If you live in DC, you know that Metro times can be unpredictable and frustrating. You’ve probably tried a number of apps to help you find the time of the next train and found them to be broken, clunky or complicated. District Commuter aims to fix that problem by providing you with an app that simply “works” – that helps you get where you need to be, when you need to be there.
- Metro train times. We get our train estimates directly from WMATA. The number of cars are displayed next to the train and the arrival estimates are color coded for your convenience.
- Disruption and delay reporting. If there is a delay or disruption reported by WMATA for your station or line, a notification icon will appear will appear just above its name. Just press the the icon for more information.
- Favorites. If you ride the metro regularly, you probably use more than one station. We make it easy for you to save your favorite stations for easy look up.
- Nearest Metro. Maybe you don't know where the closest station is, no problem! Use our Nearest Stations feature to get a list of the closest stations to your location.
- Lyft estimate. Is the train you want to get on 30 minutes away, or non-existent? We got you covered. Displayed just below the estimated train times for your station is an estimate to the nearest Lyft for your location. Selection the Lyft option, choose the type of Lyft you want to use and District Commuter will take you right to your Lyft app so you can make a request!
- Metro map. A nice map detailing all metro stops and lines in Virginia, Maryland, and Washington DC.
- @MetrorailInfo twitter feed. Sometimes delays are not reported through the standard channel. We monitor @MetrorailInfo for reported delays and provide them under the Notifications tab.