Patronus is a FREE personal safety app. Patronus uses your phone's internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you "Panic" and alert friends and family via a notification in times of crisis. Each feature in Patronus has been designed keeping in mind multiple crisis scenarios to provide uninterrupted security while using minimal system resources.
• AVAILABILITY OF OPTIONS: Trigger Panic by pressing a button in the app, or by pressing the power button four times in rapid succession.
• LOCATION MONITORING: Panic notification sent to your emergency contacts includes your last known location.
• TRUE AND FAKE PASSCODE: The true passcode will disable security, whereas the fake passcode will cause the app to pretend to disable security while sending a Panic alert. The fake passcode can be entered if you are being forced to enter a passcode.
• PANIC WITHOUT INTERNET: Panic would be triggered after a user-defined time period if the internet connection is lost.
• EMERGENCY CALL: Make an emergency call to your local authorities from the app when you or your emergency contacts go into panic mode.
• SET SAFE LOCATIONS: Set "Geo-fencing" locations - places where you feel safe to allow the app to enter power saving mode.
• SECURITY COUNTDOWN: Set periodic check-ins while security is active. Failure to respond to these check-ins will result in a Panic trigger.
• PAIRS WITH ANDROID WEAR DEVICES (β): Patronus comes with an optional embedded Android Wear component. Once installed on Android Wear, Patronus is able to provide additional security.
• AUTOPILOT: Once geofences and timeouts have been set up, Patronus has been designed to run 24/7 with minimal user intervention.
• SILENT & OPTIMIZED: Patronus runs silently on your device, reducing battery drain and optimizing system resources.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/PatronusDev
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/patronus.developers/