(June 2nd now: it seems a small number of Samsung devices have a similar issue, and Substrate correctly detects that it canot use the same workaround; I will work on a new solution, likely one that solves both of these use cases at the same time. There is no harm in running Substrate and seeing if the workaround is possible: that's detected.)
Substrate is a platform for customizing software. Due to limitations of the Google Play Store it must be installed separately, but its primary purpose is to support other products: users should not expect Substrate itself to do anything interesting. Instead, it should be thought of as enabling your device to support other things you may install.
Products that use Substrate are able to modify any other program, whether it came with your phone or was installed later, or whether it was developed by Google or by a third-party developer. These kinds of changes carry an inherent risk: changes to the underlying software being modified may break the modifications ("extensions") you install.
*IMPORTANT*: Substrate for Android is new. While I've spent a bunch of time testing it on a bunch of devices with many versions of Android, there is always the possibility that there's something unique to your setup that causes an incompatibility. If possible, I'd recommend having a backup of your device handy; I'd also recommend being setup with a recovery mode image that allows you to easily delete Substrate. For more information, see this FAQ item.
Users should keep in mind that Substrate includes a safety feature: by holding down the volume-up button on your device you can disable Substrate while it is attempting to load these modifications (such as while it is turning on and starting); this will give you an opportunity to use Google Play to uninstall things that might be broken.
Substrate has been tested fairly extensively. It is designed to work on Android versions 2.3 or above, but will work on any "equivalent" versions (systems like CyanogenMod or the Kindle Fire use their own versioning schemes). It is supported on devices that use either ARM or Intel CPUs and works on "strange" devices (including Google Glass).
While Substrate support for Android is very new, Substrate was first released in 2008 for Apple's iPhone and is now being used by tens of millions of devices worldwide. Many people know it as "MobileSubstrate", how it is usually distributed for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch via Cydia, the alternative to the App Store for "jailbroken" devices.
If you are a developer, you can learn more about how to work with Substrate at http://www.cydiasubstrate.com/. There, you will be able to find documentation, tools, and examples. Substrate for Android also shares many development concepts and APIs with Substrate for other platforms, so tutorials from third-party websites may help.
(Users of Substrate on iOS may remember that there is a more general "Safe Mode" feature that will catch crashes, allowing for a more intuitive response to failures. This will be implemented in an upcoming version of Substrate for Android, but please remember: you can always use the "volume up to disable" feature to skip bad extensions.)
(Substrate requires the ACCESS_SUPERUSER permission, and during its installation it will add a few files to your device. No files will be modified or overwritten: only a few new files--all symbolic links, taking up virtually no space--are added. Substrate only requires root during installation and to help it restart your device to use new extensions.)
"Fantastic app that has the potential to give your phone a complete makeover. I highly recommend it." - MakeUseOf
"Even after a lot of customization, Apex Launcher feels super fast." - Pocket Now
"We must say it is as smooth as butter." - Droid Life
Five Best Android Launchers - Lifehacker
The 25 Tastiest Apps for Ice Cream Sandwich - PCMag
Must-have apps for the Nexus 7 - ZDNet
• Customizable homescreen grid size and up to 9 homescreens
• Scrollable dock with up to 7 icons per page and up to 5 pages
• Infinite & elastic scrolling (homescreen, drawer and dock)
• Fancy transition effects (tablet, cube, etc.)
• Hide elements as you want (persistent search bar, status bar, or even the dock)
• Customizable icons and labels for shortcuts and folders
• Choose different folder preview styles and background
• Multiple drawer styles (transparent/opaque, horizontal/vertical, paginated/continuous)
• Drawer apps sorting (title, install date, mostly used)
• Hide apps from the drawer
• Lock your desktop to prevent accidental changes
• Enjoy homescreen gestures (pinch, swipe up/down, double tap)
• Advanced theme engine (icon packs, skins, etc.)
• Backup/restore settings and data
• Optimized for both phones and tablets
• Lots of other customization options!
Apex Launcher Pro (Paid Version) Features:
• Powerful drawer customizations (unlimited drawer tabs, folders in drawer)
• Unread count notifications (provided by the free Apex Notifier extension)
• Dock swipe actions (swipe up and down actions)
• More gesture options (two-finger gestures)
• Additional transition effects (accordion, cross, etc.)
• Flexible theme options (ADW, LauncherPro, Go Launcher themes)
• Enhanced folder support (batch add, merge folders)
• Advanced widget options (widgets in dock, overlapping widgets)
• More features on the way!
• Pinch the screen to access screen previews (like Exposé or HTC Sense).
• Long press an icon to drag and drop it over another one to create a folder.
• Long press icons/folders on the desktop and choose edit from the popup menu to customize icons and labels.
• Drag, hover, and drop app icons over the delete button at the top of the screen to quickly uninstall apps.
• Long press an app in the hide apps list to quickly launch that app.
• Switch to single screen wallpaper mode to fix wallpaper zooming issues.
• Enable the Root Helper in advanced settings (root required, Android 4.0 only) to add widgets from the drawer.
• Access widget data: Only used to create and display widgets on the homescreen. (Android 4.1+ only)
• Application information: Used to display warnings when other launchers are running.
• Control vibration/Status Bar/Wallpaper: Standard launcher functions.
• Network communication: Used for anonymous usage/error reporting (optional).
• Phone calls: Used when you create direct-dial shortcuts on the homescreen.
• Storage: Used to backup/restore settings and desktop data.
• Superuser: Required to add widgets from the drawer (Android 4.0 only).
Love Apex Launcher? Rate us on Google Play. We’re always trying to make Apex Launcher better. If you have questions or suggestions, please share them with us!
FOR ROOTED SAMSUNG GALAXY DEVICES ONLY
(may not be compatible with some Galaxy models)
Please do not rate 1 star if it does not work on
your device due to your device's limitation.
Don't be stuck with your phone or tablets default icon theme.
With Galaxy Icon Themer, you have the ability to change your icon theme whenever you like using popular icon packs from the Play Store.
Galaxy Icon Themer only works on ROOTED Samsung Galaxy phones and tablets but NO GUARANTEE that it will work the same way on all Galaxy devices. Some Galaxy models may not have the theme engine necessary for icon packs to work properly. Please don't get mad if it does not work on your device. I take no responsibility for it.
Supported icon packs include those that are intended for popular launchers like ADW, Nova, Apex, Go, Solo, etc. but keep in mind that NOT ALL icon packs will work due to some technical issues. Bear in mind also that the free version of the app will only theme supported app icons that are included in the icon pack - no masking supported.
The underdog minimalistic launcher for Android phones.
To add Applications grid shortcut, select Add > Shortcuts > Applications grid.
Try toggle Manage wallpaper if screen scrolling isn't smooth, select Preferences > Workspace > Manage wallpaper.
If you get an error message: apply the default theme first then reboot and apply my theme again.
Once you download the theme, go to setting/themes or theme manager, find my theme and apply it.
More than 200 unique icons (keep increasing)!
A new special customized wallpaper
Automatically adapt to different kinds of screen resolution
REMEMBER Before enjoying your exclusive UI5.0 Theme, you need to make sure you have had the latest GO Launcher EX installed in your phone. The theme can only run on GO Launcher EX.
CONVENIENTLY UI5.0 Theme is designed for all screen resolution from MDPI to XHDPI.
IF NEEDED You can check out the menu, click “Themes” button, and find UI5.0 Theme in the “Installed” tab.
WHAT’S MORE If you have any problems with this theme or any suggestions, PLEASE EMAIL US! We will reply to you ASAP.
■ Follow Us
■ Contact Us
Any problems or any suggestions are concerned. Please help us to creative a better theme for you!
Accept no substitutes! Nova Launcher is the top launcher for modern Android, embracing full Material Design throughout.
Nova Launcher replaces your home screen with one you control and can customize. Change icons, layouts, animations and more.
For my money, Nova Launcher is the best of the AOSP-style launchers available in Android. --Android Police
Nova Launcher has some very capable hands behind it --Phandroid
Our favorite is Nova Launcher, which strikes a great perfect balance between incredible performance and high customizability without getting too gimmicky and difficult to use --Lifehacker
Chock full of features you won't find in the stock launcher, and comes highly recommended --Android Central
• Icon Themes - Find thousands of icon themes for Nova Launcher on the Play Store
• Subgrid positioning - Much greater control than standard launchers, Nova Launcher allows you to snap icons or widgets half way through the desktop grid cells
• Color controls - for labels, folders, unread badges, drawer tabs and backgrounds
• Customize App Drawer - Custom tabs, Vertical or Horizontal scrolling, Custom effects
• Improved Widget Drawer - Widgets grouped by app makes it much faster to use
• Infinite scroll - Never far from your favorite page, loop through the desktop or drawer continuously
• Backup/Restore - Sophisticated backup/restore system allowing you to backup your desktop layout and launcher settings
• Scrollable Dock - Create multiple docks and scroll between them
• Widgets in dock - Place any widget in your dock, such as a 4x1 music player widget
• Import Layout - No need to rebuild your desktop from scratch, Nova Launcher can import from most popular launchers. Including the one that came with your phone.
• Fast - Nova Launcher is highly optimized to do it's work quickly and quietly, keeping the animations smooth and letting you use your phone as fast as you can move your fingers.
Nova Launcher Prime
Unlock the following extras by purchasing Nova Launcher Prime
• Gestures - Swipe, pinch, double tap and more on the home screen to open your favorite apps
• Unread Counts - Never miss a message. Unread count badges for Hangouts, SMS, Gmail and more using the TeslaUnread plugin
• Custom Drawer Groups - Create new tabs or folders in the app drawer
• Hide Apps - Keep a clean app drawer by hiding never used apps
• Icon Swipes - Set custom actions for swiping on app shortcuts or folders
• More scroll effects - Such as Wipe, Accordion, and Throw
¿What's a home replacement application?
Is an normal android application that will run when you press your android device's HOME key. It's what usually people know as the "android desktop".
¿What makes ADW different?
-It's compatible with android versions from 1.6 to 4.1!
-It's highly customizable, almost in every aspect you can think of.
-Thousands of skins and themes with support for most popular launcher themes!
-Mix and match your skins, icons, docks, folders, etc
-Configure your applications in unlimited groups and hide unwanted apps.
-Fast setup screen with fast access to add items or configure everything.
-Gestures for fast operation (swipe up/down, 2-fingers swipe up/down, pinch in/out, etc)
-Configurable Actionbar, similar to android 3.x+ tablet interface.
-Screens editor to add,remove, swap and resize your desktop screens.
-Configurable visual desktop indicators.
-Easy folder tweaking and management, content previews, arrangement, colors, etc.
-New AppWidget picker for devices running Android 4.1 and newer.
-Icons editor to create your own customized shortcuts or edit existing ones
-AppWidget backup/restore (only for android 4.1 and newer)
-Customizable applications dock with support for unlimited shortcuts with paginated scroll.
-Lots of settings to play with: texts, colours, animations, sizes... you should dig in!
Differences between ADW.Launcher and ADWLauncherEX:
ADWLauncherEX and ADW.Launcher share the same application core, but ADWLauncherEX includes a lot of extra features and improvements, like for example:
-10 different app drawer styles, including 3D waterfall, 3D Roll, 3D Ball, 3D Wall, 3D Cube...
-Lots of new desktop transitions: new animations while navigating through your desktop screens. Try them all, they're crazy!!!
-New icons size configuration to enjoy high quality icons from your preferred themes!
-Save custom configuration presets: Quickly configure and change the whole desktop configuration by 1 click!
-Backup and restore your configuration, easy and painless. You can even share your desktop configuration with your friends!
-More, more more to come!!
It’s time to change your smart phone with new trend themes!
Whole the themes are here! Come to Atom Store 3.0
▶ To be simple and clean with white concept!
Atom store’s main color concept is changed to simple white from chic black.
▶ Changed the List view to Album view, be perfect for image view!
You can see the all theme product clearly now in large image size.
▶ Go direct to product by Menu tab!
Sliding way is gone! Now just click the menu button. You can go directly to product you want!
***How to use Atom Store
1. Search Atom Store on Google Play or Touch-Still home screen on your atom launcher and select Atom Store and move to download page (will be connected to atom store right after installation)
2. Download Atom Store and Install it
3. Download themes which you want
- Available from above Android OS 4.0.2 version
- The theme application needs 10 MB in total to save theme resources.
- Because of enhancing usability, installed theme doesn’t appear
- Themes for Tab Device (X-large screen) will be available soon.
*** Customer Support
Please leave reviews or comments on Google play reviews
Your review will be appreciated.
For more information or support, please visit
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/atom.themes
Speed up your device with Smart Launcher 3. The innovative launcher that makes your Android more intuitive and well organized. Find out why it has been downloaded by over 20 million people.
Smart Launcher 3 is completely different from any other launcher on Play Store. It's not based on the AOSP launcher.
- Low resource requirements, save RAM and battery
- Material design
- Quick access to your favourite apps
- Double tap on an icon to start a second app
- Your apps list is automatically sorted by categories
- Search bar for quick search in apps, contacts and web
- Notifications on homescreen
- Turn off the screen with a double tap or just by leaving your device on a flat surface
- Integrated lockscreen with notifications
- Highly personalizable. Tons of themes and lockscreen, support for almost all iconpack
- Plugin architecture. You can download and enable only the features you want
- Security: You can hide apps from the apps grid and protect them with password
- Optimized to be comfortably used both in portrait and landscape mode
- Runs on almost every Android device. Runs on phone, tablet and Google TV
- Community driven development
Join the community, became a beta tester
Watch our story
** WORKS ON LAUNCHER **
- Apex Launcher
- ADW Launcher
- Nova Launcher
- Holo Launcher
- Action Launcher
- Go Launcher
- Smart Launcher
- Launchy Widget
** FEATURES **
- Contains 1300+ icons!
- Works on Jelly Bean devices too.
IF YOU INCREASE YOUR ICON SIZE THROUGH YOUR LAUNCHER SETTINGS READ THIS:
If you apply these icons and then increase the icon size it will make the mask go crazy. Before increasing icon size apply the default launcher theme, resize icons, and then apply this theme. If your icon size is already increased before applying this theme than there is no need to worry and you can apply the theme normally.
** TO APPLY THE THEME **
- Apex Launcher: Go to Apex settings > Theme settings
- Nova Launcher: Go to Nova Settings > Look and feel > Icon Theme
- ADW Launcher: On the home screen, press MENU > More > ADWSettings > Themes Preferences > Select your theme
- Holo Launcher: On the home screen, press MENU > Launcher Settings > Appearance Settings > Icon Theme > Select theme
If you have any questions/comments or any requests at all simply email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I promise your questions will be answered and requests will be filled. Remember that not everyone uses the same apps, so if you download this and not all of your icons are themed they can be if you simply email me. I fill requests quickly
360 Launcher is an powerful home launcher. We offer you a series of highly customized features, tens of thousands themes, wallpapers and fonts, plenty of lock screens, a lot of transition animations, app starting animations, dozens of widgets, and even icons and icon background. As the best home screen replacement, it offers you many first-ever features to customize your own homescreen experience. It is really a nice present for people who take their Android for lifestyle and partner in life.
★Now millions+ FREE themes, wallpapers and lock screens are provided !
They are beautifully produced, but more importantly, most of them are free !
Please check our thread in XDA-Developers before leaving low rating and bad reviews.
If you love ADWLauncherEX or GO Launcher EX, you will love it even much.
1. SMOOTHLY transition animation effects, many scroll effects ,Such as Wipe, Accordion, and Throw. 360 Launcher is highly optimized to do it's work quickly and quietly, keeping the animations smooth and letting you use your phone as fast as you can move your fingers.
2. Lots of personalized themes, wallpapers and lock screens to choose. Download 360 Launcher to enjoy over millions+ FREE themes, icons and live wallpapers.
3. User customized folder to manage apps category. Long press an icon to drag and drop it over another one to create a folder.
4. Convenient custom home screens, and there’re many great GESTURES: Swipe, pinch, double tap and more on the home screen to open your favorite apps.
5. Built in plenty of widgets, such as clock, calender, task manager, device switcher
6. Powerful apps manage: SORT the new installed apps, recently viewed apps, and HIDE the apps that you don't want to be seen .
7. Built in Cleaner that clear up your RAM.
8. Built in power saving widget that saves you more BATTERY.
9. Use T 9 on home screen to search for what you want to open.
10. Custom Drawer Groups - Create new tabs or folders in the app drawer.
11. Supported many Languages , such as English (Special thanks to Melvin Chng Yi Cong, from Malaysia), Chinese, French(Special thanks to Johan Jaworski, from France), Russian(Special thanks to Mr.Roman, from Russia), Spanish(Special thanks to Jordi Luna)
Themes and Wallpapers: http://meihua.360.cn/
Home at XDA: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1345601
Sina weibo: http://e.weibo.com/360launcher
Company official website: http://www.360.cn
奇虎360 (NYSE:QIHU) Qihoo 360 Technology Co. Ltd
Give us five stars and feedbacks to make 360 Launcher better and better each day.
360 Launcher Team loves you all and never going to let you down !
- Super-smooth scrolling
- Animated screen previews (like Exposé or HTC Sense)
- Up to 7 home screens
- App drawer (2D and 3D!) with a fly-in effect and smooth scrolling
- Scrollable shortcut dock
For support, please visit our forums.
- You need a rooted phone to use this theme with Jelly Bean (that's a must)
- You need a ROM with the Theme Chooser Engine to apply it.
1. Download the app and install it
2. Go to Settings>Themes (or the Themes section of your custom rom)
(If you don't have this option you are probably not using a custom rom)
3. Swipe and select Android Kitkat 4.4
4. Apply it
5. Reboot your phone/tablet to make all the changes
Don't review or give bad ratings if you don't know how to use it or don't know how to root your phone,
I will not reply to them because they are not review of the product.
Instead, do a search with Google or ask here for support:
TO HAVE TRANSPARENT STATUS AND NAVIGATION BARS:
- Use a Launcher that supports theme (GEL Google Experience Launcher, Kitkat Launcher..)
- Use a ROM that lets you change the opacity of them,
or install the XPOSED FRAMEWORK: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1574401
with a status bar module like gravitybox: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2316070
Created for XHDPI, HDPI and XXHDPI devices,
with this theme you can feel all the sweet Kitkat style on Android Jelly Bean too!
Your Jelly Bean phone/tablet UI will become similar to the new Android 4.4 interface,
with the graphics of the new version of your favorite OS, with:
- Original Nexus5 wallpaper included
- Original 4.4 style: no custom inspired themed apps, only original/per-pixel created content.
- with skinned Calculator, Deskclock widget.
- Custom ROMS toggles like the 4.4 original toggles interface, with orange icons for not full signal,
exactly like Kitkat.
- Framework buttons, backgrounds, bars like the original Kitkat.
- With the new Overscroll lights, glow dividers
- Only original Kitkat icons, they are not much, I'm sorry!
- Only original HOLO BLUE and HOLO WHITE colors!
This theme is AOSP - CM10.2 - AOKP - Paranoid Android Compatible.
Please report any bug before rate the theme, you will help me to continue to make this theme better, thanks!
* Error: "Theme unproperly compiled" *
- Apply the original System theme, reboot the Phone/Tablet and apply Android Kitkat 4.4
* Error: "The* Status Bar Clock color is Blue *
- Your ROM should have some setting to change the color of the clock, find it and use the white.
* Error: "This theme is missing assets for your device's screen resolution" *
- select "Apply Anyway" (that's a issue of the theme chooser app, the theme has everything required)
Its the improved version similar to mobileuncle and mtk engineering mode with new and beautiful Ui.
No root required
For Glo bis on android check this:
Please note that Samsung phones are not supported
- Full Jelly Bean Launcher Features
- Custom Desktop Pages/Grid: Up to 9 desktop pages and 10 x 10 grid
- Custom Drawer Portrait/landscape Grid
- Scrollable Dock: Up to 7 icons per page and up to 3 pages
- Infinite Scrolling
- Gestures: Swipe up/down on desktop to launch apps quickly
- Customizable shortcut/folder icons
- Customizable icon label color
- Apply icon packs, support ADW icon pack and Launcherpro icon pack
- Desktop Previews: Pinch to access desktop previews
- Backup and Restore: Backup and restore your settings and shortcuts
- Other Customization Options: Keep in memory, home key action, hide apps in drawer, hide labels, etc
Plus Features (Need Holo Launcher Plus):
* Unlimited configurable drawer tabs
* Unread count notifications for call, sms, gmail and K-9 mail
* Customizable notification badge color
* More desktop gestures: Pinch in/out, Two Finger Swipe and Double-tap
* Dock icon Swipe up/down gestures
* Support Go Launcher icon pack
* More transition effects
* Widgets overlapping
* 1x1 widgets in dock
* Other enhancement and customization options