*** Available in Metric and Imperial Units ***
*** Available in English, Français, Español, Italiano, Deutsch & Português ***
Beam Calculator contains following 34 calculators:
• Critical Bending Moment (Rectangular Cross Section)
• Critical Bending Moment (Open Cross Section)
• Critical Bending Moment (Nonuniform Bending Moment Gradient)
• Moment Gradient Factor
• Maximum Stress (Axial and Bending Loads)
• Maximum Stress (Deflection due to Bending is Large)
• Deflection (Axial Compression and Bending)
• Critical Buckling Load
• Stress (Unsymmetrical Bending)
• Total Unit Stress (Eccentric Loading)
• Deflection (Eccentric Loading)
• Stress (Eccentric Loading)
• Trial Design Area of Steel
• Area of Compression
• Depth of Compression Area
• Distance from Centroid to Extreme Compressive Fiber
• Nominal Moment Capacity
• Adjusted Steel Area
• Balanced Steel Reinforcement Ratio
• Minimum Steel Reinforcement Ratio
• Maximum Steel Reinforcement Ratio
• Required Beam Dimensions
• Concrete Shear Strength
• Steel Shear Strength
• Maximum Allowable Steel Shear
• Maximum Allowable Total Shear
• Horizontal Shear Steel Area
• Angled Shear Steel Area
• Vertical Stirrup Spacing
• Angled Stirrup Spacing
• Vertical Stirrup Shear Strength
• Angled Stirrup Shear Strength
• Stirrup Embedment Length
• Maximum Tension Steel Spacing
Beam Calculator contains following 32 converters:
• Flow Rate (Mass)
• Flow Rate (Volume)
• Metric Weight
• Moment of Force
• Moment of Inertia
• Specific Heat Capacity
• Specific Volume
• Thermal Conductivity
• Thermal Expansion
• Viscosity (Dynamic)
• Viscosity (Oil & Water)
• Viscosity (Kinematic)
• Complete coverage of calculators and converters in Beam and Civil Engineering parameters.
• Automatic calculation and conversion of the output with respect to changes in the input, options and units.
• Formulas are provided for each calculator.
• Extremely accurate calculations and conversions.
• Professionally and newly designed user interface that speeds up data entry, easy viewing and calculation speed.
Most Comprehensive Beam Calculator
Con esta aplicación podrán conectarse directamente con la web Civil Excel, y descargar planillas Excel relacionadas con las siguientes materias:
- Cómputos Métricos
- Estructuras Metálicas
- Estructuras de Madera
- Hormigón Armado
- Maquinaria y Equipo
- Mecánica de suelos
- Obras hidráulicas
Todos los documentos son de descarga gratuita, proporcionados por los administradores y miembros de la comunidad Civil Excel.
Estas planillas Excel son útiles para los profesionales y estudiantes de ingeniería civil.
It is NOT a game, nor a steel history book, nor a knife maker catalog, nor an engineering manual.
If you have relevant information, please share with me and I'll publish it.
Includes popular, exotic and high end alloys used in knife blades.
Over 6300 alloy names, over 960 compositions. Alloy names for 21 different national standards, proprietary names and their equivalents. Easy composition comparison with bar graph in 3 modes: mass percentage, molar masses and atomic count per 1000 atoms.
Supports Bookmarking of the alloys, including bookmarks export/import, listings by multiple criteria including Standards, Technologies, Makers, Countries, Recently Viewed, Bookmarks, and custom search filters.
Explanation of the alloying elements effects on steel is included, accessible form both, steel detail and graph views.
Storage Access - To import/export bookmarks;
Network Access - To synchronize the device with zknives.com central db;
Connectivity - Testing connection availability prior to sync attempt;
App needs 2mb space on the device, regardless of install location!!!
Sorry, there will be no translations to any language. I am one person collecting steel data and coding the app on 3 platforms. I have neither time nor resources to keep constantly translating large database.
You can help by reporting missing alloys, and incorrect info. That's a lot more helpful than leaving utterly useless "I didn't find what I wanted" comments, what do you expect me to do anyway, dream up what was it you didn't find? 99% of the times people are mixing up knife brand names with steel names, I can clear that much up if anything else.
P.S. S30V real name is CPM S30V. All Crucible CPM steels used in knives are in the database, now including their aliases.
The companion app the installs on your handset with the watch face allows you to configure the colors on the watch face. Choose from a wide array of colors to give you face a style that suits you.
Easy to learn how to read the time and impress your friends with your level of awesomeness!
There is a picture explaining how to read the time in the screenshots below.
be nerd /geek enough and give it a try!.
** BROWSE & SEARCH for sections in the main window, displaying either of:
- Metric Designation, only metric names displayed and search conducted on these values.
- Metric Designation + Imperial Equivalent, both metric and imperial names displayed, search conducted on the metric values.
- Imperial Designation + Metric Equivalent, both metric and imperial names displayed, search conducted on the imperial values.
** SORT all sections based on a specific property, either in ascending or descending order.
** CONVERT units between Metric and English unit systems
** FLEXIBLE SEARCH lets you find a section faster, reducing typing and switching between the numeric and alphanumeric keyboard on the iPhone. Instead of entering "L 1.75 x 1.75 x 0.250" (which does work as well) you can simply input "L1.751.750.25"
** NO WIRELESS CONNECTION REQUIRED:
All data is stored locally, making browsing and searching extremely fast.
Latest CISC-ICCA database v9.2
Here you only need to enter:
- load type & value
- Steel yield
- Whether each beam's self weight should be considered.
The app will find all the sections that meet shear, bending & deflection criteria and present them in a searchable & sortable list! Select a section from the list and view the detailed results for that particular section
The results can be sorted by weight, depth, inertia, moduli in ascending / descending order.
You can literally obtain an optimal design in less than a minute as well as check of a given section meeting the design criteria.
- Contains the latest AISC v14 Steel Shapes Database.
- Supports both US Custom or Metric Unit systems.
- Searchable & Sortable passing beams section.
- Works with any Yield value up to 65ksi / 450 MPa, not limited to only 36 or 50 ksi.
- Select whether or not the self-weight of each beam is to be considered.
- Define bracing @ Beam Ends, Half or Quarter of span, or fully braced.
- Solve for All, first 10 or 50 sections for a given type (in increasing weight order), saving calculation time for shape types with a large number of designations (W, HSS, 2L, etc)
- All your preferences are instantly saved, no need to re-enter a value that does not change between problems.
- Detail window reports max moment and shear, bending & allowed bending stress, shear & allowed shear stress, deflections and problem set-up summary.
- ASD9 Solver
- Include calculation of moment gradient coefficient or select the use of conservative one (Cb=1)
- Solve for point load at mid-span, distributed load or enter your own shear & moment values* from more complex load cases
- Ideal for students and professionals of the Architectural, Engineering & Construction industries!
The application checks for bending & shear stresses as the passing criteria. It also reports deflections, it's up to the user, however, to decide whether the deflections are within acceptable limits for the desired application.
Only singly or doubly symmetric shapes are considered, hence, single angles are not included in this release. Double angles (2L) sections are included BUT assumed to be under continuous contact.
Whether you are in the field or in the office, we are sure that you'll find this app very useful.
As always, GOOD engineering judgement & experience is needed when using engineering applications.