Key Game Features
- Motion reactive water which shifts, flows and splashes on the movement of your device
- A wide range of selectable objects displaying differing physical properties
- Special moving objects loaded with sometimes unpredictable behaviours!
- Range of personalised bath time environments
- Turn the taps or pull out the pull to change water levels
- Changing temperatures for a steamy scrub and chilly wash
- Further learning information brought to you by the Science Museum
Science Museum Preschool Apps are developed with the Museum’s Learning team as a fun and engaging way to promote the development of key scientific skills in young children. The Science Museum is the most popular destination for science, technology and engineering in the UK. Produced under licence from SCMG Enterprises Ltd. Science Museum trade mark ® SCMG. Every purchase supports the Museum.www.sciencemuseum.org.uk
Created with GR/DD. Engaging audiences with compelling digital ideas. GR/DD is a market leading interactive agency that creates award winning solutions through big ideas, design and technology.
Please try Earth and Space-Free app before you buy any of our paid versions. The Free app will help level set the expectations about your device compatibility and performance for our apps before you buy them.
About this App:
Actualconcepts is one of the leading interactive educational content publisher on Edmodo platform. Apps from Actual Concepts are designed to provide interactive education through fun. This App helps in interactively exploring Simple Machines and their applications using real time simulations (The list of simulations and activities that can be performed on the simulations are given below).
The simulations are highly touch enabled and are designed game-like so that people would love to play around with the simulations and at the same time can gain a deeper understanding of Science concepts. At the same time these simulations raise the inquisitiveness and help to experiment and find solutions like - "Do you know how a simple Lever can be used as a weighing machine, that too you should be able to measure any amount of load with having just only a single 1kg weight with you? Perform this simulation and its so easy to figure this out yourself!"
Each simulation also has a detailed list of activities that can be performed on the simulation. Once the activity is performed you can verify your answers for the activites performed. You can touch and alter several parameters like the fulcrum position, weight, effort applied, angle of incline, number of pulleys, radius of wheel and axle.
The simulations in this App are designed very carefully to mimic the real world scenarios. For example if more effort is required to lift a load, then you have to drag the simple machine arm to a larger extent to apply greater force.
You can touch and drag to apply forces and find out the required force using various simple machines like Pulley, Inclined Plane, Lever, Wheel & Axle.
Unlike most of the apps that are present out there, this App offers highly interactive simulations that are real time and highly touch enabled to play around with. This App is a must for your reference library if you are Science enthusiast.
The activity that can be done on the simulation are briefed below -
1. Lever - You can position the fulcrum at various points, touch and drag to apply force and experiment with the effort required to lift the load with these varying parameters.
2. Inclined Plane - You can interactively alter the angle of incline, increase the load, vary the effort to help load the truck.
3. Pulley Systems - Single/Fixed - Understand how a single fixed pulley functions. Find out if you get any mechanical advantage of such system. If there is no Mechanical Advantage, why do we use it? Find that out while performing this experiment.
4. Single Movable, 1 Fixed + 1 Movable - Understand single Movable Pulley. Find out which is better while performing this experiment? Movable or Fixed pulley?
5. 2 Fixed + 2 Movable - What happens when you increase the number of pulleys and make it a mixed pulley system containing both fixed and movable pulleys? Do you gain more advantage? But then what do you trade off? You can interactively perform the simulation and learn yourself!
6. Wheel & Axle - How does the heavy front tires of a car/truck turn effortlessly when the steering can be moved with a single hand? Perform this activity and you will know the principle behind this!
7. How to Use Lever as Weighing Balance - Do you know how a simple Lever can be used as a weighing machine that too you should be able to measure any load with just only a single 1kg weight with you? Perform this simulation and its so easy to figure this out yourself!
8. Understand how gears function using a set of interactive simulations
9. See how a screw is a wrapped inclined plane from an intuitive simulation
Make kids science experiments stand out with stunning augmented reality. Demonstrate various science phenomena covering biology, physics, chemistry, geography in ways never seen before.
Create virtual environments that are right out of science fiction.
Create a prehistoric zoo with dinosaurs.
Create a modern zoo with elephants, tigers, bear etc.
Create a polar environment with penguins.
Fly through a human brain, sail in the heart or float in the lungs.
Enter a volcano.
Slide on magnetic field lines and buzz like an electron in an electric circuit.
Create a virtual walk through of famous US monuments like Statue of Liberty, Lincoln memorial.
And much more.
Augmented Reality will take your kids science experiments to the next level!
Bring the lab to your laptop with the coolest science experiments on the web!
** Michael "Deuce" Thompson's personal theoretical belief of how Divine Creationism and Universal growth can be studied and explained with Science to understand that both scientific explanation and religious beliefs can be used together to understand God's part in the creation and expansion of the Cosmos
** Includes poems of "Blind Writing" the night after my divine experience.
(and a basic explanation of what blind writing is..)
** My testimony of how was touched and warned by something that before then I was convinced was something created by man to give hope and dreams to people. And without these "false beliefs",which is all I thought religion based on something supernatural was, would have no order or reason to obey simple laws or make the right conscientious decisions.
Science is made easy through engaging animations featuring the most famous scientists ever lived, including an entertaining biography section for each one.
Theories are explained looking at how scientific knowledge has evolved since ancient ages until the point that experiment transformed previous assumptions.
This free versions features two of the experiments already available:
· Newton’s Gravity: Cannonball
· Archimedes’ Principle: Floating bodies
· Maxwell’s Colours: Coloured discs
· Mendel’s Laws: Garden peas
· Franklin’s Electricity: Lightning bells
· The Doppler Effect: Trumpeters on a train
More experiments to be added in 2015!!!
Note: This app is only for tablets.
Each topic is around 600 words and is complete with diagrams, equations and other forms of graphical representations along with simple text explaining the concept in detail.
This USP of this application is "ultra-portability". Students can access the content on-the-go from anywhere they like.
Basically, each topic is like a detailed flash card and will make the lives of students simpler and easier.
Some of topics Covered in this application are:
2. GEOMETRY OF CUTTING TOOL WEAR
3. GEOMETRY AND MAJOR FEATURES OF WEAR OF TURNING TOOLS
4. ESSENTIAL PROPERTIES FOR CUTTING TOOL MATERIALS
5. TOOL LIFE FOR CUTTING TOOL MATERIALS
6. TAYLOR’S TOOL LIFE EQUATION
7. FACTORS AFFECTING MACHINABILITY
8. CONDITION OF WORK MATERIAL
9. SOME OTHER WORK MATERIEL
10. APPLICATION OF WORK MATERIAL
11. PHYSICAL PROPERTIES OF WORK MATERIALS
12. METAL MACHINING
13. OTHER METAL MACHINING
14. COMMERCIAL PRODUCTION OF STEEL
15. TYPES OF ALLOYED STEEL
16. NONFERROUS METALS
17. TOOL LIFE
18. SURFACE FINISH
19. MACHINABILITY OF DIFFERENT MATERIALS
20. MACHINABILITY STRUCTURE
21. MACHINABILITY OF MATERIALS
22. LATHE MACHINE
23. TYPES OF LATHES
24. OTHER TYPES OF LATHES
25. TURRET LATHES
26. ESSENTIAL FEATURES OF THE LATHE
27. HEADSTOCK OF LATHE
29. TERMS AND DEFINITIONS APPLIED TO SINGLE-POINTED CUTTER BITS
30. COMMON TYPES OF CUTTER BITS
31. LATHE ACCESSORIES
32. UNIVERSAL SCROLL CHUCK
33. COLLET CHUCK
34. LATHE FACEPLATES
35. LATHE CENTERS
36. LATHE DOGS
37. RESTS OF LATHE
38. TAPER ATTACHMENT
39. SAFETY PRECAUTIONS FOR LATHES
40. GENERAL LATHE OPERATIONS AND MACHINING
41. LATHE SPEEDS AND FEEDS
42. METHOD OF FINDING RPM
43. FEED CONTROL
44. DEPTH OF CUT
45. CUTTING OILS
47. STRAIGHT TURNING
48. STRAIGHT TURNING OPERATION
49. SHOULDER TURNING
50. FINISH TURNING
52. TAPER TURNING
53. COMPOUND REST
54. SOME ENGINE LATHES
55. LUBRICATION IN LATHE
56. ADJUSTMENTS OF LUBRICANT
57. ADJUSTING THE BEARINGS
58. UNIVERSAL HEAD MAIN SPINDLE ADJUSTMENT
60. MILLING MACHINES
61. MILL CONSTRUCTION
62. PROCEDURE OF MILL CONSTRUCTION
63. MACHINE CONTROLS
64. RULES FOR MILLING OPERATION
65. KINEMATIC SYSTEM AND OPERATIONS OF MILLING MACHINES
66. BASIC MILLING MACHINE PARTS
67. SAFETY RULES FOR MILLING
68. BASICS OF GRINDING
69. TYPES OF GRINDING
70. SOME FACTORS AFFECTING WORKPIECE SURFACE
71. ABRASIVE PROCESSES (GRINDING)
72. COMPOSITIONAL SPECIFICATIONS
73. MARKING SYSTEM FOR CONVENTIONAL GRINDING WHEEL
74. MARKING SYSTEM FOR SUPERABRASIVE GRINDING WHEEL
75. SELECTION OF GRINDING WHEELS
76. GRIT SIZE/ GRADE
77. TRUING AND DRESSING OF GRINDING WHEEL
78. IMPREGNATED DIAMOND TRUING TOOLS
79. DIAMOND FORM TRUING BLOCKS
80. GRINDING WHEEL MARKING SYSTEM
81. CENTERLESS GRINDING
82. KINDS OF CENTERLESS GRINDING
84. CUTTING CONDITIONS IN GRINDING
85. WHEEL WEAR
86. SURFACE FINISH AND EFFECTS OF CUTTING TEMPERATURE
87. ABRASIVE MATERIALS
88. BONDING MATERIALS
89. GEAR-CUTTING MACHINES
90. GEAR MANUFACTURE TECHNIQUES
91. DIVISION OF GEAR-CUTTING
92. STRUCTURE OF DIFFERENT GEARS
93. GEAR-PLANING MACHINES
95. GEAR-SHAPING MACHINES
96. GEAR-BROACHING MACHINES
97. GEAR-HOBBING MACHINES
98. DRILLING AND USE OF DRILL CHUCKS
99. SQUARING STOCK & FACE MILLING
All topics are not listed because of character limitations set by the Play Store.
" This is the best dance app right now on iTunes... hands down. " 96apps.com
" You will be able to discover a dance that you really enjoy. That's for sure." 96apps.com
Featured on Dancetoday Magazine
“5 STARS - The nice thing you will like about this app is that it takes you through their instructions in a clear, concise and uncomplicated method. " iPhoneglance.com
With the App previously only being available for iPhone and iPad, the App has now been launched for Android Devices!!
You’ve seen them on stage or television for years and thought “I wish I could do that”, well this is your chance to let Vincent & Flavia help you do just that!
Dance with Vincent & Flavia is free to download and you can learn the fundamentals that will have you dancing the Cha Cha Cha before you know it!
With clear, concise uncomplicated video, Flavia takes the girls through their steps, while Vincent shows the boys how to lead with confidence, and then there is some joint instruction on how to bring the roles together. Then it’s showtime, with the ‘Dance To Music’, before a chance to recap with some slow motion footage of exactly where your feet should be for each figure in the dance, just in case there is any confusion! Use the portability of your phone or tablet to quite literally walk through the steps until you are confident you have it committed to memory!
Dance is fabulous exercise and great fun, so why not have a try yourself with Vincent & Flavia as your guide?
Version 1.0 of the App features a total of six dances: the Cha Cha Cha, the Social Foxtrot (& Quickstep), the Waltz, the Jive, the Salsa and of course, Vincent & Flavia’s iconic Tango. Upgrades and core figures besides the Cha Cha Cha (which is free) are available for £0.69.
Also in the App go behind the scenes with Vincent & Flavia, and keep track of what they are doing next, plus for all your dancing needs you can get online discounts across a wide range of brands through our App Partners, by using Promo Codes available on the App.
Now with the Tracking Your Progress section - You can add entries and attach videos to your very own journal that tracks your dancing progress! What's more, you can upload these videos to Facebook to share and compare with your friends!
Indian Bollywood actress and former Miss Universe Lara Dutta introduces a FREE fitness and yoga app with high quality step-by-step video guides exploring all aspects of Yoga.
With video guides available in both English and Hindi, this App is your personal trainer! Wherever you are, Lara is here to help you achieve your goals whether it be finding calm or getting fit.
The focus of this first release is yoga. Practice yoga at a time that suits you, from stretches and breathing techniques, to detailed instructions of each asana, this App will help you make yoga a part of your life.
Suitable for all abilities.
Choose a language between Hindi and English
Gain a firm understanding of the fundamentals of yoga.
Step-by-step instructions means Lara is with you all the way.
Relax and Stretch
Routines at a glance
This holistic approach to yoga will leave you feeling refreshed and build on your core strength while giving you valuable skills to practice on your own.
More sections coming soon – Power Play, Posture Perfect, Workout Music and Profile.