The most FUN a kid can have swimming with sharks, fish and other creatures under the sea! Adventure-packed Ocean Forests is full of realistic underwater environments to explore, fun games and STEM-based vocabulary to satisfy children’s curiosity for the amazing world around them. This award-winning app has earned the praise of Common Sense Media, USA Today, Children’s Technology Review, Modern Mom and Smart Apps for Kids.
Ocean Forests is rich with entertaining activities and unique benefits specially designed for kids ages 5-8:
- Fun-filled games to challenge kids’ Reading and Science skills (Kindergarten - 3rd grade Levels)
- State of the art 3D animation and realistic graphics combined with touch screen responsive navigation bring sea creatures and their amazing underwater world to life
- Let your kids freely explore and search for new species in an unstructured, and safe educational and entertaining environment
- Expand the minds of young learners beyond fictional stories with scientifically accurate information that leaves them wanting to know more
- This immersive app provides opportunities to learn, play and experience ocean life while expanding language and reading skills
How does this fun-filled app benefit kids?
It’s all about the vocabulary, nonfiction vocabulary to be exact. Authentic, nonfiction reading is the most vocabulary-rich option for fostering the expansion of children's vocabularies. The breadth and depth of a child's vocabulary is directly correlated to that child's reading comprehension. In fact, the vocabulary of a child entering first grade predicts not only his/her reading ability at the end of first grade, but at the end of 11th grade (Juel and Deffes, 2004). And, nonfiction reading comprehension can have a significant impact on STEM-based testing and career success.