This rangefinder(telemeter) measures the Distance, Height, Width and Area of a target with your phone by trigonometry.
Usage is simple: just stand up and press the shutter. The important point is aiming the camera at the GROUND, NOT the object. (i.e. In order to measure the distance from someone, aim at his shoes.)
If it is inaccurate, please read the instructions in this app or see the checklist diagram in the blog. The sensors on your phone can be changed by OS version, firmware and battery status.
You can calibrate them with the calibrate menu and settings for yourself.
* Now, 3 tools for distance were completed.
1) Smart Ruler (short, touch) : 1-50cm
2) Smart Measure (medium, trigonometry) : 1-50m
3) Smart Distance (long, perspective) : 10m-1km
* Pro version added Features:
- Width and Area can be measured
- Portrait mode
- Camera Zoom
- Virtual Horizon
- No ads
* Do you want more tools?
Get [Smart Measure Pro] and [Smart Tools] package.
For more information, see the manual, Youtube video and the blog. Thank you.
*** Important! ***
Not for measuring small distances.
Not for indoor use.
Not for measuring a curved path.
GPS is only accurate to within several meters. Even under ideal conditions, an error of 5 meters is common.
This description is auto translated Click to read the original English description
Golf - How long was that drive?
Shooting - how far out to set your targets?
Uses do NOT include:
How long is my car?
How long is my bedroom?
How far did I walk?
This is not an Odometer!
Note that this app measures the straight line distance from point A to point B. If you are looking for an odometer (to measure distance travelled), please see GPS Odometer
For best results:
Go outside, away from any tall buildings to get a good GPS satellite signal.
Open the application at point 1 and wait for a steady and accurate signal. (The first few signals are not accurate)
Press the big button.
Walk towards point 2.
Frequently asked questions
Why is the maximum error so large
Because there is some error at point 1 and some error at point 2.
Keywords: measure distance ruler range finder expanse length area global positioning system measuring tape
ON Measuring Tape is special designed to measures the dimension of objects that are larger and longer than your device's screen size. You can also use our free apps, ON 2D-CameraMeasure or ON 3D-CameraMeasure to measure large object in more advance and professional way. For object that smaller than the device's screen size, ON Ruler is recommended.
Using ON Measuring Tape is very intuitive and easy. You just need to click on the screen with your finger and move the device with another hand repeatedly from the start point to the end point of measured object, then take the reading. This measuring tape has unlimited tape length, you can also switch the length unit between metric and inches.
For perfect accuracy, you will be requested to do calibration at the first time you open the application. Calibration need to be carried out only one time per installation.
With ON Measuring Tape, now you always bring a tape measure with you as in your smart phone.
★ Unlimited tape length
★ Measurement unit: Inch and millimeter
★ Show both inches and metric tape in single view
★ Show start line and end line for guidance
★ Lock/Unlock screen
★ Instant reset
★ Easy calibration (Only one time)
★ Customizable theme, line color, text color, text size
★ Simple & smart user interface design
★ Keep screen awake
For more details information about how to use the app, please refer User Guide in this app.
ON Measuring Tape is a free length measuring tool on android. We hope this free app can help you to save time and simplify your measuring works. If you have any comments, suggestions or questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com. Thank you!!
This rangefinder(telemeter) measures the Distance to a target by the camera perspective. The effective distance is 10m-1km. To measure the distance, you should know the height(width) of a target.
Don't worry!! Man's height is 1.7m(5.6ft), a golf flag is 7ft, a bus is 3.2m(10.5ft), a door is 2.1m(7ft). With that, we can guess the height of almost everything. It can be very useful to golfers.
Usage is simple: Input the height of the target, and touch the screen. If the target is aligned by 2 lines, get the measured distance.
* Now, 3 tools for distance were completed.
1) Smart Ruler (Short, touch) : 1-50cm
2) Smart Measure (Medium, trigonometry) : 1-50m
3) Smart Distance (Long, perspective) : 10m-1km
* Pro version added features:
- Measuring distance by width of the target
- Smart distance and Speed Gun are integrated
- Scroll arrow buttons
- Camera Zoom
- No ads
* Do you want more tools?
Get [Smart Distance Pro] and [Smart Tools] package.
For more information, see the manual, Youtube video and the blog. Thank you.
It is simple to use: a target will be shown overlayed on your device’s camera. Aim this at the base of an object and the distance to it will be measured. The app also has an overlay with 1 to 5m, 10m, 50m, and 100m grid lines so that you can quickly see the approximate distance to surrounding objects. If you would rather see feet and inches than metres you can change this in the preferences menu.
The calculations within Quick Measure are based on trigonometry. To improve accuracy please see the “help” section with the app.
This app is supported by adverts, which is why it requires the “INTERNET” and “ACCESS NETWORK STATE” permissions.
A must have tool for accurate measurements and camera measure.
This android app performs remote, non-contact in plane measurements using Android phone or Android tablet. It uses the phone camera and any available object with known size as a reference. Most common reference objects like credit card, sheet of paper, DVD/CD, etc. are included in the application. Moreover you can use your own custom objects with known size to do camera measure.
If your friend or colleague is next to you, you don't need a ruler: use his height as a reference and measure objects around you.
Use the app in medical area: for example, to measure distance between pupils by holding a credit card next to your face.
Measure fish size very quickly and also you can load your pictures and measure all previous catch using your own height.
Length-Mode - measure and divide an object in certain ratio or mark length on the object using ratio ruler (slider).
FreeHand-Mode - measure an object in any direction and compare sizes to each other.
Angle-Mode - measure length, area and angle on an object in any direction and compare sizes to each other.
Area-Mode - area calculator, measure area of different shapes
Circle-Mode - measurements on circular objects: radius, arc, length, sector, area, angle.
New in v4.4 distance in pixels on screen and original image, pic load from Picasa, Drive, file browsers
- auxiliary lines in Free Mode
- scale grid, multiple rulers, add points on line in Area Mode, cycling through points, fractions.
The App shows a measurement result in different units like meters, millimeters, centimeters, feet, inches based on user settings. It also calculate dimensions of the object in relative units with respect to the reference object
You have an option to make a snapshot of the camera view and work with a still camera measure image instead of live camera view or load picture from a photo gallery.
The App is useful to measure bigger distances on a plane, where a simple ruler or tape measure are difficult to apply. All you need to do is to place a reference object (credit card or sheet of paper) on the measurement plane, make sure that the object of interest fits into the camera view and take your measurement
Partometer can be handful if:
- moving in and need to measure size of your room quickly
- buying furniture and want to estimate its size
- measure baggage size
- when buying glasses and need to measure Pupillary Distance (PD)
- measure fabric or cloth area and size
- measure trees
- need to measure out some distances on objects (handcraft, woodcraft, etc.)
- outdoor and want to know size of a big object that practically impossible to measure with a ruler or tape measure. For example, you can measure height of a house using sheet of paper as a reference object.
- measure small objects just by placing them on A4 or Letter sheet
- measure or compare height of a person
- compare objects to each other
- measure angles, pitch gauge
- measure spark plug gap
- measure rectangle areas
- measure bearings, roller bearings, nuts, rings.
- measure any internal feature or free, irregular shape area on X-ray if you have a reference, useful for dentists
- metric and imperial units: meters, centimeters, millimeters, inches, feet
Features: flashlight, autofocus, Save and Share results.
Depending on the distance to object with this camera measure app you can achieve sub mm resolution
furniture, moving, room, decoration, pitch gauge, bearing, roller bearing, thread pitch gauge, dimension, engineer, construction, architect, real estate agent, feet, photo, size, wall, floor, plan, irregular shape area measure, picture, line, design, house, android tablet, telemeter, planimeter, area calculator, spark plug gap
Please watch the youtube video first so that you understand how to use the app. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wosk0hvZpHI
How it works: Using your android device to take a picture, you are able to measure any object as long as an object of known length (reference point) is in the picture. A predefined list including coins and standard credit cards are listed to use as your reference point. If you do not have any of these objects, you can use the calibration page which displays a ruler on screen so that you can measure your reference point (for example a car key). Since you know the length of one object, you can easily determine the length of the unknown object. Tape measure automatically calculates the length of the object as you move!
Accuracy: The accuracy of this app is down to 1/32in standard and .1cm metric. As long as you are able to accurately point to the edges of objects, you will get a measurement as accurate as using a tape measure. In some cases, you will get even a more accurate reading than a ruler! The user is able to zoom in to accurately measure objects. Make sure that your picture is square with the object in order to get an accurate measurement.
Ease of use: Tape Measure! gives directions at every step of the process in order to ensure that the user gets an accurate reading and understands what to do. If you have any questions please feel free to email me. I will respond back ASAP.
Keywords: tape measure ruler distance length width
- Telemeter Tool: quick remote distance estimation without reference objects using only a camera measure.
- SpiritLevel3D Tool: distant object alignment and tilt measurement using a camera.
- Lines Tool: vertical and horizontal reference lines, that can be used for horizontal or vertical object alignment and tilt elimination.
- Augmented Compass Tool: orientation detection in the room or space for better room planning, angle measurements, electromagnetic interference and metal detection.
- Angle Tool: measure and mark angles in vertical and horizontal planes.
- Calibration Tool: calibrate your phone before measurements.
- Unit Converter: convert results into different length or area units.
- Detailed help
The distinctive feature of the Telemeter Tool is two options:
Choose Hand-Mode when the exact height of the camera is unknown and you are on the ground holding the device in you hands.
Enter your height and smart algorithm estimates the camera height. You don't need to enter the exact camera height, as required in other applications. Since you know your height exactly, you can start measurements immediately. This is an advantage of using Hand-mode. This mode requires to hold and move your camera as shown in measurement guide that is included in the app.
If the exact height of the camera from the ground is known, Stand-Mode is to be used.
Stand-mode doesn't make any assumption about your position. Exact camera height leads to more accurate measurement results. You can use this mode in different situations or build your own camera measurement setup.
Measurements can be conducted in metric and imperial units: feet, meters, inches. Angles are measured in degrees.
With the Telemeter you can measure:
- distance from you (observer) to an object
- distance between points in direction 'from an observer'
- distance between two points in a plane
- object dimensions (depth, height, width, length)
- height from the ground level
- height of big objects or a person
- angles between planes (e.g. between two walls)
- angles between two orientations in the space
- angles in horizontal or vertical planes
You can also use Telemeter for:
- object alignment
- tilt measurement or elimination, pitch gauge
- checking orientation in space (cardinal directions)
- electromagnetic interference and metal detection
- marking a plane for object placement (e.g. a wall for pictures and shelves mounting)
Please try also Partometer - camera measure App, that uses common reference objects for measurements.
For long distance you can try Distance2Meter - camera measure that uses motion for distance measurement. You can measure distances in hundred meters range with good accuracy.
If you enjoy using this app, please take a moment to share your experience and rate it.
Thank you for your support!
Keywords: lawn, room, decoration, tape, distance measure, ruler, meter, carpenter, construction, architect, real estate, unit, feet, size, wall, floor, plan, picture, angle, area, design, house, planimeter, android
Tape Measure Pro is an Android app, that measures distance using device’s camera and a target marker. The app recognizes the marker and shows the distance in real time.
***THIS APP REQUIRES A MARKER PRINTED ON A PAPER***
You can download and print the marker from here: http://studioiberia.net/android-apps/tape-measure-pro/marker/ (visit this page from your PC)
It's more like a laser rangefinder, than a simple tape measure, but requires a specific target (the marker).
It's very easy to use. Just point to the marker and see the distance.
It’s strongly recommended to try the free version of Tape Measure first before buying the PRO.
Some Sony/Sony Ericsson Xperia devices and some 3D devices(like the LG Optimus 3D) are not compatible with this app. If yours is one of these, do not buy the application. Or, if you have already bought it, you may request a refund, if the app doesn’t work.
If the camera reports correct values, Tape Measure Pro will work properly.
The only requirement for the user is to keep the marker centered on the screen and visible enough to be recognized by the app.
*By default the zoom is disabled. You can switch it to manual or automatic mode.
Some devices tested with a 10cm marker and Full Zoom
HTC One - 7 m (23 ft)
Samsung Galaxy S3 - 6 m (20 ft)
Samsung Galaxy S - 7 m (23 ft)
Some devices report wrong zoom values. The “Fixed” option is to try to fix those values. If yours shows wrong distance, choose this option.
If after applying the fix your device still shows wrong distance, just disable the Zoom in the settings. The range of measure will decrease, but the distance will be correct.
In the future there will be more methods for less compatible devices.
If you have any questions, please, contact me by email or website.
Simply hold the phone at eye level and align the cross hair on the ground at the point you want to measure. The phone will display a continuously updated horizontal distance from the camera to the point under the cross hair.
A one off calibration is required where you need to enter you eye level height i.e. the height from the ground up to your eyes.
The distance is calculated by trigonometry so for accurate measurements you need to always keep the phone at your eye level regardless of the angle of the phone pointing at the ground.
If you always maintain the phone at eye level and hold the phone steady whilst taking a measurement you should be able to get a typical accuracy of about +-3cm at 5m distance.
Now supports imperial measurement feet and inches alongside metric meters and centimeters.
Right side has a compass and direction in degrees. Some devices may not have compass.
Screen top and bottom has a ruler (cm and inch). Adjust the ruler with preferences button if length is not correct.
- Input of measured values (e.g. measures of length, angle etc.) directly into a picture
- Marking of specifics (wiring, connections, ventilation etc.) and addition of side notes (voice recording, text, video)
- Creation of new projects and folders
- Send via e-mail
This app is provided free of charge by Bosch Professional, the leading manufacturer of power tools for trade and industry.
Bosch Professional provides many other free digital tools for your smartphone. We summarized these in the "Bosch toolbox", the app with many useful functions for craftsmen and other professionals, including apps like a translator for measurement units.
Naturally all Bosch Professional apps come in the usual high Bosch quality.
Real Bosch! Real professional! Blue power tools: For trade and industry.
- Snapshot feature is available in order to make your marking and measurements more comfortable and to achieve more precise results
- Result of measurements is shown in common units like millimeters, centimeters, meters, inches, feet, yards
- Result in your "steps" can be shown as well
- No reference object is needed for measurements
- No constrains on camera position and motion
- Partially visible object can be used for measurements also (no requirements for complete object visibility in the camera view)
This App can be useful for outdoor and sport activities: golf, hiking, traveling, etc., where quick estimation of the distance to objects is needed.
The measurement range of this App depends on the "Motion-Mode" settings in App Preferences. It can be used in wide range of distances and right choice of Motion-Mode in particular situation can lead to very accurate results. Motion-Mode can be defined in steps or in selected measurement units.
This App complements the series of our tools that uses a phone camera for remote non-contact measurements.
Object dimension and distance measurements with mm-accuracy are covered with Partometer App. It can be used as a ruler or tape measure. This app uses reference object. Choice of this object defines the range of measurements: from mm and up.
For middle distance range, from cm to tens of meters, Telemeter App is used. It allows you to estimate remotely object Length, Height, Width and Depth without a reference object just using your camera. In addition Telemeter has other useful tools for object alignment, orientation detection, etc., that you can use while moving or during indoor and outdoor activities.
Thank you for your downloads and support!
keywords: android, android tools, camera measure, distance and steps measure
1. Various measuring method : Gravity Sensor, Camera, Touch screen and Acceleration Sensor.
2. Calibration : Calibration function makes easy and accurate measure when measuring angle with sensor.
1. Ruler Mode
1) Use screen ruler as normal ruler.
2) Get exact length by touching screen.
2. Measuring Tape Mode
1) Set parallel measured object and device.
2) Drag device with screen touch.
3) do 2) several times and read measured value.
3. Rate of Length Mode
1) Set hair cross to fit on measuring object.
4. Sweep Mode
1) Screen touch.
2) Sweep to arrow direction.
3) Release screen like Drag and Drop on PC.
4) If measured length has big error, please put your Device on a flat and measure based surface then touch the screen for 2 sec and menu->Calibration.
5. Distance Mode
1) Setup your height Menu->Setup.
2) Hold your device on eye-level and center of cross-hair on screen indicates bottom of object.
3) Read distance on screen.
1. Can be a tolerance caused by sensor accuracy of device.
2. Each Mode has optimized measuring range as
Ruler Mode : 0~7cm (depends on screen size)
Sweep Mode : 0.1~1.5m
Distance Mode : 1~30m
3. Please use with protection wrap or case, especially Sweep Mode.
- Work in and convert between dimensions: feet-inch-fractions, inch fraction, yards, decimal feet (10ths, 100ths), decimal inches and metric (m, cm, mm)
- Calculate weight and weight per volume
- Calculate instant solutions for circle area, circumference, arcs
- Calculate Length, Width, and Height keys solve for linear, area, volume and perimeter dimensions
- Use this calculator to reduce expensive errors when estimating dimensions, costs and materials
Dimensional Math and Conversions
• Feet-Inch-Fraction, Inch Fraction, Yards
• Decimal Feet (10ths, 100ths), Decimal Inches
• Preset Fractions (1/2" through 1/64")
• Full Metric Conversions (m, cm, mm)
• D.M.S. to Decimal Degree Conversions.
Dedicated Functions Help You Measure and Calculate:
o Yards, Miles
o Decimal Feet/Inch
o Millimeters, Centimeters, Meters
o Feet, Inch, Yards, Acres, Miles
o Millimeters, Centimeters, Meters
o Square and Cubic
o Feet, Inch, Yards, Miles
o Millimeters, Centimeters, Meters,
o Pounds, Tons
o Metric Tons, Kilograms
• Weight per Volume
o Tons per Cubic Yard
o Pounds per Cubic Yard
o Pounds per Cubic Feet
o Metric Tons per Cubic Meter
o Kilograms per Cubic Meter
Special Calculator Functions
• Entry Editing Backspace Key – with a swipe of a finger
• Cost per Unit: Solve unit cost and pricing
• Paperless Tape
• Board Feet
• Memory function
• User-Definable Preferences — set custom options: Fractions, Area, Volume, Metric, Degrees.
For Designers, Craftsmen, Tradespersons, Fabricators, Woodworkers and Technicians
More from developer
Sensor tester is a free, light and easy-to-use app that provides information about your device, and let you detect, monitor and log your sensors output. At the beginning, it performs a test, in order to verify which ones of the
common sensors are available on your device. After the test a simple interface allows you to log, monitor, and get information about every single sensor.
Multiple sensors can be selected at once and logged in a .csv file that will be stored in your phone memory or in your SD card. The logging frequency can be specified.
Additional info about the sensor manufacturer, version, maximum range, power consumption and resolution are given.
It will give you access to:
- Proximity sensor
- Light sensor
- Magnetic field sensor
- Orientation sensor
- Pressure sensor
- Temperature sensor
- Battery level indicator
- Sensor detection
- Multiple sensors logging
- Logging frequency selection
- Maximum range identification
- Resolution identification
- Power consumption monitoring
- Manufacturer identification
- Sensor version identification
- CSV format for log files