★★New DioDict 4, Quick Search Enabled Electronic Dictionary, Now Available★★
The complete Collins COBUILD Advanced Dictionary • Made specially for learners of English • Over 146,000 words, meanings and examples • Thousands of notes on grammar and ways to use words • No internet connection needed.
**Free upgrade available for DioDict 3 Collins English Dictionary users.
DioDict 4 is only compatible with OS versions ICS (Android 4.0) and above. If your device’s OS is ICS or higher, DioDict 4 will be downloaded and installed. If your device’s OS is lower than ICS, DioDict 3 will be automatically selected for download.
If you are using DioDict 3, please note that each version has different functions. **
==Dictionary features include==
Collins COBUILD Advanced Dictionary
• 41,000 word entries and 105,000 text samples including all frequently used words.
• a long list of phrasal verbs with detailed descriptions of their meaning.
• meanings explained using commonly used words only, so learners can easily understand entries.
• British and American English vocabulary. British/American-only words are specially marked.
• explanations and examples use natural sounding, commonly used grammar and expressions.
• thousands of examples of real English showing learners how a word is normally used.
• audio files with American native speakers‘ pronunciation of words and sentences.
• a pronunciation guide (IPA) with word stress shown next to each word entry.
• large amount of grammatical information:
-- parts of speech (noun, verb, adj. etc.) of each word.
-- irregular verb forms and noun plurals.
-- which prepositions are used with which verbs and adjectives.
-- whether a noun is countable or non-countable.
====Powerful & Specialized Functions===
▶Easier Search with 'Multi Search' ◀
• When you enter a word to search, relevant sentence idioms and phrasal verbs are searched for and spelling is checked automatically.
• Multiple types of searches are available in a single search window without the need to select a search mode.
▶ Search Features ◀
• Wildcard search: enter “?” or “*” in place of a letter when you are unsure of the spelling (e.g., “man*ver” retrieves the word “maneuver”).
• Search not only for words, but for phrases or examples.
• Search for similar words: e.g. clicking on “adding” in an entry yields a list of similar and derivative words: “addition”, “additional”, “additive”, “addition reaction”.
• The search results are listed in real-time when you enter a keyword.
• Links to Google so that you can search for more information on a particular word.
▶ Vocab Revision ◀
• Pronunciation guide from the built-in American Text To Speech (TTS) solution.
• History menu lists all your recent word searches.
• Save words and expressions to any number of flashcard folders.
• You can efficiently learn the words saved in the folders using the Cradle and Yes/No Quizzes function.
===Reliable Dictionary App Provider===
***Electronic Dictionary Application Chosen by Top Smartphone Manufacturers, such as Samsung and LG.
- Installed on over 90% of Samsung and LG smartphones with users all over the world. Highest market share for dictionary applications.
*** The Number One Company in the Domestic Mobile Electronic Dictionary Market for Over 10 Years, with Over 100 staff in R&D.
- The company’s own testing department performs meticulous testing, along with a customer support department.
* You may also notice a $1.00 transaction from Google, which is actually a pending authorization request between Google billing system and the bank that issued your credit or debit card, so you won't end up paying the extra $1.00.
Detailed guide for required access items when using DioDict
Permission to save: Access to save required files such as database and fonts for dictionary use
Permission to call: Access to device information to confirm purchase authentication