ontario. In 2007, Detroit completed the first major portions of the River Walk, including miles of parks and fountains. The Renaissance Center received a major renovation in 2004. New developments and revitalizations are a mainstay in the city's plan to enhance its economy through tourism. Along the river, upscale condominiums are rising, such as Watermark Detroit. Some city limit signs, particularly on the Dearborn border say "Welcome to Detroit, The Renaissance City Founded 1701". 
In 2004, Compuware established its world headquarters in downtown Detroit followed by Quicken Loans in 2010. Significant landmarks such as the Fox Theatre, Orchestra Hall Detroit Opera House, and the Gem Theater have been restored and host concerts, musicals, and plays. The Detroit Institute of Arts completed a major renovation and expansion in 2007. Many downtown centers such as Greektown, Cobo Center and Campus Martius Park, as well as the Michigan State Fairgrounds on the northern border, draw patrons and host activities
Nicknamed the "Motor City" Detroit is known for automobile manufacturing and home of the Ford Motor Company.
Another nickname for Detroit is "Motown" because of the cities nightlife and famous musicians that have performed in the area since the late 1940's.
If you are new to Detroit these guides will be very helpful to you. They include an interactive map, hotels, restaurants, bars, live cams, activities, news, sports and local events. FREE DOWNLOAD.
Detroit Insider's Guide is proud to feature Project Lighthouse, 30 safe haven locations throughout Greater Downtown Detroit. Project Lighthouse locations provide shelter, aid, safety and information for those in temporary need of assistance. Each participating business, known as a Lighthouse, has security personnel available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to assist those in need. Help will be provides to anyone who is lost, separated from friends, having vehicle trouble or has any other safety concerns. Any business displaying a Project Lighthouse banner is considered a safe haven. Project Lighthouse is available to augment, not replace 9-1-1.
Enjoy your time in the D!
tags - in the D,project lighthouse,ddp,safety,safe,secure,ask a local,city guide
二. 实时打车 从家里、单位或者街上，只需在手机屏幕上操作两步，您就可以把周围的
1) 车位互换- 足够妙的主意？将您白天闲置的车位发布出来，出租给在您家附近上班的
2) 代驾- 酒足饭饱，您可以查找离您最近的代驾公司。代驾公司或个人也可以发布代驾
★ BBC: “The unique advantage of Tripomatic's app is that it can sync up with a web-based itinerary-planning service, available for free at tripomatic.com”
★ PC Magazine: “Tripomatic, an app that makes discovering new places to visit interesting.”
★ Guardian’s Android App of the week
★ Featured as one of the Best Travel Apps of 2012 by The Next Web
★ Gizmodo’s App Deal of the Day
✓ Find nearby attractions on an interactive map
✓ Explore sights with photos, contacts, opening hours and admission fees
✓ Get your personal travel guide based on day-by-day planning
✓ Plan your trip right from the phone
✓ Add custom places to save locations important to you and easily find them again
✓ Edit your trip anywhere from any device using www.tripomatic.com
✓ Download and print PDF trip guide (available for free on www.tripomatic.com)
✓ Share your trip in a neat infographic with your friends (available for free on www.tripomatic.com)
To access 300+ more destinations worldwide, download the full-fledged Tripomatic app for free. Available at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tripomatic
Looking for a dining spot nearby? Going out with friends and need something to do? Going shopping and want to save money? Discover Detroit makes it easy to enjoy the best of Metro-Detroit. Plus checkin, comment and share your experiences with your Facebook and Twitter accounts.
• Search for businesses near you
• Tap quick links to find nearby bars, restaurants, cafes and more
• View places by list or map layout • Checkout check-ins and comments of Metro-Detroiters
• Browse Yelp reviews to get more detailed reviews on places without leaving the Discover Detroit app
• Find great coupons offered by your favorite local businesses on your mobile device
• Share photos and comments for others to see
• Check-in and share on Facebook and Twitter
• Make reservations on OpenTable without leaving Discover Detroit
• Look up addresses and phone numbers for businesses, then call or map them from your mobile device
• Discover and pledge to area crowdfunding projects
If you're looking for the fastest way from point A to B, forget it. Our Get Outta Town series is all about finding the most scenic routes and the cool stops along the way. Our local scouts share their best-kept secrets with you.
This map showcases such great attractions as Belle Isle Park and the Henry Ford Museum to the Canadian Club Distillery and the rollicking Motown Historical Museum
Whether you’re hitting the road solo, traveling with friends or have the kids in tow, we've handpicked the best scenic road trip for your adventure.
Get Outta Town Features:
• Routes that average 100-300 miles and showcase must-see points-of-interest
• Route Overview Map that lets you easily see where each route begins
• Your Location Pointer in relation to the route/map (with location services enabled)
• Turn-by-Turn directions
• Navigation capability to Starting Point and Nearest Point on the route
• Navigation capability to “Take Me There” for points-of-interest
• Download data capability in case of Internet connection failure
• Photo image and view gallery
• Facebook interface to share a picture, your location and to comment
Note: Separate log-in required.
This app requires the user to Sign Up and create an account to access the library and obtain updates.
Motor City? Motor to the countryside instead!
No other app provides as much information on Detroit Airport--useful information you need at the airport.
Airport lets you know if your flights delayed or cancelled and gives you the tools needed to quickly find an alternate flight and rebook all in one place.
Check-in, flight status, baggage, seats, for your flight all at your fingertips.
We include airports in Boston, Detroit, Cleveland, Hartford, Albany, Grand Rapids, Manchester, Portland, Providence, Syracuse, and all the airports in the world including all the small and medium airports (2400+).