* Free distance meter
* Measures the distances of nearby objects in realtime
* Visualizes the results as a diagram
1. Tap to start scanning
2. Move the device back and forth to identify the target's sonar echo
3. If necessary, move the device sidewards to escape interferences
4. Place the device at the desired position
5. Optionally, tap to hold results
6. Read measured distances
* Try both microphones via the settings menu
* Try different volume levels
* Don't cover the speaker or microphone
* For a first test, hold the device at about 1m distance in front of a wall
The steps to follow:
- Run "Sat Meter" and wait for the satellite detection, if the satellite is not active in your android, you launch automatically the parameterization screen to activate the GPS.
- Press the "Start".
- You move to see the measured distance.
You can change the unit of measurement (foot, meter, kilometer and mile).
You can also know the uncertainty of measurement displayed on the top of the display.
The application appears in 4 languages: French, English, Spanish and German.
This is useful for measurement of land, buildings and other facilities and structures, topographic and other measurements.
It is possible to remember the results of several measurements.
The application uses satellite positioning system to determine the position of the points of measurement, therefore the accuracy and other characteristics depend on the sensitivity and accuracy of satellite positioning module smartphone.
The application no contains advertising!
- Snapshot feature is available in order to make your marking and measurements more comfortable and to achieve more precise results
- Result of measurements is shown in common units like millimeters, centimeters, meters, inches, feet, yards
- Result in your "steps" can be shown as well
- No reference object is needed for measurements
- No constrains on camera position and motion
- Partially visible object can be used for measurements also (no requirements for complete object visibility in the camera view)
This App can be useful for outdoor and sport activities: golf, hiking, traveling, etc., where quick estimation of the distance to objects is needed.
The measurement range of this App depends on the "Motion-Mode" settings in App Preferences. It can be used in wide range of distances and right choice of Motion-Mode in particular situation can lead to very accurate results. Motion-Mode can be defined in steps or in selected measurement units.
This App complements the series of our tools that uses a phone camera for remote non-contact measurements.
Object dimension and distance measurements with mm-accuracy are covered with Partometer App. It can be used as a ruler or tape measure. This app uses reference object. Choice of this object defines the range of measurements: from mm and up.
For middle distance range, from cm to tens of meters, Telemeter App is used. It allows you to estimate remotely object Length, Height, Width and Depth without a reference object just using your camera. In addition Telemeter has other useful tools for object alignment, orientation detection, etc., that you can use while moving or during indoor and outdoor activities.
Thank you for your downloads and support!
keywords: android, android tools, camera measure, distance and steps measure
It is simple to use: a target will be shown overlayed on your device’s camera. Aim this at the base of an object and the distance to it will be measured. The app also has an overlay with 1 to 5m, 10m, 50m, and 100m grid lines so that you can quickly see the approximate distance to surrounding objects. If you would rather see feet and inches than metres you can change this in the preferences menu.
The calculations within Quick Measure are based on trigonometry. To improve accuracy please see the “help” section with the app.
This app is supported by adverts, which is why it requires the “INTERNET” and “ACCESS NETWORK STATE” permissions.
This range-finder(telemeter) measures the distance to a target by the camera perspective. The effective distance is 10m-1km. To measure the distance, you should know the height(width) of a target.
Don't worry!! Man's height is 1.7m(5.6ft), a golf flag is 7ft, a bus is 3.2m(10.5ft), a door is 2.1m(7ft). With that, we can guess the height(width) of almost everything.
If you know the airplane model, you can measure the height from the sky. For reference, Boeing 747's width is 72 meters.
Usage is simple. Input the height of the target, and touch the screen. If the target is aligned by 2 lines, get the measured distance.
* Now, 3 tools for distance were completed.
1) Smart Ruler (Short, touch) : 1-50cm
2) Smart Measure (Medium, trigonometry) : 1-50m
3) Smart Distance (Long, perspective) : 10m-1km
Speed Gun's Usage is also easy. It can measure the speed of a moving object by touch (speedometer, velocimeter).
To measure the speed, input the closest distance to the target, and touch the screen following target. If yours is inaccurate, you can calibrate with the [Speed Calibration].
For more information, see the manual, Youtube video and the blog. Thank you.
* Smart Tools package does NOT include what is in this app.
Surveyor locks the virtual ground to the real world so no matter which direction you turn to, the markers will always stay where it is originally placed.
Distances between each markers are calculated and displayed on the screen in the unit system you specified. With the pro version you can place more than 2 markers and even get the area of the space surrounded by the markers.
- measure your drive distance in Disc golf or regular Golf
- save your home location and see how far away from it you are
- save secret locations
- measure distance in meters, kilometers, miles, feet and yards
- save locations for later use
- view cool gps info (accuracy and satellite counts)
- find way back to saved location with included compass view
Measure distances and angles.
Take a picture, save it as as 3D scene in the library to work with it later.
Export it as an image to share it with other people.
Watch the video to learn how to use this application in one minute.
Several shapes of plumb-bob are available:
- a vertical or horizontal grid to measure sizes and proportions,
- a vertical or horizontal frame split into 2 parts that can be resized independently to check that something is properly centered,
- a 3D box or a cylinder (paid version only) to measure volumes,
- a triangle to measure angles to the vertical,
- a cone (paid version only).
To take a picture and freeze the background image, click on the camera icon.
The second button from the left of the top menu bar is used to alternatively display side buttons:
- buttons to adjust the size, position or orientation of the plumb-bob shapes,
- buttons to activate different touch modes to use gestures to either resize, move or rotate the plumb-bob shapes,
- buttons to adjust the camera height (this height is used to estimate the other distances).
There is a wizard button to help you to adjust the camera height. If you know precisely the measure of an horizontal or vertical segment, make sure the frame is aligned to it, click on the wizard button and fill in with this known distance (the camera height will be automatically computed from this piece of information).
Use the settings button to:
- select the front or back facing camera,
- select the measurement unit,
- adjust the frame line thickness,
- define the number of rows and columns to display in the plumb-bob shapes,
- increase the refresh rate of the sensor to get a smoother animation (paid version only).
- change the colors (paid version only).
- hide the label (paid version only).
- change the label font size (paid version only).
The calibration page allows to adjust 2 parameters that are necessary to perform correct measurements: the angles of view of the camera, and the internal sensor calibration.
Camera angles of view: this information is normally reported by your phone. However, some manufacturers do not provide a valid value. In that case you must measure those angles manually and fill in the corresponding fields. If the invalid values are not corrected, the plumb-bob line will still be displayed vertically, but the frame sides will not.
Internal sensor calibration: click on the help button to access the related video tutorial.
This is work in progress. If you like this application, please give it a 5 stars rating.
If this application does not work for you, please provide some feedback to the developer before giving it a low rating.
Keywords: angle, alignment, architect, architecture, augmented reality, bubble level, laser level, builder, calibration, camera, ceiling, diy, floor, golf, gradient, gravity, handy, handyman, handymate, home, home owner, horizontal, horizontality, incline, interior design, mate, plumb-bob, plumb-line, plummet, renovation, spirit level, tilt, tool, tools, vertical, verticality, wall, distance measurement, width, length, height, depth, surface, volume, spine, spinal column, backbone, vertebral column, massage, bodywork
It is simple to use: a target will be shown overlayed on your device’s camera. Aim this at the base of an object and the distance to it will be measured.
The app also has an overlay with 1 to 5m, 10m, 50m, and 100m grid lines so that you can quickly see the approximate distance to surrounding objects. If you would rather see feet and inches than metres, you can change this in the preferences menu.
The calculations within Quick Measure are based on trigonometry. To improve accuracy please see the “help” section with the app.
Quick Measure Pro is the same great app as Quick Measure but without the adverts.
How to read the distance?
1. Move to your start position and press “Start point” button. You should see a marker on the map with your current position.
2. Proceed to your next location and press “Next point” button. Another marker should be placed on the map, which illustrates your second position.
3. Insert as many markers as you need.
4. Press “Get distance” button to have the distance calculation result under the button with a red line that marks it on the map.
1. You can move markers using your finger to adjust them to a specific position.
2. You can tap on each marker to see the details.
3. You can remove each marker in marker details window.
4. Default measurement unit is based on your local mobile phone settings.
5. You can change the measurement unit, timeout for position acquisition and GPS accuracy in settings menu.
time during your journey. You can use the Quick GPS Measuring to:
1. measure distance from point A to point B
2. measure the exact path you go to your office
3. walk and get the path to the nearest market, buss station or what ever you want
4. keep track of your travel
5. keep track of your training
6. measure your top speed while running, driving or cycling
7. know your average or current speed
8. measure the time you need to go to your office
9. We also found it great to track your Camino de Santiago progress.
The Quick GPS Measuring combines a stopwatch, GPS and some clever logic to measure the:
1. Distance - this is the distance between current location and point A (start point)
2. Path: - the path length traveled between start and end.
3. Top Speed - quickest speed reached
4. Average Speed
5. Current Speed
6. Time passed
Quick GPS Measuring is the accurate and very easy to use GPS distance / path / speed meter.
You will find many more situations where you can use it. It is gps person tracker and personal location tool.
Moreover, it is in English, Spanish, French,... which will automatically be set in your smartphone.
- Searches places by keyboard and by voice.
- Allows refine position by marker long press.
- Loads and saves distances.
- Captures positions from other apps and calculates its distance.
- Shares distances with friends.
- Languages: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese and Catalonian.
(Google Play Services available needed)
Just take a picture of the object that you want to measure and place measures directly into it.
You can measure object inside a house like a wall, table, drawing and outside like a building or a car. Or you can load any photograph, drawing or sketches to note measures on it!
Photometer is the first measure application that uses complex computer vision algorithms. With these algorithms Photometer can found a sheet of paper (DINA4) or a credit card in the picture so the user does not need any reference to measure with high precision.
if you have any suggestion or comment let us know by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: measure, notes, rule, distance, height, width, dimensions, computer vision, object recognition
To help you out, a number of functions are available in this trial version :
- Distance, perimeter and area calculations
- WGS84 GPS coordinates display
- Unit of measurement : meter, mile, hectare
- Integrated UI to GOOGLE Maps tool
- Selection mode to enhance accuracy
- GPS localization
Why use map tools :
- Measure the area of agricultural land or estate
- Estimate the surface or actions of a dwelling, swimming pool, terrace or future construction site
- Establish the perimeter of your yard to prepare for possible closures.
- Prepare surfaces for organizing your leisure and outdoor activities
- Sports, find a surface to improvise a football field, volleyball, golf, trail running and other sports ..
- In golf, prepare your journey with many paths and optimal distance measurements
- Before a trip, quickly calculate multiple routes
- Aviation, calculate the distances of your flight plan
The Map Tools algorithm relies on the method for computing the area of a surface on a sphere, based on the Haversine formula. This algorithm was modified to take into account the earth's deformation according to the WGS84 World Geodesic System.
Keyword : measure map maps area distance distances tool tools area perimeter perimeters surveyor surveyors planimeter planimeters satellite gps mesurer carte cartes surface surfaces superficie superficies distance distances outil outils tool aires périmètres géomètre géomètres planimètre planimètres arpenteur arpenteurs satellite gps
More from developer
Disable sensors to save energy.
Internet access requested for ads.
Buy "Coligma Plus" to set own background pics (i.e. without the word "Coligma" on it) and remove the ads in the settings menu.
A live wallpaper can be set from the home screen: Press the menu key and then "background".
Play four simple games simultaneously: Balance a ball, touch circles, keep a stack of balls between zero and five and avoid some obstacles...
Sounds easy? Try it and see if you can even survive 60 seconds!
Are you a member of OpenFeint? This game features some achievements and a leader board!
Particles shoot from the top and join in an upward spiral as they start to drift back to the top. You may choose a bright or dark color theme.
It's hard to explain, but it's free, so just try it :)
(Internet access is used by an ad in the settings menu)