Are you a novice rower looking for some great drills to improve your rowing or a coach or coxswain that would like their crew to see how to perform a drill? Maybe you are new to the sport and want to get ahead of the curve. You will find this app to be one of the most useful you will ever own. Each drill is animated for the purpose of making it a drill easy to learn by watching how it is done. Can be used for both sweep and sculling. Easy to use interface.
This app is a must for the coach, sweep rower, boat rigger and sculler.
Rigging your boat correctly will result in a most effective stroke.
Anyone who wants to get the most out of their rowing stroke should have this app. Adjusting the boat to your personal requirements is no longer a mystery.
“Pitch Meter Row” includes a Pitch meter with an easy to use interface. Zero in your pitch and lock in buttons are included. And if you are new to boat rigging, this is a great app with useful information and illustrations that will show you how to get measurements for your boat.
Learn how to measure:
• Oarlock Pitch
• Oarlock Height
• Footstretcher Position
• Footboard Angle
- Auto-fill feature saves info from Pitch Meter right to Boat Notes
- Includes info on using C.L.A.M.'s
- You can even keep a log of your settings for later use.
- No more carrying around levels and expensive meters.
- Display stroke rate, stroke count, distance, speed, time, elapsed time, calories, heart rate, etc.
- Built-in graphs and maps
- Logbook to store all your workouts
- Programmable workouts with simple graphical wizard
- “Erg with Friends” allows you to erg against friends anywhere in the world with live results
- Supports sweeps, sculls, kayaks, dragon boats, Concept2 ergometers (versions PM3, PM4 and PM5)
- All the features of ErgData and much more
- Bluetooth wireless or USB wired connection to Concept2 erg
- Erg calculator
BoatCoach saves you from spending hundreds of dollars on a dedicated stroke meter and provides features not found elsewhere. BoatCoach uses your phone’s built-in sensors so no wires required!
- Stroke rate / count
- Speed average
- Speed for the last 10 strokes
- Elapsed time
- Calories / Watts
- Heart rate
ADDITIONAL CONCEPT2 ERG MEASUREMENTS (similar to ErgData)
- Drive length / speed
- Drag factor
- Use 8 predefined programs including pyramids, tabata, 3 x 2000M, 10x500M, etc.
- Create unlimited programs using simple graphical wizard
- Program time, distance, effort, target stroke rate
- Use programs for both rowing and Concept2 erging
- Store all your rowing and Concept2 erg workouts in a single logbook
- Edit and email workout details
- View graphs of prior workouts
- Upload workouts to Concept2 website
- Plot speed, stroke rate, and heart rate vs. distance and time
- Adjust y-axis max/min to optimize display area
- Pinch & zoom to view in more detail
- Automatically store graphs in logbook for later viewing
- Plot rowing in motion using phone's sensors
ERG WITH FRIENDS
- Erg against friends whether they be in the same room or a different continent,
- Up to 8 people row with each other while sharing live workout data (stroke rate, speed, time, distance)
- Map multiple workouts simultaneously with satellite or street view
- Color route by speed, date, and piece
- Collect and email CSV data while rowing and erging. Speed, distance, heart rate, stroke rate, etc. Graph in spreadsheets like Excel.
- Collect and email GPX information while rowing. Map your workout in Endomondo, Garmin Connect, and other applications.
HEART RATE MONITOR (HRM)
- Check and record your heart rate
- Bluetooth Smart / Bluetooth Low Energy HRMs are supported
- Also support for legacy Zephyr HxM HRM
- Hands-free autostart pieces
- Manually start / stop / clear /pause / resume pieces
- App can speak start/stop/speed/time/distance/etc [useful for visually impaired rowers]
- View acceleration vs. time graph for your boat
- Email graphs to yourself
- Help optimize your stroke
- View Concept2 force plot, including quarterly average and distribution
- Calculate pace, time, distance for Concpet2 erg
- Calculate weight adjusted pace and projected pace
- Programs, graphs, Bluetooth smart HRM, maps, and data capture require paid upgrade for full functionality.
- 4 customizable screen layouts. Choose the data you want to see.
- View distance in meters, kilometers, feet, miles
- View speed in m/s, km/hr, ft/s, miles/hr, min/500m, min/1000m, min/mile
CONCEPT2 USERS – IMPORTANT
- Upgrade PM to the *latest* firmware
- For Bluetooth connection a PM5 and a phone with Android 4.3+ is required
- For USB connection, phone must pass USB Host Mode compatibility tests. Use the “USB Host Diagnostics” app available free from the Google Play Store.
- App will not function properly if a LogCard is in the monitor.
Please see www.boatcoachapp.com
[For Android OS version less than 4.1, see www.boatcoachapp.com/instructions.php.]
You can calculate your Distance, Time, Average Split, Weight Adjusted Scores, and Predictions using Paul’s Law. You can also view World Records and compare yourself against the best.
Weight adjustment uses the following formula from Concept 2:
Wf = [body weight in lbs / 270] raised to the power .222
Corrected time = Wf x actual time (seconds)
Corrected distance = actual distance / Wf
Paul's Law says that for a rowing athlete with balanced speed and endurance capabilities, for every doubling of distance the 500m split should increase by five seconds.
- Conoce de primera mano las noticias y comentarios sobre el Kaiku mediante el Twitter oficial del club
- Entérate de su historia, su palmarés, sus instalaciones, tripulación…
- Disfruta de el himno del club allá donde vayas, tanto en su versión cantada por Los Txikis como en la versión más rockera compuesta por Los Whitos
- Posibilidad de guardar la aplicación en tu sdcard
- Contacto directo con el desarrollador de la aplicación: Mánda tus ideas, sugerencias, comentarios, opiniones, problemas… todos ellos ayudarán a mejorar la aplicación y harán que esté a la altura de este mítico y señorial club de remo.
¡¡AUPA KAIKU QUE TÚ ERES EL AMO!!!
OxBump is the essential app for the Oxford college rowing community. Whether you are a rower, cox, coach, spectator, fan, or alum, OxBump delivers the information you need.
Rowers, coxes, and coaches rely on instant-access OURCs flag status, weather conditions, and river rules. Coaches and spectators alike use the moving map to track boats on the water. And everyone loves watching live and historical bumps results for Torpids and Summer Eights.
Using the accelerometer in your phone or tablet, CrewNerd calculates your stroke rate as well as how much bounce (vertical movement) and stern check you are producing. Speed, pace and distance are calculated via GPS. Heart rate monitoring is supported as well.
Use a pre-programmed workout (or create one of your own) or just start the timer and go. All of your workout data is recorded and can be viewed later in map or graph form, or exported in a variety of popular formats. Use our live tracking feature to let coaches and spectators monitor your race or workout in real time in most web browsers.
Note: CrewNerd runs in trial mode by default, giving you 100 strokes or five minutes to evaluate the application in your boat. A small monthly subscription fee removes these restrictions.
• Configurable display
CrewNerd's main screen is very configurable. Rows can be double-height and can display either one or two of the following data fields:
• Stroke rate
• Elapsed time
• Speed or pace
• Average speed or pace
• Projected time or distance
• Total practice distance
• Heart rate
• Stroke count
• Interval count
• Meters per stroke
• Course (direction)
• Time of day
• Maximum heart rate
• Maximum stroke rate
• Custom workouts
Select from one of the provided workouts, or create your own based on distance, time or strokes. An auto-start feature starts the timer when the first stroke is taken, or you can set a “countdown” of 15 or 30 seconds before the timer starts to allow you to build up speed before starting a piece.
Custom workouts can be created easily, much like programming a Concept 2 ergometer. Workout types include:
- Single distance
- Single time
- Distance intervals
- Time intervals
- Stroke intervals
- Custom intervals (any combination of distance, time, or stroke-based intervals)
• Custom courses
Create custom by plotting your start and finish lines in Google Earth. The application will start the timer automatically when you cross the start line and stop when you reach the finish. Great for hands free operation in head races or for set routes you routinely use.
• Review your data
Workout data is recorded and can be reviewed on the device in map, summary, or chart form. Data can also be exported for use with compatible desktop apps and web sites. Export formats include: GPX, KML, TCX, and CSV. The charting feature lets you select one or two data items to be graphed for each interval. Zoom and pan on the chart view to see as much detail as you want for any part of your workout.
Upload your workout data directly to your TrainingPeaks.com or Sportlyzer.com account.
• Heart rate
CrewNerd supports the Zephyr HxM Bluetooth heart rate monitor and all Bluetooth SMART monitors. Bluetooth SMART requires Android version 4.3 or later.
• Live tracking
Stream your location and workout data as it happens to any web browser via CrewNerd.com. This is a great tool for coaches working with multiple boats, or for spectators during a race. This can also be used as a safety feature to keep track of rowers while they're out on the water.
• Speech output
For blind and vision-impaired athletes, CrewNerd provides audible feedback during your workouts. Configure the content and timing of the announcements to meet your needs. Very handy for stand-up paddle-boarding or other activities where the phone's display can't be viewed easily.
• For coaches
Use custom workouts to keep your practices on target. In coach mode, you can tap anywhere on the screen to check stroke rate.
Waterproof cases are available to protect your device on the water. See our web site for more information.
Keywords: rowing, crew, kayak, canoe, Dragonboat, paddling, paddleboard, sculling, SUP
Time / Distance / pace calculator
Paul's Law - Calculates rowing average 500m split times based on Paul's Law. Paul's Law states that for balanced athletes, that for each doubling of distance, the 500m split should increase by 5 seconds.
VO₂ Max Calculator.
Paul's Law - calculations for these distances and times:
1609m (1 mile)
Feedback is HIGHLY appreciated, especially bug reports and improvement ideas.
Copyright Tim Rochford, 2012.
A must for every rowing coach selecting crews for regatta season. No more head scratching and time wasted on training camp trying to do the calculations. Very easy interface - just fill in times and click complete.
Touch on Boat and Athlete names to personalise.