★★End of Service Guidance★★
Dear DioDict users, DioDict which has become a strong friend for studying foreign languages will end its service on August 31.
Even after the end of the service, it can be used without problems for existing installed apps. However, updates are not supported and you will not be able to receive support for errors due to OS updates in the future. Please make a purchase decision after carefully considering the contents.
Planned end of the service: August 31
The Official VOX English-Spanish Dictionary • Contains over 372,000 headwords, expressions and translations • Perfect for intermediate to advanced learners of Spanish and English both in the classroom and workplace • No internet connection needed.
Dictionary features include:
• 71,000 entries and 240,000 translations.
• 41,700 examples of use and 19,500 idioms.
• up-to-date vocabulary ranging from literary language to slang, including large numbers of place names, abbreviations, technical terms and English phrasal verbs.
• rich grammatical information:
- part of speech of all headwords, e.g. noun, adjective, verb
- irregular Spanish noun plurals, e.g. lápiz --> lápices, maniquí --> maniquíes
- gender (masculine, feminine) of all Spanish nouns.
- feminine forms of Spanish adjectives, e.g. cuarto, -a
- which preposition goes with which noun, verb or adjective, e.g. cabalgar en/sobre
• information on word use, such as:
- geographic differences between American and British English.
- register information, i.e. if a word is slang, colloquial, formal or archaic.
- explanations of cultural items, e.g. arras - 13 coins given by bridegroom to bride...
- notes on difficult spellings
• all English headwords are annotated with their pronunciation in the IPA phonetic alphabet.
• no internet connection necessary to use dictionary.
• wildcard search: enter “?” or “*” in place of a letter when you are unsure of the spelling (e.g., “man*ver” retrieves the word “maneuver”).
• browse through the dictionary alphabetically or flip from one entry to the next with a flick of a finger.
• links to Google so that you can search for more information on a particular word.
• history menu lists all your recent word searches.
• save words and expressions to any number of flashcard folders.
• mark words in your flashcard folder which you still need to memorize.
* Notice : copy&paste function is not available anymore because of the copyright issues.
* You may also notice a $1.00 transaction from Google, which is actually a pending authorization request between Google billing system and the bank that issued your credit or debit card, so you won't end up paying the extra $1.00.
Detailed guide for required access items when using DioDict
Permission to save: Access to save required files such as database and fonts for dictionary use
Permission to call: Access to device information to confirm purchase authentication
■ CS center : firstname.lastname@example.org
Our company name is now 'SELVAS AI' officially changed from DIOTEK.
The new name reflects our dedication to Artificial Intelligence technology, all of us at SELVAS AI strive to do our best for our customers.
■ Homepage: http://www.selvasai.com