Taking a step forward towards making travelling in public transport a smoother and a more reliable experience for commuters, Delhi Integrated Multi-Modal Transit System (DIMTS) has launched the NextBus Delhi application.
The application is currently available for Orange colored Delhi Transit buses, except for the Trip Planner and bus stop feature which gives data of the DTC bus routes also. The information for DTC operated buses for the rest of the features will soon be integrated into the application.
The application has the following features:
• Occupancy Display: Gives tentative occupancy of the bus running on a route at a bus stop.
• Estimated Time of Arrival (ETA): Users can now find out the estimated time of arrival of a bus at a bus stop by entering the name of a bus stop and the route number.
• Estimated Travel Time (ETT): Gives estimated time of travel from one place to another by entering the source and destination bus stop . The application gives the route number to take to reach the destination. If there is no direct route, the application displays the transit points and mode to reach the destination.
• Route Details: Shows the bus stops on the route and on clicking the bus stop, shows the ETA and tentative occupancy of the bus on that stop.
• Track location of a bus: Shows the real time location of the buses plying on the route on the map.
• Locate Bus Stop: Shows the bus stops in his/her vicinity by using his default location or entering the location on search box.
• Trip Planner: Shows the route and mode to take to reach from source to destination. This displays Orange and DTC buses route.