Anglicko-Slovenský slovník offline
* More than 100.000 words and expressions!
* Bookmark your favorite translations for fast reference
* Works offline! No Internet connection needed, perfect for your trips or when no data connection is available
* Listen to the correct pronunciation in British or American English and Slovak (if installed) using Android's built-in Text-to-speech synthesizer
* Share translations by SMS, email, etc.
This version is supported by ads. If you like the application, please consider upgrading to the ad-free version to support the development. Thanks :)
Q: How can I share a translation?
A: Just press 2-3 seconds over the translation and you will be presented with a menu with all available sharing options based on the apps installed in your device (Email, SMS, Facebook, etc)
Q: How can I change the speed of the voice?
A: The speed of the speech is controlled by the TTS engine installed with Android. It can be set up by going to:
Settings --> Voice input & output settings --> Text to speech settings --> speech rate
Q: I don't like the voice. How can I improve it?
A: The default text-to-speech engine installed with Android is Pico TTS, it’s pretty simple and sometimes may sound a bit electronic. You can always install alternatives like eSpeak, SVox or IVONA from Google Play. Please check our blog post about this subject: http://www.movinapp.com/talking-android
Q: How can I change the speech language?
A: Just go to Menu --> Settings and select the language. Currently, 3 languages are available:
* English (US)
* English (GB)
* Slovak (if installed)
The text-to-speech (TTS) technology may not be available in some devices. To check if your phone is able of speech synthesis: Menu -> Settings -> Voice input & output -> Text-to-speech settings.
If not installed, your device may ask you to install the TTS engine. An internet connection may be required. We recommend installing it before traveling as roaming data tariffs may be very expensive.
BitKnights makes quality apps for people who love or use languages. That's why we have been developing this app for 5 years now, and will continue to do so in the future. Our Slovak English Dictionary & Translator is an easy to use, lightning fast, user friendly dictionary with a huge database. Lightning fast translates from english to slovak and slovak to english.
- Voice pronunciation and input
- More than 138,000 translation pairs
- Quick search while typing (accentuation independent)
- Detailed view of the chosen word with phrases and synonyms
- Word-tap: you can tap on any word in the detailed view, to find its translations (Only in PRO version!)
- Speech in detailed view: clicking on any word will pronounce you the selected word or phrase
- Copy in detailed view: long tapping on any word will copy the word or phrase (Only in PRO version!)
- Integrated Google/Bing Translate (Internet connection is required!)
- Integrated Wiki search (Internet connection is required!)
- History & Favorites
- Moon Reader and FBReader translate support (Only in PRO version!)
- Translate by Share functionality: translate easily by sharing words with the dictionary from other apps. (Only in PRO version!)
- Translate from Clipboard notification bar: translate easily by enabling notification bar copying text to the clipboard and tapping on the notification bar. (Only in PRO version!)
If you like our app, please review it.
*** This is a fully functional FREE TRIAL ***
• Offers the most comprehensive coverage of English from around the world
• Completely revised and updated to include the very latest vocabulary, with over 350,000 words, phrases, and meanings
• Thousands of words and senses derived from the latest research from the Oxford English Corpus, giving the most complete and accurate picture of the English language today
• About 75,000 audio pronunciations of both common and rare words, doubled with both British & American voice versions, including words with controversial pronunciation or with variant pronunciations
This edition includes thousands of brand-new words and senses, as well as up-to-date encyclopedic information.
Readership: Ideal for anyone who needs a comprehensive and authoritative dictionary of current English; for professionals, students, academics, and for use at work or at home.
A SEARCH TOOL
featuring search autocomplete to help you find words quickly by displaying predictions similar to the terms you're typing. You also get enhanced search extras including:
• A quick search of words while you type.
• A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word.
• A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound words.
• A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
• Download dictionary definitions locally for offline word lookup.
A LEARNING TOOL
including a number of features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
• A 'Favorites' feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library, including cross-curriculum words.
• History list to help you easily review looked-up words.
• Discover more using the included special language notes.
• See words in context with example sentences.
• 'Word-of-the-day' feature with dedicated homescreen widget.
A mobile dictionary application from MobiSystems with content from Oxford University Press.
* Small apps extension for Sony products
- Fast application startup
- Fast word lookup
- History and Favorite mode
- Long list words scrollable table
- Text to speech for both English and Thai word
- Hangpig mini game
This product is created by the adaptation of LEXiTRON developed by NECTEC (http://www.nectec.or.th/).
♦ More than 182000 english definitions and large number of inflected forms
♦ Fast as it works offline, internet is used only when a word is not found in the offline dictionary
♦ You can leaf through words using your finger!
♦ Easy and functional user interface, optimized also for tablets
♦ Bookmarks and history with option to backup your bookmarks
♦ Crossword help: the symbol ? can be used in place of unknown letter
♦ Random search button (shuffle), useful to learn new words
♦ Compatible with Moon+ Reader and FBReader
♦ Themes with user defined text colors (how? press menu-->select Settings-->click on Theme)
♦ No voice output? Please follow instructions here: http://goo.gl/axXwR.
Word pronunciation works only if voice data have been installed in your phone (Text-to-speech engine).
♦ No automatic keyboard at startup? Please open the panel Settings and then set option Persistent Search
♦ Question & Answers: http://goo.gl/UnU7V
♦ Information about permissions used by the application can be found here: http://goo.gl/AsqT4C
You can post your suggestions on http://goo.gl/Xkk6d
In case Moon+ Reader does not list my dictionary: open pop-up "Customize dictionary" and select "Open dictionary directly when Long-Tap on a word"
⚠ An offline dictionary needs memory. In case your device has low memory, please consider to use the online dictionary: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=livio.dictionary
Information for application developers:
✔ This application provides Dictionary API for 3rd party developers, please read further details: http://thesaurus.altervista.org/dictionary-android
keywords: Englisch, Inglês, английский
This application requires the following permissions:
INTERNET - to retrieve the definition of unknown words
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE (aka Photos/Media/Files) - to backup configuration and bookmarks
Database size is more than 52MB. It will be downloaded when the application is run first time. We recommend you to use Wi-Fi connection.
1. History – every word you ever viewed is stored in history.
2. Favorites – you are able to add words to favorites list by clicking the “star” icon.
3. Managing History and Favorites lists – you are able edit those lists or clear them.
4. Various Settings – you may change application’s font and theme (choose one of several color themes).
5. Word spelling, using Text-To-Speech module (requires internet connection). Powered by iSpeech®.
6. Context word search – click any word in translation article and search for it’s translation.
7. Random word of the day widget. To see the widget in the list the application must be installed to phone memory (dictionary database may be installed anywhere).
This app contains advertising.
This app works offline – you do not need an internet connection.
In addition to the trusted reference content from Dictionary.com and Thesaurus.com, this app includes:
• Word of the Day – learn a new word every day
• Audio pronunciation – hear every word
• Voice search – speak to search
• Translator – get translations for over 30 languages
• Blog – explore over 800 fun language topics
• Slideshows – fascinating facts about language
• Quiz widget - test your vocabulary with Word of the Day quizzes
• Word origin - find out interesting etymologies
• Favorite words and search history – never forget the words you learn
• Spelling suggestions – get help with how words are spelled
• Local lookups - see which words are being searched near you
• Advanced learner’s dictionary – special content for ESL, EFL and English learners
Want even more? You can add to your app with our in-app purchases:
• Slang Dictionary
• Idioms and Phrases
• Example Sentences
• Medical, Science and Rhyming Dictionaries
Or you can get all of this additional content and remove ads for one low price with our Premium App.