When you need to re-install the phone system; repair or change the phone, or want to keep your messages private from others, this app is the perfect helper to you which provides the easiest way to backup and restore SMS data.
As long as backup is done by this app, even if you have deleted all the messages, you can still check them with this app.
You have two ways to backup. To SD card or to a private E-mail. (If you choose to backup to a private E-mail, please set your Gmail account in advance)
* SMS backup
* Restore SMS. This app will automatically import the data to the original position.
* Two backup types: Backup to SD card or a private E-mail, you can choose the backup type on your own.
* View feature: you can check the backup messages on SD card, even if you have deleted all the messages, you can still check them with this app without restore.
* Private E-mail setting. You can set your own private E-mail if you want to backup by Email. The backup files will be sent to your designated E-mail address.
* Delete feature. You can delete the backup files on the SD card as you wish.
--- Feedback ---
If you have any issues or concerns with SMS backup, please send me an email and we will find a solution for this problem! Thanks! :)
The backup is created only on the SD Card by default unless you configure it to upload to Email, Google Drive or Dropbox. You are responsible for backup files and the files are not sent to the developer in any case.
On Android 4.4+ devices, if you have performed the Restore and the messages don't appear in Hangouts then:
- Open Hangouts and Disable SMS from Settings.
- Exit the Hangouts app
- Open Hangouts and Enable SMS from Settings.
- Backup SMS Messages in XML format.
- Backup created locally on the device with options to automatically upload to Email, Google Drive or Dropbox using the Add-On app.
- Choose a scheduled time to automatically backup.
- Backup format is independent of the Android version so the messages can be easily moved from one phone to another, irrespective of the Android version.
- Option to select which conversations to backup.
- View/Restore all Messages or only selected conversations.
- Delete all SMS Messages on the Phone.
- Email a backup file.
- The XML can then be converted to other formats, and can also be viewed on a computer.
- Tested on Android v1.5 to v4.4.2
Please note that MMS (Picture/Audio/Video messages) support is currently in BETA.
On newer phones with inbuilt storage the default backup location will probably be the internal storage card and not the external.
This is because the phone reports the storage that way.
If you intend to do a factory reset on the phone, please make sure you save/email a copy of the backup outside the phone before doing it.
Lots more info at http://android.riteshsahu.com/apps/sms-backup-restore
FAQs can be found at http://bit.ly/d9t7Jk
Please start the app at least once after updates so that the scheduled backups start working.
This App needs access to the following:
* Your messages: Backup and Restore messages. Receive SMS permission needed to properly handle messages received while the app is the default messaging app on Android 4.4+ devices.
* Storage: To create the Backup file on the SD card.
* Phone calls - Without this the Restore fails on some phones.
* Your social information: To display and store the contact names in the Backup file.
* Run at start-up: Start scheduled Backups.
* Control Vibration: To vibrate the phone when an operation is completed.
* Prevent Phone from Sleeping: To prevent the phone from going to sleep/suspended state while a Backup or Restore operation is in progress.
* Test access to Protected Storage: To create the Backup file on the SD card.
Icons designed by Vlad Kitanoski of www.vk-solutions.com
Backup and Restore your SMS Messages to SD Card, Gmail account or Dropbox account. Lock any application you want.
● Backup and restore your SMS messages
● Backup SMS messages to your Gmail account
● Backup SMS messages to your Dropbox account
● Email a backup file
● Insert SMS message
● Export SMS messages in TXT, CSV or HTML format
● Import SMS messages from TXT or CSV file
● Protect your SMS application with a password
● Schedule automatic backups or manually back up your SMS messages
● Search the SMS messages through your backups and export results
● View backup contents on your phone or computer
This application needs access to the following:
✓ Your messages
edit SMS or MMS, read SMS or MMS
* Needed to read or write sms messages during backup or restore process.
✓ Network communication
full Internet access
view network state
* To access Gmail account
modify/delete SD card contents
* To export sms messages to sdcard.
✓ Your personal information
read contact data
* To display contact names in backups.
✓ System tools
prevent phone from sleeping
automatically start at boot
retrieve running applications
* To prevent the phone from going to sleep during backup or restore process.
* To start schedule backups after reboot
* To protect SMS application using a password
✓ Hardware controls
* To vibrate when the backup or restore operation is completed.
- Automatically upload to Google Drive.
- Automatically upload to Dropbox.
- Send automated emails after a backup.
This app does not appear in the list of apps in the phone launcher. It is used by the SMS Backup & Restore app and gets opened from the "Backup Settings" screen of that app.
It may not work with all devices as the Google Play Services may not be available. Please get in touch with me if you get problems.
This app only has access to its own folder and does not have access to other Dropbox folders.
Check the "Use Browser for Authentication" if you want to use your default/external browser for authentication rather than the built-in functionality.
All the settings on the screen are dependent on the Mail Service Provider that you use. The details about the service can be found on the providers site. Some of the common ones are linked at the bottom of this section.
Sender Email Address: The email address from which the email should be sent.
Recipient Email Address: The email address of the recipient. If you are sending the email to yourself then this will be the same as the Sender Email Address.
SMTP Server: The HostName/IP Address of the email SMTP server. For example: smtp.gmail.com for Gmail.
Port: The port used by the SMTP server. Normally 25/465/587. For example: 465 for Gmail.
Security: The security used for connecting to the SMTP server. Use SSL/TLS for Gmail.
Require Login: Checked if the SMTP server needs you to authenticate before sending emails. Check this for Gmail.
User Name: The user name required to authenticate with the SMTP server. For Gmail, its your email address.
Password: The password required to authenticate with the SMTP server. For Gmail, its your Gmail password. If you use 2-step authentication in Gmail, you'll need to generate an application specific password.
Subject: The subject for the email.
Body: The message content for the email.
This App needs access to the following:
* Network communication: To connect to Email/Dropbox/Google servers.
* Your accounts: Used for Google Drive account setup.
* View Network Connections: So that the app does not try to upload when there is no network connectivity.
* Test access to Protected Storage: To read the Backup file on the SD card.
In case of SMS backup to sdcard your messages are stored in a friendly way - separate text file per conversation.
In case of Gmail backup, each message becomes separate email. And since all messages with the same person have the same subject, they will be combined into conversations by Gmail (in case you enabled this function in your gmail settings).
Auto-Backup feature allows you to automatically backup SMS messages. Each time a new SMS is received it will be backed up automatically so you don’t need to perform the backup operation manually.
* 30-Day Money Back Guarantee
* Simple interface
* SMS Backup to Gmail
* SMS Restore from Gmail
* SMS Backup to SD card (SMS to text)
* SMS Restore from SD card
* Ability to mark the SMS with label at Gmail
Plans for future (NOT included yet):
* store sms in the cloud
* store into password secured archive on your SD card.
* mms backup/restore
* call history backup/restore
When these features are implemented, the price will raise significantly.
Buy SMS Backup app now for this extremely low price and get future updates for free.
Please send us any feedback, feature request, bug, question on email@example.com.
Tags: sms backup, sms restore, sms autobackup, sms auto backup, sms to text
The application will save your SMS messages to html-files, which are easy to handle.
The files will be stored on your sd-card. You can copy them to your computer and easily view or search them with a webbrowser of your choice.
The application creates 3 html-files:
- one for the inbox
- one for messages you've sent
- one with a thread-view like the default messaging application.
The application is able to store backups from different dates in different folders.
SMS Backup & Restore Pro is a simple Android app that backs up and restores your phone's SMS, MMS and call log message to your gmail account.
- 1-click operation
- Automatically backup SMS, MMS and call log entries using a separate label in Gmail / Google Calendar.
- Restore SMS and call log entries back to the phone (MMS not supported yet)
- Schedule automatic backups
- Works with any IMAP server (defaults to Gmail).
- WhatsApp support, transfer your WhatsApp messages to your gmail account
* It is important that you perform the first backup manually. SMS Backup Pro needs to know whether you want to upload messages currently stored on your device or not.
* After having connected your Gmail account, SMS Backup Pro will ask you to perform a first sync. If you choose "Backup", SMS Backup Pro will start backing up all your messages to Gmail.
* Please note that auto backup might not work reliably when SMS Backup Pro is installed on the SD card. In the meantime please move it back to phone memory if possible.
* If you wish to restore messages back to your phone tap "Restore". By default all messages stored on Gmail will be restored (this can be changed in "Advanced Settings").
* You can safely restore to a phone which has already message stored on it, SMS Backup Pro will skip the restore of already existing messages.
* SMS Backup Pro can also transfer your WhatsApp messages to your gmail account. In order for this to work you need to make sure to have "Backup conversations" enabled in WhatsApp (Settings - Chat Settings)
* To enable the backup in SMS Backup Pro, go to "Advanced Settings", then "Backup Settings" and tick the "Backup WhatsApp" checkbox.
* The messages will be backed up to the "WhatsApp" label in gmail. Note that WhatsApp messages are backup only, there is no way to restore them.
***Usage without Gmail (IMAP)***
* You don't have to use Gmail to backup your text messages - change Authentication to Plain text in "Advanced Settings - IMAP server settings", then change the server address / username and password accordingly. Make sure to set security to "SSL (Optional)" if the IMAP server you're connecting to has a self-signed certificate ("Unknown certificate" error during backup).
Why does it need so many permissions?
- Read contacts - Needed to map phone numbers to names and email addresses
- Your messages (read / write SMS) - Needed for backup Pro restore
- Prevent phone from sleeping - needed to keep network active during a backup
- Modify calendar events - needed for the call log backup to GCal
- Send email to guests - this refers to calendar invitations (which are not created by the app)
- Storage (modify/delete SD card contents) - this is needed for caching
- Find accounts on the device - used for authentication
- Use accounts on the device - used for authentication
- Run at startup - used to enable automatic backups after reboot
This app under the Apache License.
Apache License, Version 2.0: http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html
You can use another APP to edit the backup file: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.xuecs.sqlitemanager
* Backup & Restore SMS
* Send backup to Email / Dropbox /Bluetooth
* Export all SMS to Text File or CSV File
SMS Backup Works as Follows:
1. Automatically backs up SMS Messages every midnight.
2. On Demand Backup where on click of Backup Now Button, SMS Messages are Immediately backed up.
3. View Backup SMS Messages and view details of the messages.
4. Search the Backed up SMS Messages making it easy to find backed up SMS messages from years back.
Back up your SMS Messages so that they are around for years to come. Never let your phone delete a old Message again and secure old SMS Messages for your viewing anytime later.
Currently supports for reading and editing MS Word files( .doc , .docx , .rtf , .xml), MS Excel files( .xls , .xlsx), MS PowerPoint files (.pptx), Text file, office XML files and CSV files.
This is a great product that you are about to discover.
No additional license is needed, no Ads, no Hidden fees, no Up sells, ~everything you need is included~, and most of all our support team is always at your service (we reply fast).
- Word, Text Files and RTF files : Create, View and Edit any word file ( .doc, .docx, .rtf, .txt, .xml).
Export to PDF file(new), Spell Check, Search, Easy Selection, all buttons are dynamic, Decorate the selected text, Write Emails with this great editor and send them with your preferred Email account, add Pictures, in-app ready icons(like in the picture), Header/Footer, links, and many more features, real page size(option for viewing and zooming too), easy and fun to use, user friendly, Like the Word editor on your computer !
- Excel : Advanced excel editor, View, Edit and Save Excel files ( .xls, .xlsx), lets you create complex workbooks, easy and fast styling, includes presets that you create, all functions available for fast entry, spell check, all text styling and all cells styling, Zooming, easy to use, user friendly.
- PowerPoint : Unique PowerPoint editor, that lets you be very creative on the go and even at home, you might find it very useful for office presentations especially after you made it with this editor, many tools and features to let you achieve your goals, this editor is a must and it's included !
- CSV : View, Edit and Save CSV files, Sum Columns, Search and Edit, Sort descending/acceding according to any column, Save(save guard- to avoid lost of data).
Many records as you might need to load (100 records per page, many pages as your file is).
Add CSV, add one CSV file to another, letting you combine as many CSV files as you need into one file, easy to use, user friendly.
- Printing and emailing : You can print your documents, compose beautiful emails or attach your documents to an email.
- Tutorial section (NEW)- tutorial videos showing all the features available in Android Office editors, each editor has its own tutorial, button by button and task that might not be obvious at first glance.
According to your request, here are the permissions explanation :
- Internet access : used for Dropbox, Google license check and emailing.
- User Account info : used for registering Android Office (registration is not necessary to all users, only for those who failed to register in front of Google Play)
More information at our Web Site, feel free to contact our support team -
You can also watch the promo video.
Note : PDF editor is Coming next, you can now create PDF Files using the word editor.
* We are welcome your advice/suggestion, and we'll consider each and every advice carefully, our vision is to make Android Office as your favorite editor, simply because it's the best, please share your thoughts with us, let us know what can we do to improve this great editor - to make it even better, you can mail to FB@SiblingOnline.com , your suggestions.
**We recommend on ControlMyPc to transfer files from and to your computer, from anywhere in the world.
keywords : word , office , android office , Microsoft office , doc , docx , excel , spreadsheets , rtf , xml , txt , documents , csv , ms word , office suite , xls , xlsx, pptx ,ppt , powerpoint , power point , presentation , slideshow , slide show .
Please Note: This is the last month that Android Office will run for $5.99, get your copy now to get it for the lowest price, all updates are free and it's all included.
You can backup Apps & Contacts & SMS & Call logs & Bookmarks & Calendars to the SD card/Gmail.You will never lose your data again!
This is the Ads free version of Super Backup
If your phone has inbuilt storage, the default backup location will probably be the internal storage card and not the external.
This is because the phone reports the storage that way.
If you intend to do a factory reset on the phone, please make sure default backup folder is in your external SD card before doing it. If not, please copy the entire backup folder ("SmsContactsBackup" by default)to your external SD card
-Backup apps to SD card
-Backup & restore app's data(need root)
-Batch restore apps from SD card (need root)
-Backup Contacts & SMS & Call logs & Bookmarks & Calendars to SD card
-Restore Contacts & SMS & Call logs & Bookmarks & Calendars from SD card
-Can select SMS conversations to backup
-Delete the backup data on SD card
-Schedule automatic backups
-Auto upload scheduled backups to your Gmail
-Show last backup count & time
-User can change backup folder path in Settings
READ YOUR TEXT MESSAGES (SMS OR MMS)/EDIT YOUR TEXT MESSAGES (SMS OR MMS)
These permissions are used to backup & restore your SMS
READ YOUR CONTACTS/MODIFY YOUR CONTACTS
These permissions are used to backup & restore your Contacts
WRITE WEB BOOKMARKS AND HISTORY/READ YOUR WEB BOOKMARKS AND HISTORY
These permissions are used to backup & restore your Bookmarks
READ CALENDAR EVENTS PLUS CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION/ADD OR MODIFY CALENDAR EVENTS AND SEND EMAIL TO GUESTS WITHOUT OWNERS' KNOWLEDGE
These permissions are used to backup & restore your Calendars
READ CALL LOG/WRITE CALL LOG
These permissions are used to backup & restore your Call logs
- Italian- Thanks to Emmanuel Avetta
- Portuguese- Thanks to Emmanuel Avetta
- Korean- Thanks to 장승훈
- Hungaria- Thanks to Balu
It can open, create, edit and save XML files, as well as HTML. It alse validates every input and adds syntax coloration.
Use a long press on any node to bring the context menu. Also default quick action are enabled : simple tap to edit, double tap to add a children.
Axel can read valid XML documents, HTML documents (valid or not), and some compressed formats (APK compressed XML, PList).
Please feel free to contact me to report bugs, request new features or comment this application.
The application source code can be found and forked on GitHub (https://github.com/xgouchet/Axel)
Requires Adobe Air (it's FREE) and Android 2.2 or later.
More from developer
-Port Scanner with Malicious Port Scanner
-Testing network connectivity
-HTTP Response Reader
-Traceroute (Requires ROOT access)
-DNS to IP
-Wake on LAN
and lots more…
Note: Certain codes may not work depending on device model, manufacturer or different ROMs. Please do report if code doesn't work.
It has the following functions
-Display Network and Connection Information
-Listing applications connecting to INTERNET
-Display current IPTABLES configuration
-Displays logcat output and provision for filtering the log output
-Provision for adding firewall rules
-Blacklisting/Whitelisting specific application
-Blacklisting/Whitelisting specific IP address or port
-Maintaining log and provision for exporting log information
-and lots more….
Please note this application contains pre-release functionalities and may be changed substantially before the final release. Please report for any bugs or issues which is essential for the further enhancement of the application. Ensure that the device has ROOT access and BUSYBOX utility installed.
-Displays information such as Country code, Country Name, Region Name, City Name and geographic data such as Latitude and Longitude.
-Displays the Location Information on Map.
-Forwards incomming SMS to specifed email.
-Archives SMS in case of no internet connectivity.
-Detailed Log messages of each activity.
-Filters SMS according to predefined number on user choice.
-Neat and simple interface.
The application has been tested successfully with GMAIL mail client. However Yahoo and Hotmail accounts are also supported. If any problem persists in using Yahoo or Hotmail kindly email me.
Please note that if you are updating from the app from previous version make sure you restart the service after updation.
NOTE: The application is still in its development stage so bugs are bound to occur. Please report for any issues or bugs generated. More features will be made available in the final version.