At DIY, we believe that every kid is inherently creative. That's why our mission is to give kids all over the world a safe space to build, create, and grow together!
The DIY app offers kids a safe and moderated platform to share their creations, collaborate on projects, and make friends over common interests! There are over 150 interests for kids to explore like art, gaming, coding, music, anime, drawing, science, fandoms, etc, and DIYers add new ones to the platform every day by hosting challenges, live workshops, and contests of their own. In fact, nearly all the challenges, contests, and live workshops on DIY today are hosted by kids for other kids!
Our extensive safety features ensure that kids can operate the app independently and achieve their creative potential without fear of bullying, negativity, or icky content.
Here's how you can make the most of the DIY app -
Once you create your account, you will have unlimited access to our library of DIY videos, all of our 5000+ creative challenges, and over 2 million projects shared by DIYers.
To create, participate and share on DIY, you will need to upgrade to DIY Plus. A DIY Plus subscription allows kids to -
- Share their creations with the community
- Interact with other kids on the platform
- Host and attend live workshops
- Earn Gems that they can trade for cool merch
DIY Plus requires an in-app purchase of a monthly or yearly subscription plan. Each subscription allows adding up to 4 kids. To see if DIY Plus is right for you, you can take a 7-day free trial. While credit card details are required at the start of DIY Plus's free trial to confirm parental consent, the trial is absolutely free and can be canceled at any time.
What makes DIY safe?
- Human Moderation 24x7x 365: We've got a dedicated team of MODs working across time zones to keep DIY free of bullies, negativity, and intruders.
- AI-Powered Moderation: The app has 3 layers of built-in security that automatically filter out bad language, graphic content, and violence.
- Parent Powers: Every parent has access to a parent dashboard they can use to monitor their plan.
- Email Updates: Parents receive updates via email every time their kid posts on DIY.
- DIY is COPPA Compliant, kidSAFE certified, and ad-free.