If you have an issue, please contact me by emailing me at email@example.com and i will do everything i can to resolve your issue.
- Draws the current phase of the moon with parallactic angle
- Swipe left/right to increase/decrease the date by a day
- Two homescreen widgets with moon image and rise/set times
- Adjustable widget transparency
- Location based on GPS or manual coordinates
- Coordinate lookup by address, city name, postal code or landmark
- Adjustable date and time in 12/24 hour format
- Sun rise, set and twilight times for the given location
- Moon rise, set and transit times for the given location
- Percentage of the moon's visible disk illuminated
- Current moon altitude and azimuth in degrees
- Moon age and distance to Earth
- Current zodiac sign the moon is in
- Date and times of the next major phases
- Lunar calendar wich shows the phases for one month with indications of the major phases, swipe left/right to change the month
- Supports installation to SD card (Note: if installed to SD card, the widgets won't work! This is not a bug but an Android issue. See: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=8555)
- Language support for English, Dutch, German, French, Italian, Russian, Czech and Spanish
- Ad supported (can be removed with an in-app purchase)
The Night Sky Lite is a magical new app that enables you to identify the stars, planets, galaxies, and constellations you can see above. Just stand anywhere and hold your Android Phone or Tablet up to the sky and The Night Sky Lite will display the names of the stars, planets and other objects you are able to see, just like magic!
Even if your view is obscured by clouds or daylight, The Night Sky Lite app will know which stars, planets, galaxies, and constellations are hiding from your view! You have to use this app to realize just how amazing it is!
The Night Sky Lite does this by using your location data provided by the GPS and compass built in to your device. It then cross references your location data with its inbuilt map of the sky and overlays the stars, planets, galaxies, and constellations names on your screen. It really is magical and will amaze you, and anyone you show it to!
So next time you're gazing up in to The Night Sky and wonder the name of a star, planet, galaxy, or constellation, just get out your Android Phone or Tablet and let The Night Sky Lite app amaze your gaze!
The Night Sky is a #1 selling app because it really is simply magical!
The details of the various models used in this application can be found here: http://xxx.lanl.gov/abs/1109.3207
(Icon shows M51, the Whirlpool Galaxy. Image credit: NASA and The Hubble Heritage Team, STScI/AURA)
Keywords: astronomy, planetarium, planets, stars, wikitude
The Moon Info (the menu item) shows the date of phases of The Moon and the action of gravity on the human body. The strong gravity can cause problems to someone when he is sensitive to it.
You need Internet connection, only if You want to get help from the Wikipedia.
Install software and scroll the map as You needed.
To change of map use a MENU North Sky, South Sky.
- And more...
The application works off-line, so the content is available to you anytime and anywhere to brighten up your day, and grow faith in Jesus Christ.
The verses are taken from the “King James Version” (KJV) and “New International Version” (NIV) of the Holy Bible.
You can share this app with friends using Facebook®, email or Twitter®. Thank you for your support – we appreciate it.
Star charts are from IAU and Sky & Telescope, detail info is from Wikipedia.
Developed with Apache cordova. App needs no permissions but lists internet access as required for the webview UI.
To view a bigger version of the star chart (in case pinch zoom is still not working) turn to landscape mode.
If you are an advanced user or would like to support the development of SkEye, please consider purchasing this version.
This version has:
• Support for Comets.
• The complete NGC, IC catalog with a powerful object filter
• Satellite tracking
Note that TLE data is not automatically updated. I haven't added this mainly to avoid an extra permission: Internet access.
• All stars upto mag 10 are rendered.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Google Group: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/skeye
Astronomy, Sky Map, Digital Setting Circles, Star chart, Space, Planets
The Night Sky - Simply Magical
The Night Sky is a magical new app that enables you to identify the stars, planets, galaxies, constellations and even satellites you can see above. Just stand anywhere and hold your Android Phone or Tablet up to the sky and The Night Sky will display the names of the stars, planets and other objects you are able to see, just like magic!
Even if your view is obscured by clouds or daylight, The Night Sky app will know which stars, planets, galaxies, constellations and satellites are hiding from your view! You have to use this app to realize just how amazing it is!
The Night Sky does this by using your location data provided by the GPS and compass built in to your device. It then cross references your location data with its inbuilt map of the sky and overlays the stars, planets, galaxies, constellations and satellites names on your screen. It really is magical and will amaze you, and anyone you show it to!
So next time you're gazing up in to The Night Sky and wonder the name of a star, planet, galaxy, constellation or even a satellite, just get out your Android Phone or Tablet and let The Night Sky app amaze your gaze!
The Night Sky is a #1 selling app because it really is simply magical!
(Please see http://www.iCandiApps.com/iCandi_Apps_LLP/The_Night_Sky_-_Licensing.html for licensing information.)
This app helps open oneself to the amazing history of astronomy by listing all the great events in chronological order.
Browse through all the events that has made history!
Note: Only the facts listed in first section are free. To unlock all sections you must purchase after downloading this app.
Point your handset at the sky and see which satellites are there.
Droidsat is for advanced users who want to use their own TLEs or work offline.
Novice users may prefer Space junk or Satellite AR which are more user friendly.
Key features of DroidSat:
- after satellite files have been downloaded, no network connection is required.
- ability to load your own satellite TLE files.
- highly configurable display settings can minimize CPU use and save power.
- fast forward and orbital path display to show future satellite positions.
Enable GPS location and your internet connection before starting it for the first time.
menu->choose tles - select the category of satellite to display (stations.txt for ISS, visual.txt for the brightest satellites, tle-new.txt for recent launches)
menu->playback speed - speed up display by a factor of 10, 30 or 60.
menu->updated tles - update the satellite database. Do this once a week, or after new satellite launches.
menu->preferences - change your display properties (colours, etc.)
You may also copy your own TLE files to
Further instructions are available at
DroidSat is GPL. Source code available at
DroidSat uses Horst Meyerdierks' Sputnik 3.1 java program for satellite position calculations.
Satellite orbital data is downloaded from the celestrak.net, amsat.org and Mike McCants' websites.
Latest update uses MyLocation class from Fedor on stackoverflow.com
Individual planet's positions can be calculated for any time between the years 1900 to 2100.
What's Up Now:
Calculates which planets are currently up.
Filter planets based on visibility.
Calculates the lunar eclipses partially or fully visible.
Lists the time of events of the eclipse (Penumbral Start & End, Totality Start & End, etc).
Calculates the Solar eclipses partially or fully visible.
Lists the time of events of the eclipse (Eclipse Start & End, Totality Start & End, etc).
Displays path of totality/greatest eclipse on Google Maps.
Real Time Positions:
Displays the current position of a planet and updates in real time.
Countdown timer for rise/set time.
Update device location with GPS or manual entry.
Distant Suns (max) astronomy app is an award-winning hand-held planetarium with over 25 years of development, offering you the new way to look at the sky from on the Earth to off. Sporting over 130,000 stars, all 8 (or is it 9?) planets, the sun and moon, constellations, galaxies, nebula and star clusters, Distant Suns offers a gracefully visual respite from a busy day. While others play games, you can travel to the stars.
• Set your location from any place on Earth or off
• Change the date and time to show the sky of the past or future, like a celestial time-machine in your hands
• Learn the stories behind each constellation
• Follow the moon through its phases, and the planets through their monthly dance
• Unique to Distant Suns (max)You are no longer Earth-bound so you may fly out to the planets and watch them in their stately presence
• Observe Saturn from behind, Jupiter from Io, the Earth from the Moon
• Contains over 200 galaxies, nebula and star clusters, many within reach of binoculars
• Touch the sky to view extensive data on each object
• Perfect for the whole family. The only requirement is sense of wonder!
• Unleash your inner astronaut today