Dialogo AAC is the innovative Android application that provides an intuitive, simple and functional development environment for creating tables, structures and communication books, aimed to people with difficulties in verbal language, including autism spectrum disorders (ASD).
The purpose of Dialogo system is to improve the life quality of people with this type of disease that, due to frustration caused by an inability to understand and be understood, can lead to problem behaviors.
For this reason Dialogo AAC integrates better than ever, the Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC), a system that uses writing, symbols, images, instruments and gestures that would outweigh the difficulties of communication.
The application comes with a package of PACS (Pictures Animated Communication Symbols), which in addition to several classic symbols include animated images, designed to attract the attention of a user and help him understand the meaning of the figure that he is selecting.
Dialogo AAC, with its completeness and ease customization, is also a powerful tool aimed at all those people who suffer from neurodegenerative disorders that limit temporarily or permanently, the expressive language and / or mobility (AL, SMA etc.) using interfaces for accessibility such as sensors, Eyetracking, touch-screen and movie face.
So you can turn your Android tablet into a complete and amazing device for communicate.
- Creating structures simplified thanks to a visual mode of links: each grid is displayed on the left and all the grids ad'essa connected to the right, so you always have to hand the conceptual schema that is being achieved. During the creation, you can also create links directly from their cells to the grids, new or selected from those already created.
- Creating grids fully customizable: choose the number of rows and columns, the background, the layout and the number of cells, the actions that it perform when it’s visualized.
-Customization of each cell: you can choose its shape, its style, its content, and the actions it can perform (to choose from more than 50 commands) when that cell is selected by the user. You can choose an image from the local memory or other cloud services like Dropbox, or use a PACS, or choose a picture from a web search engine. The image can also be created from scratch or modified using an app-integrated image editor.
- Workbenches: allow the user to write documents (with or without images), perform math calculations, listen to music, watch videos, play flash content and more!
- The user can interact with the app in several ways, chosen at the design stage and according to the type of pathology: the selection may use the touch mode, with a single touch or a double touch, or use any sensor connected to your device through scans (sequential, blocks, row/column) in manual or automatic mode.
Also you can use the selection through eyetracking, if you have suitable hardware.
- Sharing facilities: you can create structures on a device, export them, and import them on another. This allows you to give the end user with a device Dialogo AAC while working on the other.
Dialogo AAC is constantly being updated: in addition to the features listed are working to offer more functionality and improve performance.