The Run/Walk Intervals Timer (Timer) is a quick and easy way to enjoy your run/walk interval training while listening to music, enjoying the scenery, enjoying the company of others, and/or recording your run via GPS ... but NOT worrying about keeping track of your intervals. The Timer keeps track of those intervals for you! (The scenery, company of others and GPS NOT included ☺ )
After opening the application, set your desired times and intervals and press Start. The Timer keeps track of the time for each interval, how many intervals you have completed, and the overall time you have spent in the activity.
When an alarm directs you to transition, the Timer will:
- Mute any music
- Vibrate the phone (if selected)
- Tell you to run, walk or cool down (as appropriate)
- Return the music back to its original level
- Vibrate the phone (if selected)
- Display a note instructing you to run, walk or cool down (as appropriate)
- During a phone conversation, the Timer will react to an alarm as if the sound is OFF. The conversation is not interrupted in any way.
You can also use other applications without error while the Timer is running - all audible alarms will be played (sound ON) or notes will be displayed (sound OFF). For example, I use the Timer, Pandora, and My Tracks for testing.
After starting the Timer you can Stop it. Once it is stopped, you are free to either Reset the application back to the default choices or Resume the training values previously setup. Resuming will begin everything exactly where you stopped it at with no loss of information or time.
General application settings are available at Menu | Settings. It contains options for Text-To-Speech, Interval Announcements and the Vibrator.
Select specific run settings on the Timer's main page by clicking on the appropriate edit or toggle button.
- Toggle a warm up interval on or off
- Toggle to run first or walk first (both the Running and Walking toggle buttons function like this)
- Toggle to choose a specific number of interval sets or continue indefinitely
- Toggle a cool down interval on or off
- Select the interval for the associated item
- The 'Stop after' edit button allows you to select how many run / walk intervals you want prior to run completion or the cool down interval firing.
If the sound does NOT work: The Timer uses Android's 'Notifications' audio stream so you must set the sound level for notifications on your phone:
- While at the phone's home screen, click on the Menu button, then Settings.
- In the Settings screen, click on the Sound category.
- Click on the 'Volumes' or 'Set audio volume' entry. The entry may be different on your phone, you are looking for the 'Notifications' audio stream control.
- Set the Notifications audio stream to its maximum. (Personally, I just max out all the audio volumes.)
- There may also be a checkbox labeled "Use incoming call volume for notifications". If checked, RWI will use the incoming call volume instead of the notification volume. If you check it or leave it checked, set the incoming call volume to its maximum.
- Your device may differ slightly from these instructions, but they should be close.
- Click the back button until you get back to your Home screen.
- Start the Timer and the sound should work properly.
Thank you for using Run / Walk Intervals Timer and I hope it helps you to meet your fitness goals.
More from developer
Are you expecting? Expect the best with Mobile Maternity – the official Detroit Medical Center baby app. Mobile Maternity is for moms-to-be who are on the go and want to be well prepared for every stage of pregnancy. From health tips to tracking tools, Mobile Maternity is here to help you and your baby have a happy and healthy experience.
Features of Mobile Maternity:
• Enter your due date to follow your baby’s development
• Track how many weeks along you are and how many days left until your due date
• Receive weekly tips from Detroit Medical Center doctors
• Take photos to share with family and friends via email and Facebook
• Log your daily symptoms, weight and waist measurements so you can easily discuss them with your doctor
• Use the Track feature to record your baby’s kicks and time your contractions
• Keep track of appointments on the Mobile Maternity calendar, which syncs to your device’s native calendar
• Record notes in your diary
• Use the Report feature to view a summary of your app entries
• Contact an OB/GYN at the Detroit Medical Center
• Get directions to Detroit Medical Center locations
• Get emergency room wait times for Detroit Medical Center hospitals
• Get DMC birthing class information
• Read hospital packing tips
• Read tips for bathing your baby
For more information about Mobile Maternity visit www.dmcbaby.org. For more information about the Detroit Medical Center, visit www.dmc.org.
Keywords - pregnancy, maternity, mom, motherhood, birth, health, prenatal, contractions, kick counter, tracker, planning
With DMC ER Now:
• Track and store personal medical data for you and your loved ones
• Prepare for emergencies with our Emergency Medical Guide
• Get easy automated directions to Detroit Medical Center hospitals
View up-to-date Emergency Room wait times, as part of the DMC 29 Minute Guarantee, at the following DMC hospitals:
• DMC Children’s Hospital of Michigan
• DMC Detroit Receiving Hospital
• DMC Harper University Hospital
• DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital
• DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
• DMC Surgery Hospital
At the Detroit Medical Center, part of Vanguard Health Systems, we'll tell you what others won't: how long you can expect to wait in our ER. We’ve revolutionized the Emergency Room process to ensure faster access to the finest care in Southeast Michigan.
The DMC ER Now app provides current estimated wait times for five ER locations so patients can determine which ER can help them as quickly as possible. A Google Map function provides directions and an estimated travel time from where you are to the DMC ER nearest to your current location.
ER wait times can change quickly depending on the urgency of patients that arrive by ambulance. The Detroit Medical Center provides care to patients with life-threatening illnesses first.
If you are not sure of the urgency of your problem or if you require immediate medical assistance, please call 911 or your local emergency number or go to the nearest emergency department.
DMC Direct Admit connects physicians with a Detroit Medical Center representative to facilitate transfer and direct admits of adult patients to any DMC Hospital, 24/7.
This app is optimized for Android operating systems 2.3.5 - 4.4.