We also publish President Obama's *Inaugural Address USA 2009* and a speech on space exploration in 2010.
This app is designed for reading while off-line, without an Internet connection.
The companion app that installs on your handset with the watch face allows you to configure the colors on the watch face. Choose from a wide array of colors to give you a face style that suits you.
Learn how to read time in binary and impress your friends with your awesomeness!
There is a picture explaining how to read the time in the screenshots below and inside the application.
Unleash your inner geek by giving it a try! Earn a bazillion Geek Points just by downloading it!
** BROWSE & SEARCH for sections in the main window, displaying either of:
- Metric Designation, only metric names displayed and search conducted on these values.
- Metric Designation + Imperial Equivalent, both metric and imperial names displayed, search conducted on the metric values.
- Imperial Designation + Metric Equivalent, both metric and imperial names displayed, search conducted on the imperial values.
** SORT all sections based on a specific property, either in ascending or descending order.
** CONVERT units between Metric and English unit systems
** FLEXIBLE SEARCH lets you find a section faster, reducing typing and switching between the numeric and alphanumeric keyboard on the iPhone. Instead of entering "L 1.75 x 1.75 x 0.250" (which does work as well) you can simply input "L1.751.750.25"
** NO WIRELESS CONNECTION REQUIRED:
All data is stored locally, making browsing and searching extremely fast.
Latest CISC-ICCA database v9.2
Here you only need to enter:
- load type & value
- Steel yield
- Whether each beam's self weight should be considered.
The app will find all the sections that meet shear, bending & deflection criteria and present them in a searchable & sortable list! Select a section from the list and view the detailed results for that particular section
The results can be sorted by weight, depth, inertia, moduli in ascending / descending order.
You can literally obtain an optimal design in less than a minute as well as check of a given section meeting the design criteria.
- Contains the latest AISC v14 Steel Shapes Database.
- Supports both US Custom or Metric Unit systems.
- Searchable & Sortable passing beams section.
- Works with any Yield value up to 65ksi / 450 MPa, not limited to only 36 or 50 ksi.
- Select whether or not the self-weight of each beam is to be considered.
- Define bracing @ Beam Ends, Half or Quarter of span, or fully braced.
- Solve for All, first 10 or 50 sections for a given type (in increasing weight order), saving calculation time for shape types with a large number of designations (W, HSS, 2L, etc)
- All your preferences are instantly saved, no need to re-enter a value that does not change between problems.
- Detail window reports max moment and shear, bending & allowed bending stress, shear & allowed shear stress, deflections and problem set-up summary.
- ASD9 Solver
- Include calculation of moment gradient coefficient or select the use of conservative one (Cb=1)
- Solve for point load at mid-span, distributed load or enter your own shear & moment values* from more complex load cases
- Ideal for students and professionals of the Architectural, Engineering & Construction industries!
The application checks for bending & shear stresses as the passing criteria. It also reports deflections, it's up to the user, however, to decide whether the deflections are within acceptable limits for the desired application.
Only singly or doubly symmetric shapes are considered, hence, single angles are not included in this release. Double angles (2L) sections are included BUT assumed to be under continuous contact.
Whether you are in the field or in the office, we are sure that you'll find this app very useful.
As always, GOOD engineering judgement & experience is needed when using engineering applications.