Upload and analyze your recorded rowing sessions to your free account on our online logbook "Rowing in Motion Analytics" (https://analytics.rowinginmotion.com). You can perform instant analysis of your rowing sessions from within the App, powered by our online service or analyze your rowing sessions from anywhere on the website.
Coaches can use "Rowing in Motion" to view realtime data from another instance of the App running on a device in a rowing boat using a mobile WiFi (no internet connection required).
The App features two Upgrades via In-App-Purchases:
* Boat Upgrade: Removes the stroke limit for boat sessions. Analyze and record unlimited sessions.
* Coach Upgrade: Remove the stroke limit for coach sessions. (Creating Rowing in Motion Videos is not available on Android - sorry)
Attention: "Rowing in Motion - Solo" is intended for use by individual rowers and coaches. Clubs and professional rowing organisations that wish to use Rowing in Motion with the whole squad and manage the data of multiple athletes should use the "Rowing in Motion - For Teams" App. Using the Rowing in Motion Team App requires an organisation account for Analytics.
* Measures Strokerate, Speed, Distance and Boat Acceleration, giving you insight into all aspects of your stroke
* Full Screen Graphs: Showing your boat acceleration compared to an average of the previous strokes
* Customizable user interface: Display all the data you need to see to improve your rowing stroke
* Instantly upload and analyze your recorded rowing sessions with your Analytics account
* Stroke Analysis: Live average acceleration graphs, speed graph
* Sonification: Turn your boat acceleration into a sound for a better realtime feedback to help you improve the effectiveness of your stroke.
* Stroke Metrics: Stroke Metrics derived from boat acceleration allow you to easily focus on specific aspects of the stroke
* Dashboard for coaches that displays stroke-rate, speed and last typical stroke of boat devices in range. Connect to boats with a tap to view all realtime data.
* Supports Heartrate measurements using any Bluetooth Smart compatible Heartrate strap (requires Bluetooth 4.0)
* Supports Canoe, Dragon Boat and Fixed Seat rowing (e.g. Surfboats, Para-rowing, Gigs...)
- Display stroke rate, stroke count, distance, speed, time, elapsed time, calories, heart rate, etc.
- Built-in graphs and maps
- Logbook to store all your workouts
- Programmable workouts with simple graphical wizard
- “Erg with Friends” allows you to erg against friends anywhere in the world with live results
- Supports sweeps, sculls, kayaks, dragon boats, Concept2 ergometers (versions PM3, PM4 and PM5)
- All the features of ErgData and much more
- Bluetooth wireless or USB wired connection to Concept2 erg
BoatCoach saves you from spending hundreds of dollars on a dedicated stroke meter and provides features not found elsewhere. BoatCoach uses your phone’s built-in sensors so no wires required!
- Stroke rate / count
- Speed average
- Speed for the last 10 strokes
- Elapsed time
- Calories / Watts
- Heart rate
ADDITIONAL CONCEPT2 ERG MEASUREMENTS (similar to ErgData)
- Drive length / speed
- Drag factor
- Use 8 predefined programs including pyramids, tabata, 3 x 2000M, 10x500M, etc.
- Create unlimited programs using simple graphical wizard
- Program time, distance, effort, target stroke rate
- Use programs for both rowing and Concept2 erging
- Store all your rowing and Concept2 erg workouts in a single logbook
- Edit and email workout details
- View graphs of prior workouts
- Upload workouts to Concept2 website
- Plot speed, stroke rate, and heart rate vs. distance and time
- Adjust y-axis max/min to optimize display area
- Pinch & zoom to view in more detail
- Automatically store graphs in logbook for later viewing
- Plot rowing in motion using phone's sensors
ERG WITH FRIENDS
- Erg against friends whether they be in the same room or a different continent,
- Up to 8 people row with each other while sharing live workout data (stroke rate, speed, time, distance)
- Map multiple workouts simultaneously with satellite or street view
- Color route by speed, date, and piece
- Collect and email CSV data while rowing and erging. Speed, distance, heart rate, stroke rate, etc. Graph in spreadsheets like Excel.
- Collect and email GPX information while rowing. Map your workout in Endomondo, Garmin Connect, and other applications.
HEART RATE MONITOR (HRM)
- Check and record your heart rate
- Bluetooth Smart / Bluetooth Low Energy HRMs are supported
- Also support for legacy Zephyr HxM HRM
- Hands-free autostart pieces
- Manually start / stop / clear /pause / resume pieces
- App can speak start/stop/speed/time/distance/etc [useful for visually impaired rowers]
- View acceleration vs. time graph for your boat
- Email graphs to yourself
- Help optimize your stroke
- View Concept2 force plot, including quarterly average and distribution
- Programs, graphs, Bluetooth smart HRM, maps, and data capture require paid upgrade for full functionality.
- 4 customizable screen layouts. Choose the data you want to see.
- View distance in meters, kilometers, feet, miles
- View speed in m/s, km/hr, ft/s, miles/hr, min/500m, min/1000m, min/mile
CONCEPT2 USERS – IMPORTANT
- Upgrade PM to the *latest* firmware
- For Bluetooth connection a PM5 and a phone with Android 4.3+ is required
- For USB connection, phone must pass USB Host Mode compatibility tests. Use the “USB Host Diagnostics” app available free from the Google Play Store.
- App will not function properly if a LogCard is in the monitor. Remove any LogCard first.
Questions, comments, suggestions, issues... please see www.boatcoachapp.com
[If your phone has Android OS version less than 4.1, see instructions at www.boatcoachapp.com/instructions.php.]
Using the accelerometer in your phone or tablet, CrewNerd calculates your stroke rate as well as how much bounce (vertical movement) and stern check you are producing. Speed, pace and distance are calculated via GPS. Heart rate monitoring is supported as well.
Use a pre-programmed workout (or create one of your own) or just start the timer and go. All of your workout data is recorded and can be viewed later in map or graph form, or exported in a variety of popular formats. Use our live tracking feature to let coaches and spectators monitor your race or workout in real time in most web browsers.
Note: CrewNerd runs in trial mode by default, giving you 100 strokes or five minutes to evaluate the application in your boat. A small monthly subscription fee removes these restrictions.
• Configurable display
CrewNerd's main screen is very configurable. Rows can be double-height and can display either one or two of the following data fields:
• Stroke rate
• Elapsed time
• Speed or pace
• Average speed or pace
• Projected time or distance
• Total practice distance
• Heart rate
• Stroke count
• Interval count
• Meters per stroke
• Course (direction)
• Time of day
• Maximum heart rate
• Maximum stroke rate
• Custom workouts
Select from one of the provided workouts, or create your own based on distance, time or strokes. An auto-start feature starts the timer when the first stroke is taken, or you can set a “countdown” of 15 or 30 seconds before the timer starts to allow you to build up speed before starting a piece.
Custom workouts can be created easily, much like programming a Concept 2 ergometer. Workout types include:
- Single distance
- Single time
- Distance intervals
- Time intervals
- Stroke intervals
- Custom intervals (any combination of distance, time, or stroke-based intervals)
• Custom courses
Create custom by plotting your start and finish lines in Google Earth. The application will start the timer automatically when you cross the start line and stop when you reach the finish. Great for hands free operation in head races or for set routes you routinely use.
• Review your data
Workout data is recorded and can be reviewed on the device in map, summary, or chart form. Data can also be exported for use with compatible desktop apps and web sites. Export formats include: GPX, KML, TCX, and CSV. The charting feature lets you select one or two data items to be graphed for each interval. Zoom and pan on the chart view to see as much detail as you want for any part of your workout.
Upload your workout data directly to your TrainingPeaks.com or Sportlyzer.com account.
• Heart rate
CrewNerd supports the Zephyr HxM Bluetooth heart rate monitor and all Bluetooth SMART monitors. Bluetooth SMART requires Android version 4.3 or later.
• Live tracking
Stream your location and workout data as it happens to any web browser via CrewNerd.com. This is a great tool for coaches working with multiple boats, or for spectators during a race. This can also be used as a safety feature to keep track of rowers while they're out on the water.
• Speech output
For blind and vision-impaired athletes, CrewNerd provides audible feedback during your workouts. Configure the content and timing of the announcements to meet your needs. Very handy for stand-up paddle-boarding or other activities where the phone's display can't be viewed easily.
• For coaches
Use custom workouts to keep your practices on target. In coach mode, you can tap anywhere on the screen to check stroke rate.
Waterproof cases are available to protect your device on the water. See our web site for more information.
Keywords: rowing, crew, kayak, canoe, Dragonboat, paddling, paddleboard, sculling, SUP
Is the rowing machine something that you bypass at the gym or only use to warm up or cool down? British Rowing would like to present RowActiv, an app that proves that the rowing machine is a great way to work out, whatever your level of fitness.
If you are new to working out, returning to an exercise programme or already an active person, RowActiv has something for you. It is your indoor rowing personal trainer.
RowActiv sessions are:
•Designed and delivered by expert indoor rowers
•Targeted at specific fitness levels
•Audio; it talks you through each stage of the session
•Varied lengths to fit in with your gym schedule
With RowActiv you can also...
•Use the Video classroom to access content such as good technique and warming up
•Compete against other “RowActivs” in regular challenges
•Track your training using RowLog
•Match your music to your workout
Join the indoor rowing revolution and download RowActiv now!
Before starting any new exercise programme, please consult your GP or a qualified personal physical activity trainer. If you experience any discomfort, stop exercising immediately. British Rowing does not accept responsibility for any injuries that may occur when using or following use of this app.
Important Note: This app will be light on the results for past events but going forward most if not all races will have results. Also, many events will post to this app during the event but others may post after its completion.
Hey Regatta Director...want to submit your event's results? Reach out to us via the email address below and we will send you our upload tool. Post in minutes!
All data collected by the application can be exported to an SD card in the CSV format and then imported to another device with CycleDroid. It is also possible to save data to a GPX (GPS eXchange Format) or KML file and see a route on a map on a computer (for instance in Google Earth).
CycleDroid provides also a feature of drawing graphs: altitude/distance, speed/distance, speed/time. You can easily zoom in/out a graph using multi-touch. The application allows for saving a particular graph or its part as an image file.
– precise location (GPS and network-based) – to track movement,
– modify or delete the contents of your USB storage, test access to protected storage – for importing and exporting trips,
– prevent device from sleeping – to keep tracking enabled when a phone is not being used,
– full network access, view network connections, read Google service configuration – for Google Maps and Facebook.
Feel free to rate, report bugs in the application or translations, leave your opinions in comments and contact me either directly or by CycleDroid Facebook profile: http://www.facebook.com/cycledroid. If you like this application, rate it on this site. If you would like to help me and participate in the translation of CycleDroid, enter this site: http://crowdin.net/project/cycledroid.
You can calculate your Distance, Time, Average Split, Weight Adjusted Scores, and Predictions using Paul’s Law. You can also view World Records and compare yourself against the best.
Weight adjustment uses the following formula from Concept 2:
Wf = [body weight in lbs / 270] raised to the power .222
Corrected time = Wf x actual time (seconds)
Corrected distance = actual distance / Wf
Paul's Law says that for a rowing athlete with balanced speed and endurance capabilities, for every doubling of distance the 500m split should increase by five seconds.
- Track your activities on all Android Smartphones and Android Wear smatwatches (Sony Smartwatch 3, LG G Watch R, ASUS ZenWatch etc.)
- Send your workouts to Run-log.com and watch (Workouts of friends, maps, stats, events, Forums)
Every dedicated cyclist wants to be more powerful. Using a customizable bike gears calculator app makes it easy. Customize the bike gears calculator app to match your bike specs. Bike gears calculator allows you to choose cadence, tire size, crank length and more and determine gear ratio, gain ratio, speed, pedal rotations and much more.
Bicycle Gears app helps you to determine whether you have the right bike but the wrong gears. This handy application gives cyclists facts on-the-spot to improve their overall experience.
Bicycle gear calculator app is comprehensive get answers right away and share them with other cyclists. Create tables and view essential information at a glance: gear inches, gain ratio, development, speed and more. Ease of use makes this app the ultimate way to find solutions. When you get answers, share them with fellow cyclists.
Choose time then let the Bike Gears app calculate the distance you will cover using a particular gear ratio and number of pedal rotations. Alternatively, you can also calculate time and distance based on the number of pedal rotations per a certain gear ratio. Plan your trips, know your gears and achieve your goals using this handy bicycle gear calculator app. You can even select the distance and the time and number of pedal rotations required. The application can help you to compare the gears and find the alternative gears. Bike gears app helps cyclists do it all.
Bicycle gear calculator app is an easy way to get the facts. Cycling is better when you know how and when to get in the right gear. Getting in the optimum gear on time will improve your performance. Take advantage of the incredible abilities of this innovative app to meet and exceed your cycling goals. Have a safe ride!
This application demystify every basic repairs and maintenance routines, plus some intermediate to advanced ones.
When you repair and maintain your bike yourself, you do not have to spend time on handing in your bike to the bike shop.
You also save time because you do not have to go down to the bike shop to hand in your bike.
"Bike Repair" is the most detailed bike repair manual in Google play.
Every cyclist should know how to fix a tire; setup a motorcycle chain; patch a motorcycle passage; replace bicycle wheels, spokes, pedals, and handlebars; adjust motorcycle gears; and other bicycle repair jobs.
For each repair, we'll give how-to specifics, helpful illustrations, and a list of the materials and tools you'll need to get the job done.
You learn how to repair and maintain your own bike.
Fixing your shifting problem, derailleur noises, brakes rubbing on the wheel, flat tire, broken chain, pedal removal, hydraulic brakes, etc has never been easier.
You may save a lot of money when you repair and maintain your own bike.
Bike Repair: Apple, Motorola, Samsung, the Samsung Galaxy SIII, the Galaxy S4, the Galaxy Note, the Galaxy Note II, LG, Blackberry, Nokia, Sony, & more.
Moreover, Cycling is also a great way for children to exercise and keep their bodies fit. To teach children to be responsible for their possessions, it’s a good idea to teach them how to repair and maintain their bicycles.
You may always repair your bike – no matter where you are.
✓ How to Put On a Bicycle Chain
✓ How to Fix Stuck Bicycle Brakes
✓ How to Mend a Puncture in a Bike Tire
✓ How to Unwobble a Bicycle Rim
* Stroke rate
* Elapsed time
* Split time
+ auto/manual start/stop
+ accumulated/reset values
+ aggregated values:
- avg speed
- avg stroke rate
- stroke count
* Real-time analysis Graphs
* Session recording/replay
* real-time remote monitoring (experimental)
Please submit bug reports on http://nargila.org/trac/robostroke/newticket
Time / Distance / pace calculator
Paul's Law - Calculates rowing average 500m split times based on Paul's Law. Paul's Law states that for balanced athletes, that for each doubling of distance, the 500m split should increase by 5 seconds.
VO₂ Max Calculator.
Paul's Law - calculations for these distances and times:
1609m (1 mile)
Feedback is HIGHLY appreciated, especially bug reports and improvement ideas.
Copyright Tim Rochford, 2012.
A must for every rowing coach selecting crews for regatta season. No more head scratching and time wasted on training camp trying to do the calculations. Very easy interface - just fill in times and click complete.
Touch on Boat and Athlete names to personalise.