The VDMA (Verband Deutscher Maschinen- und Anlagenbau - German Engineering Federation) is a network of around 3,100 engineering industry companies in Germany making it one of the largest and most important industrial associations in Europe with over 400 industry experts. VDMA was founded in 1892 and since then successful engineering companies have been working with us to create a powerful force to represent their interests both at national and international level. VDMA covers the entire process chain – in the field of mechanical engineering including associated tools and components, of process, production, manufacturing, drive-train and automation engineering, office and information technology, software, and product-related services, i.e. from components to plants, from system suppliers and system integrators through to service providers.
VDMA is divided into 15 cross-sector departments, branch offices in Berlin and Brussels, offices in Brazil, China, India, Japan and Russia, 39 trade associations and labour groups, international committees and forums, six state associations and several service organisations.
The office in India acts a ‘bridge-head’ between the German and Indian Industry and serves the Indo-German economic relations in the different engineering sectors. This office promotes the activities of the VDMA member companies in India with a nodal office in Kolkata and regional offices in Bengaluru, Mumbai and New Delhi/ Noida. VDMA India office maintains close relations with the Indian Industry, Indo-German companies, Embassy and Consulates and various Indian Industry Associations, particularly with CII, FICCI, EEPC, ASSOCHAM, FIEO, CAPEXIL, ICC, IGCC to name a few.
1. Acts as a "bridge-head" between the German and Indian Industry
2. Organizing symposia and similar presentations of German technology in India.
3. Participating in and servicing bilateral programmes, such as those in existence, with governmental participation between Germany and India.
4, Furnishing of information about the complete product program of the German Machinery industry to assist Indian companies to identify right partners for mutual business relationship.
5. Providing information on market trends, prospects, future development, new projects and tenders
6. Facilitating Tie-Up / Joint Ventures / Collaborations between German and Indian companies for mutual benefit.
7. Assists Indian Entrepreneur to promote their business in Germany under "License and Cooperation Center" (LIKO)