The Dexcom G5® Mobile Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) System is the first device that lets you treat without pricking your finger.*
Use this app if you have the Dexcom G5 Mobile CGM System.
Medicare beneficiaries should not use this app. The beneficiary may NOT use their phone for display of Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) data and still be eligible for reimbursement by Medicare for Therapeutic CGM.
The Dexcom G5® Mobile Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) System provides real-time glucose readings for patients with type 1 or type 2 diabetes every five minutes. With Dexcom G5 Mobile, dynamic glucose data can be accessed and shared safely and conveniently anywhere, anytime to your compatible smart device.
* CGM-based treatment requires fingersticks for calibration; may result in hypoglycemia if calibration not performed or symptoms/expectations do not match CGM readings.
The Dexcom G5 Mobile CGM System provides personalized trend alerts right on your smart device and lets you see when your glucose levels are going too low, or too high, so you can better manage your diabetes. The Alert Schedule feature lets you schedule and customize a second set of alerts. For example, you can set the schedule to match your work hours and have different alert settings during the rest of the day. Custom alert sounds are available, including a Vibrate-Only option on the phone for glucose alerts other than the Urgent Low Alarm.
The Always Sound setting allows you to receive certain Dexcom CGM Alerts even if your phone sound is off, set to vibrate, or in Do Not Disturb mode. This will allow you to silence calls or texts but still receive CGM Alerts, including Low and High Glucose alert, Urgent Low Alarm, and Rise and Fall Rate alerts. Always Sound is on by default. A Home screen icon shows you if your Alerts will sound or not. For safety, three alerts cannot be silenced: Urgent Low Alarm, Transmitter Failure, and Sensor Failure. Please note that when Android phones are on the most restrictive Do Not Disturb setting (Total Silence), you will not receive any audible alerts/alarm, including the urgent low, transmitter failure, or sensor failure.
In addition to the exceptional performance provided by the Dexcom Sensor, you’ll receive other valuable features:
• Intuitive and user-friendly interface
• Dexcom SHARE® remote monitoring is built into the G5 app, allowing you to share your glucose data with up to five followers, who can remotely monitor your glucose data and trends on their compatible smart device with the Dexcom Follow app. Share and Follow functions require an internet connection.
• S Health access so you can share retrospective glucose data with third party apps
• Quick Glance allows you to view your glucose data on the lock screen of your smart device
Android Wear Integration
• Activate the Dexcom G5 Mobile watch face to quickly access your glucose information and trend graph right from your wrist
• You can view glucose alerts and alarms from your Android Wear watch
The Dexcom G5 Mobile Android App is compatible with select Android devices only. Visit Dexcom.com/compatibility for more information.
This app store should not be used as your first point of contact to resolve technical or customer services issues. In order to protect your privacy and personal information, and promptly resolve any technical or customer services issues you are having with any Dexcom product, please contact 1-888-738-3646.
Dexcom is required to follow up with customers regarding product-related complaints. If Dexcom determines that your comment/complaint requires follow up, a technical support representative will attempt to contact you to gather more information regarding your comment/complaint.