★★End of Service Guidance★★
Dear users, the Collins Eng - Eng/Chn/Jap/Kor which has become a strong friend for studying foreign languages will end its service on May 20.
Even after the end of the service, it can be used without problems for existing installed apps. Even if the App is deleted due to a device change etc., it can be reinstalled from "My Apps / Games > Library" of Play Store. However, updates are not supported and you will not be able to receive support for errors due to OS updates in the future. Please make a purchase decision after carefully considering the contents.
The service will change to the brand new DIODICT you can use all dictionaries in the application. We also ask for much interest and love in the newly released DIODICT.
DIODICT new service scheduled to start: end of April
Planned end of Collins Eng - Eng/Chn/Jap/Kor: May 20
The complete Collins COBUILD English/Chinese/Japanese/Korean Advanced Dictionary of American English • Made specially for learners of English-Chinese-Japanese-Korean • Contains over a quarter of a million translations from English to Chinese, Japanese and Korean • Thousands of notes on grammar and ways to use words • No internet connection needed.
Collins COBUILD English/Chinese/Japanese/Korean Advanced Dictionary of American English is based on one of Collins’ most innovative dictionaries: the Collins Cobuild Advanced Learner’s Dictionary, which was the first fully corpus-informed dictionary for learners of English. The corpus in question, the Bank of English™, contains 4.4 billion words, and is constantly growing and being updated.
Dictionary features include:
• 87,000 bold references (headwords, derivatives, phrases & idioms, feature boxes)
• 273,000 translations into Chinese, Japanese and Korean: translations in each Asian language are clearly designated by the preceding cyan characters meaning ‘translation’ in each target language in the typeset sample
• 16,000 entries (with 1,000 phrasal verbs nested within)
• 41,000 definitions in English
• 43,000 examples of English in use, from the Bank of English™
• 1,800 feature boxes (language notes, regional variants, usage boxes, cultural boxes)
• CET Band 4, Band 6 and Band 6+ vocabulary is included: these words are highlighted in magenta in the typeset sample
• no internet connection needed to use dictionary
• Wildcard search: enter “?” or “*” in place of a letter when you are unsure of the spelling (e.g., “man*ver” retrieves the word “maneuver”).
• Search for similar words: e.g. clicking on “adding” in an entry yields a list of similar and derivative words: “addition”, “additional”, “additive”, “addition reaction”.
• Browse through the dictionary alphabetically or flip from one entry to the next with a flick of a finger.
• link to Google so that you can search for more information on particular words.
--Special features for revising vocabulary—
• History menu lists all your recent word searches.
• Save words and expressions to any number of flashcard folders.
• Mark flashcard words which need you still need to memorize.
*over Android 3.0 platform
* notice : copy&paste function is not available anymore because of the copyright issues.
* You may also notice a $1.00 transaction from Google, which is actually a pending authorization request between Google billing system and the bank that issued your credit or debit card, so you won't end up paying the extra $1.00.
Detailed guide for required access items when using DioDict
Permission to save: Access to save required files such as database and fonts for dictionary use
Permission to call: Access to device information to confirm purchase authentication
■ CS center : firstname.lastname@example.org
Our company name is now 'SELVAS AI' officially changed from DIOTEK.
The new name reflects our dedication to Artificial Intelligence technology, all of us at SELVAS AI strive to do our best for our customers.
■ Homepage: http://www.selvasai.com/