Understanding Jewellery the book by David Bennett and Daniela Mascetti was first published in 1989, and has become the ultimate reference guide on the history of jewellery. Understanding Jewellery has never been out of print, and is considered an invaluable resource by the jewellery professionals, collectors, academics and enthusiasts.
The Understanding Jewellery app takes the vast amount of knowledge and research held in the book and places it at your fingertips with all the interactive benefits of the digital age:
- Browse jewellery and follow the evolution of jewellery design as new materials and methods emerge,
- Search the jewellery by date, theme, type of jewel, metal and gemstone,
- Recognise, date and compare jewellery from among many hundreds of examples,
- Create, store and name your own collections for personal reference, study or just for fun.
The Understanding Jewellery app is a “living” app. As such it will be regularly updated with information like:
- Articles, and information about the world of Jewellery
- Upcoming auctions,
- Fairs and educational events.
We feel sure that it will become an indispensable tool for collectors, amateurs and professionals alike.