When you need to re-install the phone system; repair or change the phone, or want to keep your messages private from others, this app is the perfect helper to you which provides the easiest way to backup and restore SMS data.
As long as backup is done by this app, even if you have deleted all the messages, you can still check them with this app.
You have two ways to backup. To SD card or to a private E-mail. (If you choose to backup to a private E-mail, please set your Gmail account in advance)
* SMS backup
* Restore SMS. This app will automatically import the data to the original position.
* Two backup types: Backup to SD card or a private E-mail, you can choose the backup type on your own.
* View feature: you can check the backup messages on SD card, even if you have deleted all the messages, you can still check them with this app without restore.
* Private E-mail setting. You can set your own private E-mail if you want to backup by Email. The backup files will be sent to your designated E-mail address.
* Delete feature. You can delete the backup files on the SD card as you wish.
--- Feedback ---
If you have any issues or concerns with SMS backup, please send me an email and we will find a solution for this problem! Thanks! :)
The backup is created only on the SD Card by default unless you configure it to upload to Email, Google Drive or Dropbox. You are responsible for backup files and the files are not sent to the developer in any case.
On Android 4.4+ devices, if you have performed the Restore and the messages don't appear in Hangouts then:
- Open Hangouts and Disable SMS from Settings.
- Exit the Hangouts app
- Open Hangouts and Enable SMS from Settings.
- Backup SMS Messages in XML format.
- Backup created locally on the device with options to automatically upload to Email, Google Drive or Dropbox using the Add-On app.
- Choose a scheduled time to automatically backup.
- Backup format is independent of the Android version so the messages can be easily moved from one phone to another, irrespective of the Android version.
- Option to select which conversations to backup.
- View/Restore all Messages or only selected conversations.
- Delete all SMS Messages on the Phone.
- Email a backup file.
- The XML can then be converted to other formats, and can also be viewed on a computer.
- Tested on Android v1.5 to v4.4.2
Please note that MMS (Picture/Audio/Video messages) support is currently in BETA.
On newer phones with inbuilt storage the default backup location will probably be the internal storage card and not the external.
This is because the phone reports the storage that way.
If you intend to do a factory reset on the phone, please make sure you save/email a copy of the backup outside the phone before doing it.
Lots more info at http://android.riteshsahu.com/apps/sms-backup-restore
FAQs can be found at http://bit.ly/d9t7Jk
Please start the app at least once after updates so that the scheduled backups start working.
This App needs access to the following:
* Your messages: Backup and Restore messages. Receive SMS permission needed to properly handle messages received while the app is the default messaging app on Android 4.4+ devices.
* Storage: To create the Backup file on the SD card.
* Phone calls - Without this the Restore fails on some phones.
* Your social information: To display and store the contact names in the Backup file.
* Run at start-up: Start scheduled Backups.
* Control Vibration: To vibrate the phone when an operation is completed.
* Prevent Phone from Sleeping: To prevent the phone from going to sleep/suspended state while a Backup or Restore operation is in progress.
* Test access to Protected Storage: To create the Backup file on the SD card.
Icons designed by Vlad Kitanoski of www.vk-solutions.com
You can use another APP to edit the backup file: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.xuecs.sqlitemanager
* Backup & Restore SMS
* Send backup to Email / Dropbox /Bluetooth
* Export all SMS to Text File or CSV File
Backup and Restore your SMS Messages to SD Card, Gmail account or Dropbox account. Lock any application you want.
● Backup and restore your SMS messages
● Backup SMS messages to your Gmail account
● Backup SMS messages to your Dropbox account
● Email a backup file
● Insert SMS message
● Export SMS messages in TXT, CSV or HTML format
● Import SMS messages from TXT or CSV file
● Protect your SMS application with a password
● Schedule automatic backups or manually back up your SMS messages
● Search the SMS messages through your backups and export results
● View backup contents on your phone or computer
This application needs access to the following:
✓ Your messages
edit SMS or MMS, read SMS or MMS
* Needed to read or write sms messages during backup or restore process.
✓ Network communication
full Internet access
view network state
* To access Gmail account
modify/delete SD card contents
* To export sms messages to sdcard.
✓ Your personal information
read contact data
* To display contact names in backups.
✓ System tools
prevent phone from sleeping
automatically start at boot
retrieve running applications
* To prevent the phone from going to sleep during backup or restore process.
* To start schedule backups after reboot
* To protect SMS application using a password
✓ Hardware controls
* To vibrate when the backup or restore operation is completed.
- Automatically upload to Google Drive.
- Automatically upload to Dropbox.
- Send automated emails after a backup.
This app does not appear in the list of apps in the phone launcher. It is used by the SMS Backup & Restore app and gets opened from the "Backup Settings" screen of that app.
It may not work with all devices as the Google Play Services may not be available. Please get in touch with me if you get problems.
This app only has access to its own folder and does not have access to other Dropbox folders.
Check the "Use Browser for Authentication" if you want to use your default/external browser for authentication rather than the built-in functionality.
All the settings on the screen are dependent on the Mail Service Provider that you use. The details about the service can be found on the providers site. Some of the common ones are linked at the bottom of this section.
Sender Email Address: The email address from which the email should be sent.
Recipient Email Address: The email address of the recipient. If you are sending the email to yourself then this will be the same as the Sender Email Address.
SMTP Server: The HostName/IP Address of the email SMTP server. For example: smtp.gmail.com for Gmail.
Port: The port used by the SMTP server. Normally 25/465/587. For example: 465 for Gmail.
Security: The security used for connecting to the SMTP server. Use SSL/TLS for Gmail.
Require Login: Checked if the SMTP server needs you to authenticate before sending emails. Check this for Gmail.
User Name: The user name required to authenticate with the SMTP server. For Gmail, its your email address.
Password: The password required to authenticate with the SMTP server. For Gmail, its your Gmail password. If you use 2-step authentication in Gmail, you'll need to generate an application specific password.
Subject: The subject for the email.
Body: The message content for the email.
This App needs access to the following:
* Network communication: To connect to Email/Dropbox/Google servers.
* Your accounts: Used for Google Drive account setup.
* View Network Connections: So that the app does not try to upload when there is no network connectivity.
* Test access to Protected Storage: To read the Backup file on the SD card.
In case of SMS backup to sdcard your messages are stored in a friendly way - separate text file per conversation.
In case of Gmail backup, each message becomes separate email. And since all messages with the same person have the same subject, they will be combined into conversations by Gmail (in case you enabled this function in your gmail settings).
Auto-Backup feature allows you to automatically backup SMS messages. Each time a new SMS is received it will be backed up automatically so you don’t need to perform the backup operation manually.
* 30-Day Money Back Guarantee
* Simple interface
* SMS Backup to Gmail
* SMS Restore from Gmail
* SMS Backup to SD card (SMS to text)
* SMS Restore from SD card
* Ability to mark the SMS with label at Gmail
Plans for future (NOT included yet):
* store sms in the cloud
* store into password secured archive on your SD card.
* mms backup/restore
* call history backup/restore
When these features are implemented, the price will raise significantly.
Buy SMS Backup app now for this extremely low price and get future updates for free.
Please send us any feedback, feature request, bug, question on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tags: sms backup, sms restore, sms autobackup, sms auto backup, sms to text
SMS Backup & Restore Pro is a simple Android app that backs up and restores your phone's SMS, MMS and call log message to your gmail account.
- 1-click operation
- Automatically backup SMS, MMS and call log entries using a separate label in Gmail / Google Calendar.
- Restore SMS and call log entries back to the phone (MMS not supported yet)
- Schedule automatic backups
- Works with any IMAP server (defaults to Gmail).
- WhatsApp support, transfer your WhatsApp messages to your gmail account
* It is important that you perform the first backup manually. SMS Backup Pro needs to know whether you want to upload messages currently stored on your device or not.
* After having connected your Gmail account, SMS Backup Pro will ask you to perform a first sync. If you choose "Backup", SMS Backup Pro will start backing up all your messages to Gmail.
* Please note that auto backup might not work reliably when SMS Backup Pro is installed on the SD card. In the meantime please move it back to phone memory if possible.
* If you wish to restore messages back to your phone tap "Restore". By default all messages stored on Gmail will be restored (this can be changed in "Advanced Settings").
* You can safely restore to a phone which has already message stored on it, SMS Backup Pro will skip the restore of already existing messages.
* SMS Backup Pro can also transfer your WhatsApp messages to your gmail account. In order for this to work you need to make sure to have "Backup conversations" enabled in WhatsApp (Settings - Chat Settings)
* To enable the backup in SMS Backup Pro, go to "Advanced Settings", then "Backup Settings" and tick the "Backup WhatsApp" checkbox.
* The messages will be backed up to the "WhatsApp" label in gmail. Note that WhatsApp messages are backup only, there is no way to restore them.
***Usage without Gmail (IMAP)***
* You don't have to use Gmail to backup your text messages - change Authentication to Plain text in "Advanced Settings - IMAP server settings", then change the server address / username and password accordingly. Make sure to set security to "SSL (Optional)" if the IMAP server you're connecting to has a self-signed certificate ("Unknown certificate" error during backup).
Why does it need so many permissions?
- Read contacts - Needed to map phone numbers to names and email addresses
- Your messages (read / write SMS) - Needed for backup Pro restore
- Prevent phone from sleeping - needed to keep network active during a backup
- Modify calendar events - needed for the call log backup to GCal
- Send email to guests - this refers to calendar invitations (which are not created by the app)
- Storage (modify/delete SD card contents) - this is needed for caching
- Find accounts on the device - used for authentication
- Use accounts on the device - used for authentication
- Run at startup - used to enable automatic backups after reboot
This app under the Apache License.
Apache License, Version 2.0: http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html
The application will save your SMS messages to html-files, which are easy to handle.
The files will be stored on your sd-card. You can copy them to your computer and easily view or search them with a webbrowser of your choice.
The application creates 3 html-files:
- one for the inbox
- one for messages you've sent
- one with a thread-view like the default messaging application.
The application is able to store backups from different dates in different folders.
This invaluable App let's you backup your SMS messages the easy way: just push them to your Google Mail account!
★ First configure your Google Mail credentials
★ Choose from any Google Mail label you have
★ From now on the App will push every SMS you send or recieve to this label
★ If no network connection is available: no problem! The App caches every SMS which could not be transfered. With the next successful transfer attempt, these SMS will be transfered. No SMS will get lost!
★ You even can push SMS to your Google Mail account, that have been sent or received before you installed the App!
★ MAKE SURE IMAP ACCESS IS ENABLED IN YOUR GOOGLE MAIL PREFERENCES!
If you have any problem with this App: don't be afraid to send me an email. I will fix every problem as soon as possible.
★ Please contact me in case of any problems before you leave a bad comment / ranking. I will solve your problem! ★
Unlike other “backup” or “save to email” applications, TxtArchive is a true archiving system. Messages in your inbox can be copied to an alternate short-term database that resides on your phone. Once archived, you can continue to view the messages even after deleting them from your inbox. This allows you to keep your inbox clean and fast.
For long-term safe keeping, you can export the archived messages to your SD card or email address. You can archive and export all of your messages, with the click of a single button, or select individual messages or threads. You choose what and when to archive, how long to keep them on your phone, and what and when to export. All while keeping your inbox clean and fast.
We are unaware of any other SMS application that has this capability. Other SMS applications simply backup or copy. They do not archive, first to an accessible database on the device, and then elsewhere for safe keeping - thus the name TxtArchive.
For one penny a day, you maintain your privacy by not being subjected to advertising based on the content of your private messages. Try TxtArchive today to save your text messages, speed up your inbox, and take control of your privacy.
See below Web page for Important Information. [txt, txts, text, texts, msg, msgs, message, messages, sms, mms, archive, backup].
*** Todo Application ***
If you are looking for an excellent application to manage your activities, check out Starbelly Software's new Todo application by searching the Android Market for "Starbelly Software" or visit our WEB site and click the link located there. Please consider purchasing from this very responsive and talented Android developer.
1). Backup/restore your SMS to/from Gmail;
2). Backup/restore your call log to/from Gmail;
3). Backup/restore your MMS to/from Gmail;
4). Support to login Gmail with XOAuth, you needn't to provide your Gmail password;
5). Support to hide application icon;
6). More features will be added in the feature.
Please make sure you had enabled Gmail IMAP option.
BACKUP and RESTORE all SMS text messages from your device to an file stored in the SDCARD (SMS BACKUP n2manager) folder.
***Want export SMS to your computer and more features? please install SMS BACKUP PRO n2manager!***
- Choose the filename backup.
- Automatic Scheduled SMS Backups.
- View Backup SMS content.
- Restore SMS BACKUP
- Delete backup sms files
- Delete sms messages
- SMS backups very fast (within a few seconds)
- App 2 SD (Android 2.2 or higher)
NOTE: There is a known problem with some firmware versions of the Droid X and Droid 2 phones that the restored messages do not get the correct time stamps.
NOTE 2: The scheduled backups MAY NOT work properly if the app is installed on the external storage card.
sms, backup, messages, txt, save,text, SMS Backup, SMS Schedule Backup,Schedule SMS Backup
Why just backup your SMS to SD Card? Using this app you can backup your SMS through emails, Clouds (if installed) or computer or other device (via Bluetooth).
- This app provides very good functionality to backup and restore your SMS.
- Simple and clean application design is easy to use for any age.
- App UI is based on the latest Android Design and it supports almost all types of devices and resolutions.
- This app retrieves all SMS stored on your Android device and saves it in a single xml file.
HOW TO CREATE BACKUP?
It’s a very simple procedure just tap on backup button from your screen and let the application do rest to backup your SMS.
After all SMS backup successfully we will always remind you to keep your files at safe place like mail, cloud, your computer via Bluetooth or you can use any other file sharing tool and make your file safe.
HOW TO RESTORE?
To Restore, It does also require a single tap from your side. From application main screen tap “Restore” button once. It will prompt you to pick a backup file from our default directory. Just select your desired file of backup and it will add those SMS in your SMS Log.
Note: It’s highly recommended to take back-up regularly and restore it from last previous backup file to get all the latest added SMS restored once again.
Have you messed up while restoring your SMS using some other application or want to delete all the SMS LOG from the Phone, and then just tap the DELETE button.
It will help you to clear your phone book. BE VERY CAREFUL WHILE USING THIS DELETE FEATURE.
WANT TO SHARE?
Want to share this wonderful app with your friends? Do it using SHARE option from the app itself.
Isn’t it great app? So what are you waiting for? If you really don’t want to miss your important SMS from your phone it is a good idea to take a backup regularly using this app!!!
More from developer
-Port Scanner with Malicious Port Scanner
-Testing network connectivity
-HTTP Response Reader
-Traceroute (Requires ROOT access)
-DNS to IP
-Wake on LAN
and lots more…
Note: Certain codes may not work depending on device model, manufacturer or different ROMs. Please do report if code doesn't work.
It has the following functions
-Display Network and Connection Information
-Listing applications connecting to INTERNET
-Display current IPTABLES configuration
-Displays logcat output and provision for filtering the log output
-Provision for adding firewall rules
-Blacklisting/Whitelisting specific application
-Blacklisting/Whitelisting specific IP address or port
-Maintaining log and provision for exporting log information
-and lots more….
Please note this application contains pre-release functionalities and may be changed substantially before the final release. Please report for any bugs or issues which is essential for the further enhancement of the application. Ensure that the device has ROOT access and BUSYBOX utility installed.
-Displays information such as Country code, Country Name, Region Name, City Name and geographic data such as Latitude and Longitude.
-Displays the Location Information on Map.
-Forwards incomming SMS to specifed email.
-Archives SMS in case of no internet connectivity.
-Detailed Log messages of each activity.
-Filters SMS according to predefined number on user choice.
-Neat and simple interface.
The application has been tested successfully with GMAIL mail client. However Yahoo and Hotmail accounts are also supported. If any problem persists in using Yahoo or Hotmail kindly email me.
Please note that if you are updating from the app from previous version make sure you restart the service after updation.
NOTE: The application is still in its development stage so bugs are bound to occur. Please report for any issues or bugs generated. More features will be made available in the final version.